Melb Brand New Off Road Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

who said it needs to be sunday? why not saturday? :P
Old 07-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It's going to be great having a choice of tracks to race on every weekend , off road seems to be on the rise again , awesome.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I see a lot of talking but not a lot of doing. Just sayin'.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybo
who said it needs to be sunday? why not saturday? :P
You have a point there!
Old 07-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Angry

Mildura is working on things, why the bad attitudes?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Burlap, Brady,

How much work have you Guys been doing at Knox and for the Vics? 3/10's of SFA thats what.
Talk is cheap, I'm out on the track racing and with a shovel. Thats a more than a lot of you can attest to.
New members are doing more than the old hacks. Pretty sad really.
Truth hurts does'nt it!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

Well im sorry that i have other commitments (sport) to do! i still have at leat 50 years of racing left in me.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah sorry Brady Jnr, I appreciate you cant make it all the time.

What upsets me is; people who complain about: No drivers stand, noninal racing surface, not enough jumps, hardly any tracks, etc, etc.........

I for one will be providing free labour to assist in constructing a brick drivers stand for W-Sea.
I bet there will two or three Guys giving me a hand as well, out a of a large pool, as per bloody usual!
Old 07-10-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bendigo started less than a year ago on what was the old electric track, we got 11 cars to our first meet. since then we have lenghtened the track and improved the facilities (even though we know we are moving soon) We present our track in a very professional manner every meeting. we run meetings, some say to quickly but we get lots of spectators to our meets and we like to have something on the track at all times. we average 30 odd 6min heats in under 5 hours. We had 39 cars at our monster truck meet and 36 cars at our buggy bash and all of the above was done by our club members.
All 6 of us.
You dont need 100 guys that are gunna do something. You only need 6 that WILL do something.
Build it and they will come.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D REAL NO FEAR
Bendigo started less than a year ago on what was the old electric track, we got 11 cars to our first meet. since then we have lenghtened the track and improved the facilities (even though we know we are moving soon) We present our track in a very professional manner every meeting. we run meetings, some say to quickly but we get lots of spectators to our meets and we like to have something on the track at all times. we average 30 odd 6min heats in under 5 hours. We had 39 cars at our monster truck meet and 36 cars at our buggy bash and all of the above was done by our club members.
All 6 of us.
You dont need 100 guys that are gunna do something. You only need 6 that WILL do something.
Build it and they will come.
Well put
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burlap
I see a lot of talking but not a lot of doing. Just sayin'.
Sorry to disapoint you burlap, but coucils have this thing about spending there $$ on something that wont get used... I have been in talks with them over a period of time.

They are looking at the forums to see whats going on and negitive posts look bad on all of us. We are trying our best to speed things along, but with all the red tape and hoops you have to jump through just to get a start at it, it takes a while.

The complex we are designing and building will cater to all types of radio controlled vehicles.. IE nitro on and off road, electric on and off roads, crawlers, drag strip, clubrooms, bbq area, permenent power in the pits, recycled water for the tracks during summer, etc,etc.

All this takes time and large amounts of $$, so they want to be sure that we are going to be in it for the long haul...

The track will be built over stages to ensure minimum interruptions to the club and we the club have to match $ for $ there contributions..

If it were not for the hard work of the few for the benifit of the many, a lot of these new tracks just wouldnt happen.. And if it wasnt for the new blood in the old tracks completing changes, running state events, etc we would we go?? I thank everyone who has and those who continue to put in the hard work to make our track/bash days enjoyable.

So in the end everyone who likes going to the track for a full on race or a social day out bashing around can do so. And i hope that most if not all the other tracks being built now will be for the benifit of everyone and we can all enjoy our sport in a fun, relaxed and safe atmosphere.

Simon
Old 07-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

The KNOX club at the moment has a very strong "Workforce" so to speak.
Even after hard work from dedicated Members, the Kleenex Crew always have a sob. That's Clubs in general though......

The work is appreciated by the real racers though.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:24 AM
BG
Tech Addict

The guys that put in the effort to make things happen know how much it takes. As the Fuhrer said talk is cheap. We can work on the weekends and earn a wage. This is what we do for the clubs we race at. We help, for free. We enjoy it, we race on what we build and maintain and honestly we dont really care for those that have a say that dont lift a shovel and give us a hand for those 6 or seven hours each day we are there. Just ask Peter Crowe and Bob the "president" they will tell you exactly what they think of the people that talk fucking crap. We are in the same boat, and we are full steam ahead with those left in the wake. The bullshit filter is working overtime.

Cheers

BillyG
Old 07-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Seems Vic Off Road has picked up some serious momentum.
Why, thank you Neil.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BG
The guys that put in the effort to make things happen know how much it takes. As the Fuhrer said talk is cheap. We can work on the weekends and earn a wage. This is what we do for the clubs we race at. We help, for free. We enjoy it, we race on what we build and maintain and honestly we dont really care for those that have a say that dont lift a shovel and give us a hand for those 6 or seven hours each day we are there. Just ask Peter Crowe and Bob the "president" they will tell you exactly what they think of the people that talk fucking crap. We are in the same boat, and we are full steam ahead with those left in the wake. The bullshit filter is working overtime.

Cheers

BillyG
yep With out these guys, we would have no clubs or tracks to race on. keep up the top work guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.