Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Track usage

The track area is open for public use just like a football oval, the Gold Coast Model Raceway Inc has right of use of the facilities for all weekends of the year.
You can use the track but some conditions do apply.
If you bring anythink on site you must take it away
(we have already had people using the area and left beer bottles, tyre packages and general rubbish around, WHICH IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE)
When using the facilities we expect you to report any problems or behavior by others to the club so that our facilities can be maintained in good conditions.
If we keep the area looking great people will respect it. Rubbish the area and everyone else will follow the lead of others

A key to the boom gate and drivers stand are only available to members of the club. So if you do not want to cart your gear in become a member and support the club financialy.

By next weekends working bee we will have spent close to $6000 on setting up.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:05 AM
J_D
Tech Initiate

how far is it from the carpark outside the boomgate to the track? just curious, because this lovely lady weighs 12kgs lol

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...gy004Large.jpg

so i can rock up there any time of day during the week and run my car? for free. Will there be others?

just asking because i work 7 days a week usually, but sometimes get a day off during the week, but barely ever on a weekend.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Lovely lady

You would want to be a member to gain access to the track car park as I have a 1/5th on-road car and would not want to carry it on my shoulder with feul and rafio gear.
Also you would want to wait untill the off-road track is completed as you would only destroy your tyres on the asphalt.
We would prefer that only On-road car run on the asphalt track as large off-road veichles have a way of destroying track barriers where they can achive to much speed.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:31 AM
J_D
Tech Initiate

when will that be finished?

I also have slick road tyres (PMT) for my marder, and its pretty good at stopping too, i have front and rear magura hydros
Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default Off road track

This is not my area of managment so you should keep an eye on the club web site for updates on off-road track progress.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:18 AM
J_D
Tech Initiate

Yea, ive been checking the site, i also emailed the off road co-ordinator, about rules and such for 1/5th, but no reply yet.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Track is awesome

Hi All

Just wanted to congratulate the Gold Coast club for the excellent facility they have obviously worked so hard to get up and running. Even thought the race meet was washed out half way thru today, I still came home quite happy as the track was a pleasure to drive on, ultra smooth and great grip.

Cant wait for the club to host a big meet there, maybe if you invite Andy cooke and Andrew Abbott up again it will be awesome to watch the really fast guys blast around your new track.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats to all the organisers of the new facility. Had a great time today and I reckon once the track is completed and power, shelter etc is all finished it will be one of the best clubs in QLD if not Aus.

It was run well, the atmosphere was good and the track itself is awsome, probably more suited to gas cars but the track itself is really nice to drive.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here is a few pic's from today's action, Great day.
Addam
Attached Thumbnails Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-first-race-day-003-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-first-race-day-001-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-first-race-day-002-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-first-race-day-004-small-.jpg   Gold Coast Model Raceway-Gilston-first-race-day-005-small-.jpg  

Old 09-10-2006, 05:41 AM
HQH
Tech Adept

Hey guys, track looks great. What did you use for your barriers?
Old 09-10-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi HQH
I think it was a special type of black condute piping and the guy's welded it together, They did a great job on it. Chris was saying the concrete kirb's are going down soon and the painting will be finnished soon. The pipes do a great job from a safety issue but also stop the track jumper's.
Addam
Old 09-17-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Next race day

Working bees are progressing well
By next race day we will have the concrete curbs in place on all corners & painted (weather permiting)
Front fence in along the pit areas
New speaker system to pasify the locals
and some of the pit straight fitted with concrete barriers.

On a sadder note some one mentioned during the last race day that they did not like the poly barriers we had used and they were going to pull them up. Well someone did pull them up during the week which is very is disapointing if it was done by a person attending the race day as they are in place to protect there investment as well as other peoples.
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT IF YOU ARE RUNNING INTO SAFTY BARRIERS AND CORNER CURBS IT IS NOT THERE FALT YOU MUST LEARN TO SLOW DOWN AND LEARN TO DRIVE.
We all must learn the new track and knowone knows that more that me arter turning my car upside down on the main straight sweeper.

Have a great week see you all October 1 remember that power is very limited at the moment. we may have power by the October 22 meeting.

Peter Gately
Old 09-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

So is your next meeting the 1st of october ?

i will have to come and race the track looks so nice.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just had a look at the track today and the curbs look sweet. They are the best looking curbs I have seen on an RC track anywhere. Well done so far guys.

I see what you mean with the pipe Peter. Was wondering why it had all been pulled up. Not very clever who ever did this. Also I noticed the lock to the gate has been busted off allowing access to the area as there were cars in there not belonging to the club either.

Keep up the good work...cant wait to have a run.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Whoa. That track looks amazing!

Well done guys, keep it up! Yet another excuse for me to move to Qld

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.