R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing

Old 06-12-2006, 04:27 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to DaRaceMasta
Default GS Avenger Pro buggy kit

hi just wanted to know if anyone has driven or owned one of these?,could anyone give feedback,good buggy? what are the positives and negatives about it? just ordered myself one from Hobbyco for $300!!! which is good considering the features it has.
Attached Thumbnails
GS Avenger Pro buggy kit-avg_top.jpg   GS Avenger Pro buggy kit-avg_side.jpg   GS Avenger Pro buggy kit-avg_front.jpg   GS Avenger Pro buggy kit-l3000.jpg  
Old 06-12-2006, 05:24 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the avenger is discontinued. it wasn't really that good to race. it was stronger in some areas than the storm though (mainy rear end i think)

the avenger is good for bashing but not so much for racing.
$300 is cheap, when i worked there last year the avenger was...if i remember right about $590?

also on a side note, the GS avenger didn't sell too well, although hobbyco seemed to always bring in spare parts for it, so parts availability is good at hobbyco for this kit, and all the GS stuff. but parts availability from any other shop isn't so good. just have a part number and visit them personally for more imidiate results. the over the phone delivery purchase method always took ages to be processed. just a heads up.

Last edited by TomB; 06-12-2006 at 05:35 AM.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to DaRaceMasta

ive done research and GS has said that they will still supply parts for the GS Avenger Pro kit and kits and python hobbies are one of the suppliers which have said that parts will be abundant so no drama's as well as Hobbyco, did you race this buggy?? what engine&radio did you run? considering the price it is a good buggy for those wanting a pro kit at a cheap price and doesnt want to spend to much at first, im just useing this as a practice buggy just to help with getting my driving skills back like they were and then ill be going fro the ZX-1 Pro buggy www.casterracing.com .

Last edited by DaRaceMasta; 06-12-2006 at 09:54 PM.
DaRaceMasta is offline   Reply With Quote