Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club >

Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club

Like Tree7Likes

Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club

Old 12-13-2016, 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Good days racing, interesting race format.

Good to see 13 21.5's lined up and mostly not crashing.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

New 2017 race calendar will be up on the site soon
Old 12-23-2016, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2017 Racing Year

Just a quick note to end the year on

Thank you to everyone whom supported the club throughout the year, particularly with the 10th year anniversary of the Bendigo Classic, almost 100 entries is a fantastic achievement Thank you again for supporting such a great event.

2017 will see the club move to the 3rd Sunday of each month, hopefully this move will not only make it easier for other racers to support our club days, but for our members to support other clubs in the state

On behalf of BORRCCC we would like to wish everybody and their families a Merry Christmas and safe and prosperous New year for 2017.

Here is the 2017 calendar -

Sunday Racing Starts around 10am and goes through to 3pm.

January 22nd – Sunday Morning starting at 10am
February 19th – Sunday Morning starting at 10am
March 19th – Sunday Morning starting at 10am
March 17th to 19th AARCMCC Victorian State Titles
April 23rd – Sunday Morning starting 10am
May 17th – Sunday Morning starting 10am
June 18th – Sunday Morning starting 10am
June 18th Club AGM
July 16th – Sunday Morning starting 10am
August 20th – Sunday Morning starting 10am
September 17th – Sunday Morning starting 10am
October 20th to 22nd Bendigo Classic
November 19th – Sunday Morning starting 10am
December 17th Christmas Club day – Sunday Morning starting 10am

Bring on the 2017 Racing Year.

BORRCCC
Old 12-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Hi All in R/C Land ,

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and you have a awesome new year and stay safe if you are travelling.

Well it's been a while I have not the best year personally but we learn and move on.

Now for the R/C stuff, I would like to take this opportunity to Thank all our sponsors and to Jacqueline and Terry from the Bendigo council ,Matt Griffin RCRS for all his support and Renato Benci from RAB HOBBIES and My Boss Frank Byrne from Accredited Distributors that he has given me time off when I needed it ,Matt and Damien at Apco, also Best Western and Park Lane Holiday park, that have supported myself and the club for the year 2016 we could not have done it with out you THANK-YOU.

I would also like to thank from the bottom of my heart all the members and committee of the BORRCCC for all there support for 2016.

There is also a lot of people that have done so much extra and behind the scenes ,they have put in after hours and also with there own problems in there lives they always come through I Thank You very much and to everyone that has made a effort to come to the Easter Demonstrations and to the Bunnings ones as well you are all doing a great job for the club and if we continue in 2017 the club will grow and grow, Thank you.

Like to say a big thank you to the vice President Jamie(Gus) he is always there to help out,working bees and set up the track ,also Mick and Jye who always are there for working bee's and to do anything that is needed to be done like cooking at the Classic and helping with the track and for me helping at major event that we go to.

I would like to say a big big thank our joint Secretary's Lyndon and Kasey for everything They did for the Classic and everything else they have done to get the club organized , the bunnings demonstrations, the Classic, which we got over 90 entries and also the food from IGA and organizing the Bendigo Club with a lovely donation and our Saturday night feast and organizing the prisoners to clean the track and it is with sadness to that Lyndon had to resign from the position after the classic but Kasey took the job on and she has doing a awesome job she has kept me and the other Committee members informed and inline about things got our calendar done which we are now racing every 3rd weekend in 2017 , More bunnings events plus a lot more you are doing a fantastic Job could not have gone through the later part of the year with out you, awesome and through all they have done Kasey has had a Baby as well .

A big thank you to Dean our Treasurer for all his efforts and keeping me under control and we have moved forward and keeping in touch with the website and the card facility, Thank you

Also to Kristy Mountjoy who helped at the classic and other times when she could , she also has had a baby,a girl .
Matt Knightbridge,Brendan,Cooper,Wade,Tim,Charlie, Bailey I know I have forgotten some people I am Sorry I am getting old but as a President of this club I am honored and proud to have all of you and for a awesome job you have done all year.

To the ladies that maned our canteen for the Classic Amanda,Christina,Jinie,Paige,Kristy,Robyn and Mick who was manning the BBQ Thank you guys and girls for keeping us fed the event could not happen without you THANK YOU. Also a huge thank you to Gary our race director who had a very tough job this year but you were awesome and also to Ned who manned the scrutanering tent all weekend And Renato From RAB for doing the Raffle and for the Banners with out you guys again it would not happen.

Also I personally would like to thank Scotty Rawlings for all his help with Jon and his car when we go away and also when ever we ask thanks buddy. Lyndon and Kasey and Bailey for all there help as well.
Mick and Jye for helping when we go away racing with everything thank you.
Also Nigel and Todd for all there help with the cars over the year mine and Jon's Thank you very much I could not go away racing or race at all without these guys I ,

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART I JUST CAN NOT DO IT WITH OUT YOU

Also guys and girls try to support other clubs and try to at least go once a year as we support them they will support us we are all family so lets help each other out and in a Whole the Sport/Hobby will benefit lets keep this them us attitude out of the hobby.

There is a couple of other people that I would like to thank most of all and first to my son Jon you have grown into a mature and kind young man you have taken on the club duties like the computer for race entries and helping the young at our demonstrations ,you help me and anyone else that need it ,you get our stuff ready for racing and you see me when I am stressed as well and also you help Dean with the website . thank you so much love you lots.

The other is my Daughter Christina she see's me at my worst and my grumpyist and she never complains when I ask her to do things for me for the club i would like to say sorry and Thank you love you lots

There are another I would like to thank who has had the worst year possible and that is Joe you lost your Dad this year 2016 and we in the R/C community lost a legend and a Man that had a strong presence at our club and everywhere he went in the R/C world .You Joe came to our Classic this year and raced which would of been very hard for you,you also did our numbers I thank you from the bottom of my heart and you did this while you were still dealing with your Dads passing and I would like to Thank you as a friend and as the President of the club also your Girlfriend Janelle for her support of you and for being there when you needed her the most good people are hard to find these day ,you are lucky . We all miss your Dad every day . Also if you need anything or help do not hesitate to ask you are part of our family.

I would also take this time to Thank Matt Mancs for coming to the classic and also all the work your Dad did in a short amount of time we lost him in 2015 put into the Club we miss him every day . These men that have put in so much and sacrificed We have honored them with a seat and a plaque with there names on it .

RIP ADRIAN AND MICHAEL

Thank you all
See you racing in 2017
Take Care

THEODORE THEODOROU
PRESIDENT BENDIGO ON-ROAD RADIO CONTROL CAR CLUB
Old 12-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

well said teo . merry xmas to all , catch up soon. have a safe new year
Old 01-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

The first race of the 2017 racing season is quickly coming.
Get your gear and cars ready!
Old 01-17-2017, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Racing this Sunday

The racing season comences this Sunday !

Looking like being a reasonably big day with a few southers heading our way.

Weather looking awesome , few new cars within in the club.... Lets get the year off with a great day of racing fun !
Old 01-19-2017, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Racing this Week

Reminder that racing begins this week 10am Sharp , registrations open from 9am closing at 9.45am Sharp...

For the 1st time in a long time the club last night voted to commence running a club Championship which will run over 2 seasons -

Season 1 being from January through until June

Season 2 will run from July through to December

Championship details -

- You must be a Member of BORRCCC to be eligible to have points count towards the end of season tally

- All classes apart from Novice will run for championship points. with a minimum of 4 entries for points to count.

- Points are not transferable between classes.

- Minimum of 3 of the 6 rounds per season to be ran before a championship result is deemed.

- Trophies awarded to winners of each season, along with Trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd presented at the end of the year after the combining of both seasons points.

- Points will be awarded in 2 groups as follows =
Qualifying - TQ = 10
2 = 8
3 = 6
4 = 5
5 = 3
Rest = 2

Finals - Win = 10
2nd = 8
3rd = 7
4th = 6
5th = 5
6th = 4
7th = 3
8th = 2
Rest = 1

- Progressive points will be posted each Sunday night on the completion of racing.

Cya all Sunday
Old 01-20-2017, 12:13 AM
Tech Champion

Looking foward to this weekend ...

Whats everyone running ?
Old 01-21-2017, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Got to try out the new chassis in 21.5 and the old chassis in VTA this weekend
Old 01-22-2017, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Points

Points after Round 1 Season 1

Formula = Qualifying Position + Overall Position = Total Round Points'

Ned Dryden 2 + 1 = 3
Sam Carmen 2 + 1 = 3
Brett Lhell 2 + 1 = 3
Steve Purser 2 + 1 = 3
Brendan Carrick 2 + 1 = 3
Charlie Bennell 3 + 2 = 5
Dean Hill 2 + 3 = 5
Wade Griffin 2 + 4 = 6
Mick Sanders 2 + 5 = 7
Theo Theodorou 6 + 6 = 12
Matthew Knightsbridge 8 + 7 = 15
Scott Ager 5 + 8 = 13
Jye Sanders 10 + 10= 20

Lyndon Turvey 3 + 5 = 8
Tim Forster 5 + 6 = 11
Scott Pocock 6 + 7 = 13
Jon Theodorou 10 + 8 = 18
Nigel George 8 + 10 = 18

Although numbers were great today, these were the only 2 classes to have sufficient entries, with 3 of the 6 rounds to count per class its not yet doomed for other classes.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B.O.R.R.C.C.C
Points after Round 1 Season 1

Formula = Qualifying Position + Overall Position = Total Round Points'

Ned Dryden 2 + 1 = 3
Sam Carmen 2 + 1 = 3
Brett Lhell 2 + 1 = 3
Steve Purser 2 + 1 = 3
Brendan Carrick 2 + 1 = 3
Charlie Bennell 3 + 2 = 5
Dean Hill 2 + 3 = 5
Wade Griffin 2 + 4 = 6
Mick Sanders 2 + 5 = 7
Theo Theodorou 6 + 6 = 12
Matthew Knightsbridge 8 + 7 = 15
Scott Ager 5 + 8 = 13
Jye Sanders 10 + 10= 20

Lyndon Turvey 3 + 5 = 8
Tim Forster 5 + 6 = 11
Scott Pocock 6 + 7 = 13
Jon Theodorou 10 + 8 = 18
Nigel George 8 + 10 = 18

Although numbers were great today, these were the only 2 classes to have sufficient entries, with 3 of the 6 rounds to count per class its not yet doomed for other classes.

See you all next clubby
Old 01-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by G4ZZ4
See you all next clubby
Will be great have you back Garry

Best news !!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by G4ZZ4
See you all next clubby
Great to have you back Wilbur 🏁🏁
Old 02-02-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Hi All,

Awesome news Garry GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK

CHEERS
T.Theodorou
(Prez )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.