R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/120134-bendigo-vic-road-car-club.html)

pkmck111 10-01-2006 04:08 PM

Castlemaine Results

Originally Posted by VoneSkip
Looking at the Castlemaine Results Team McKendry was well represented indeed ;)

Lucky ya Kids didnt beat ya Phil otherwise woulda been some some open slather Sledging goin on :lol:

Skip,

Where did you get the results from ?

PM with your Address and I will post the ESC, I left it home, if you still want it.

pkmck111 10-01-2006 04:12 PM

VORTEC

Is there a maximum number of entries you can have per class for each club for the VORTEC rounds ?

turtle 10-01-2006 06:46 PM

After racing Yesterday and Dandenong , I reckon we have to incorperate this Top 10 Shootout into 1 of our Meeting it was so Nerve Racking yet an Awesome format ;)

Lets toss up some Ideas and work something our for our December (Christmas) Meeting :nod:

We dont have to change the whole days Format Maybe just run 10 Minute Finals ... But have the Shootout for Grid Positions :)

Cheers
Skip

Sounds like a good idea skip. We are looking into doing something different for our december meeting too.
So how did it all go in Dandenong?

VoneSkip 10-01-2006 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by pkmck111
Is there a maximum number of entries you can have per class for each club for the VORTEC rounds ?

Stock you can have 4 Drivers ...

Pro Stock you can have 4 Drivers...

Pro Touring you can have 5 Drivers ....

I think that was it ;)

VoneSkip 10-01-2006 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by pkmck111
Skip,

Where did you get the results from ?

PM with your Address and I will post the ESC, I left it home, if you still want it.

PM Sent ;)

VoneSkip 10-01-2006 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by turtle
Sounds like a good idea skip. We are looking into doing something different for our december meeting too.
So how did it all go in Dandenong?

Yeh had a Good Day the New Track set up is heaps better than the last time i went there ... Enjoyed the Format ...

pkmck111 10-01-2006 08:01 PM

Shootout

I reckon it would be interesting doing the Shootout in the opposite direction.

kaptn 10-01-2006 08:44 PM

Thanks to the bendigo boys who came down yesterday. I was a bit worn out from all the cleaning and stuff in setting up yesterdays event but i hope that everybody who turned up had a great day.

Reading the pm's.

Our Bathurst round is normally run in the opposite direction. As is the real event. Yesterday, because it was a new track to everyone, we decided to run it in the normal direction. But next year we will revert back to opposite direction. Will make for some very interesting driving on this track for sure.

The 1 lap shootout is a hit, no doubt about it.

Interested in your event in December. Let us know the details and i am sure i can organise a crew from SERCCC to come up. Don't forget state titles at SERCCC 1st weekend in December. Will have entry form on website in the near future.

VoneSkip 10-01-2006 09:19 PM

Was a Good Day enjoyed the Format :)
Always good to come down and have some good fun Racing ;)

I am sure we will be able to organize something in ashort time for the December Meeting ...not sure when it will be though because of the 4th Sunday Being Christmas Eve :eek:

There will be a few of us coming down for the December VORTEC States for sure :)

Are we allowed to Camp at the Site Kaptn ?

NT 10-01-2006 09:31 PM

The Top 10 Shootout is unreal - i provisionally qualified 1st, and after flipping the car on its lid at the last corner, started 8th off the grid. It is such a challenge to get a good single lap in with that much pressure - and NO MARSHALLS to right an upside down/stalled car. GREAT FUN!!!

What about running 2 x 6min heats, a Top 10 shoot out and a 10 min final for the nitro classes? 2 x 5 min heats, a shootout and a 5min A Final for the Electrics? That shouldn't greatly increase the length of the day!

Kaptn, was a great day, a great format and i had a ball, even if car trouble put me out of the final. It was funny, cos even though i had a pretty good day, when i found that the aerial had been frayed, i pretty much put the car down, sat in the deck chair, and watched the race - i wasn't furious or anything.

Thanks for putting on a great day! The track was great, and so was the hospitality!

VoneSkip 10-02-2006 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by NT
Kaptn, was a great day, a great format and i had a ball, even if car trouble put me out of the final. It was funny, cos even though i had a pretty good day, when i found that the aerial had been frayed, i pretty much put the car down, sat in the deck chair, and watched the race - i wasn't furious or anything.

Nuh not at all :eek: I only had to put up with the Grizzling all the way Home :lol: Nuh only Kidding NT did take his misfortune Very Well ;)
Ya can tell it was only his 4th Time at a Race meeting with his Car coz he hasnt learnt the Tantrum Side of it Yet :lol: Although we are a Pretty Placid Bunch here in Bendigo :nod: ;)

NT 10-02-2006 03:37 AM

Nuh not at all :eek: I only had to put up with the Grizzling all the way Home :lol: Nuh only Kidding NT did take his misfortune Very Well ;)
Ya can tell it was only his 4th Time at a Race meeting with his Car coz he hasnt learnt the Tantrum Side of it Yet :lol: Although we are a Pretty Placid Bunch here in Bendigo :nod: ;)

I sure was disappointed after going out, but i guess thats racing. On the up side, i learnt a LOT yesterday in terms of tire management and running the car in the warmer weather - so it was a day to rack up to experience. And as you say Skip, not bad for the 4th Race day the car and I have had!!

I look forward to getting back down to Dandenong for another race day in the future -i had a great day! (car set-backs aside!)

pkmck111 10-02-2006 03:55 AM

Learn or Die

OH Bugger we should be all driving Toyotas.

3 Qualifiers had my car way too rich and was running out of fuel 4 Mins or less.

Had it pumping in the final at Castlemaine only for it to conk a couple of times in the main straight, too LEAN (doesn't the wife wish).

Thinking about giving it a go at the VORTEC at Castlemaine.

Get the Kids class up and going in the Electrics, the 5 year old beat the 8 year olds at Castlemaine THIS time. The buggers don't know when to stop you have to run around after their cars and pick them up so they don't keep going, just like the energizer batteries.

VoneSkip 10-02-2006 03:58 AM

Yes Phil run at VORTEC you will be fine :)

pkmck111 10-02-2006 04:00 AM

West Coast Eagles

Originally Posted by NT
I sure was disappointed after going out, but i guess thats racing. On the up side, i learnt a LOT yesterday in terms of tire management and running the car in the warmer weather - so it was a day to rack up to experience. And as you say Skip, not bad for the 4th Race day the car and I have had!!

I look forward to getting back down to Dandenong for another race day in the future -i had a great day! (car set-backs aside!)

Just like the Melbourne Storm they had a great day but at the end of the night ????????????????????

We all brag about wins ..........