Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
............WHO'S RACING AT THE 200MM NITRO WORLDS IN SUNNY QUEENSLAND............ >

............WHO'S RACING AT THE 200MM NITRO WORLDS IN SUNNY QUEENSLAND............

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

............WHO'S RACING AT THE 200MM NITRO WORLDS IN SUNNY QUEENSLAND............

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default ............WHO'S RACING AT THE 200MM NITRO WORLDS IN SUNNY QUEENSLAND............

So are we all looking forward to racing in Queensland, low traction high tyre wear, I wonder if they will scrub the track at the end of each days racing, remember that little machine that made an appearance during the pre-worlds, well it's a frequently used machine that calls the Brendale Track Home, permanantly. So dig deep into your pockets and make sure you bring heaps of tyres, because I have a feeling that there could be a tyre shortage, Hope tyre prices aren't like petrol prices, which sky rocket at particular times of the year. Maybe we should all bring some old tyres and cars, and dedicate the first two Practice days to running as much rubber into the track as possible. Oh well, nevermind, by the time the finals comes around there should be some good grip,
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zd8000
So are we all looking forward to racing in Queensland, low traction high tyre wear, I wonder if they will scrub the track at the end of each days racing, remember that little machine that made an appearance during the pre-worlds, well it's a frequently used machine that calls the Brendale Track Home, permanantly. So dig deep into your pockets and make sure you bring heaps of tyres, because I have a feeling that there could be a tyre shortage, Hope tyre prices aren't like petrol prices, which sky rocket at particular times of the year. Maybe we should all bring some old tyres and cars, and dedicate the first two Practice days to running as much rubber into the track as possible. Oh well, nevermind, by the time the finals comes around there should be some good grip,

Hi Anthony,

I'm wondering what the point of your post is if not to only stir the pot, post mis-truths, start rumours and have a go at the host club, who's members came down to Sydney in large numbers to help out when Sydney hosted the World Championships in 2001?

What have we done to deserve your attack and attempt to damage the reputation of an event that is trying to raise the profile of a sport you participate in?

We didn't use the track sweeper at the Pre Worlds and won't be at the worlds.

Considering that there are only 24 spots for Australians I don't think you'll have to worry about tyre wear anyway, will you mate. Anyway at the end of the day if you do snag a possie and feel the facility and surface will be so bad you can always stay at home.

I know that I and most of the other Australians present will appreciate it if you do.

Kind Regards

Alastair
Old 06-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Mate a track is a track, if someone is willing to put one together and allow you to run on it then have fun. Tyre wear comes with R/C cars, deal with it. If you go to the worlds and expect to run the entire event on one set of tyres your dreaming, it's the WORLDS mate, if you want to run expect the associated costs involved.There are PLENTY of aussies out there who will gladly fork out the cash for tyres just to get the chance to have a run against the top guys. If you managed to gain a spot in the aussie team i suggest you give it up to someone who would actually appreciate it.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

so is the answer... "not you"?

as per Alistair's reply, it's a fantastic facility, one that's clearly at world standards, if you dont like it, stay home and shutup.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by quozl
Hi Anthony,

I'm wondering what the point of your post is if not to only stir the pot, post mis-truths, start rumours and have a go at the host club, who's members came down to Sydney in large numbers to help out when Sydney hosted the World Championships in 2001?

What have we done to deserve your attack and attempt to damage the reputation of an event that is trying to raise the profile of a sport you participate in?

We didn't use the track sweeper at the Pre Worlds and won't be at the worlds.

Considering that there are only 24 spots for Australians I don't think you'll have to worry about tyre wear anyway, will you mate. Anyway at the end of the day if you do snag a possie and feel the facility and surface will be so bad you can always stay at home.

I know that I and most of the other Australians present will appreciate it if you do.

Kind Regards

Alastair

Actually Al I have snaged a possie, and no I'm not staying at home, I will be coming up, and yes I am stirring the pot, and whether or not you agree, the grip will be hard to come to grips with, hey nice play on words that one.

Hey Alister don't get upset at my remarks, I'm sure the event will be a great affair, hence the reason I'm looking forward to getting up there, but let's face it the track has been scuffed, and as our track was, the result is less traction for foam tyres. But as I said come the finals, hopefully sooner the grip will hopefully increase, but what a shame that a fairly new surface has been doctered so much and not to the benefit foam tyres.

And why do people, and yourself need to speak on behalf of the Racing Community, if you feel that most of the Australians attending will prefer that I stay home, then I suggest to you that those same people would possibly feel the same way about you, now isn't that a lovely thing to say.

C YA SOON AL PAL.

P.S. Al, many times on these forums you've been at logger heads with me, and then when I come up there to race your all chummy chummy with me, do me a favour if you really feel that you would rather me stay home don't come up to me and act chummy chummy, because I hate putting up a front of being friendly with you when your so two faced.

Last edited by zd8000; 06-09-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

i'm trying to think of a nice way to say "what a fuckin idiot" .... but i can't find the nice subtle way.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaybo
i'm trying to think of a nice way to say "what a fuckin idiot" .... but i can't find the nice subtle way.

I think shit stiring tossa would be fair description.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zd8000
Actually Al I have snaged a possie, and no I'm not staying at home, I will be coming up, and yes I am stirring the pot, and whether or not you agree, the grip will be hard to come to grips with, hey nice play on words that one.

Hey Alister don't get upset at my remarks, I'm sure the event will be a great affair, hence the reason I'm looking forward to getting up there, but let's face it the track has been scuffed, and as our track was, the result is less traction for foam tyres. But as I said come the finals, hopefully sooner the grip will hopefully increase, but what a shame that a fairly new surface has been doctered so much and not to the benefit foam tyres.

And why do people, and yourself need to speak on behalf of the Racing Community, if you feel that most of the Australians attending will prefer that I stay home, then I suggest to you that those same people would possibly feel the same way about you, now isn't that a lovely thing to say.

C YA SOON AL PAL.

P.S. Al, many times on these forums you've ben at logger heads with me, and then when I come up there to race your all chummy chummy with me, do me a favour if you really feel that you would rather me stay home don't come up to me and act chummy chummy, because I hate putting up a front of being friendly with you when your so two faced.
Anthony,

I'm not sure how you think the track has been scuffed or doctored but I can assure you the sweeper is no different than using brooms and a blower on the track to remove the dust. Remember that we have a BMX track next door.
It hasn't and doesn't affect the bitumen in anyway and has rarely been used on the track anyway.

If you are talking about the porus nature of the bitumen it has been like that since it was put down and we chose that stone size as it is the same size we used when we resurfaced the track the second time in the nineties and we found from our records and from consultation with Boral that with that surface compared to finer mixes we have put down we got the longest use out of that surface without having to treat it with traction compound in anyway as it doesn't glass up like finer mixes do.

The current laptimes are as close to what they were with the old surface to be negligable in difference and I'm sure after free and controlled practise end on the Monday of the worlds there will be more than enough grip for qualifying and the finals.

As for being polite or chummy to you when you come up after having heated discussions on these boards, I always thought we were both mature enough to realise that two people can have differences in ideas and different opinions in conversations and still remain friends but if you would prefer I not speak to you when you arrive then that's fine but it will be harder for you to register and get your pass and entry to the facility as you will need to speak to me and answer some questions to be registered for the event.

Kind Regards

Alastair
Old 06-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello again people. Over the last week, i have been quite busy with the show but have made time to take a sneek peak at this forum. The people have spoken, and have said exactly what i have thought for a verrrrrry long time. ZD8000 is the world biggest Wan&%r and easily the most hated person in RC. He is almost as hated in RC as he is in my studio audience. Bert Newton told me he has bad breath, Barry Humphries told me that he is sick of his advances, and the kids are sick of him stealing lolly pops. Anyhow, thats a discussion for another day.

Just before i depart, the boss Eddie sends his best wishes to the organising committe and the Australian competitors attending of the 200mm IFMAR world Championships. He is confident that it will be a largely successful event with or without ZDickhead. Happy days.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by quozl
Anthony,

I'm not sure how you think the track has been scuffed or doctored but I can assure you the sweeper is no different than using brooms and a blower on the track to remove the dust. Remember that we have a BMX track next door.
It hasn't and doesn't affect the bitumen in anyway and has rarely been used on the track anyway.

If you are talking about the porus nature of the bitumen it has been like that since it was put down and we chose that stone size as it is the same size we used when we resurfaced the track the second time in the nineties and we found from our records and from consultation with Boral that with that surface compared to finer mixes we have put down we got the longest use out of that surface without having to treat it with traction compound in anyway as it doesn't glass up like finer mixes do.

The current laptimes are as close to what they were with the old surface to be negligable in difference and I'm sure after free and controlled practise end on the Monday of the worlds there will be more than enough grip for qualifying and the finals.

As for being polite or chummy to you when you come up after having heated discussions on these boards, I always thought we were both mature enough to realise that two people can have differences in ideas and different opinions in conversations and still remain friends but if you would prefer I not speak to you when you arrive then that's fine but it will be harder for you to register and get your pass and entry to the facility as you will need to speak to me and answer some questions to be registered for the event.

Kind Regards

Alastair
Hey Al,

I didn't say I WOULDN'T SPEAK TO YOU, I said I wouldn't pretend to be chummy with you.

Last edited by zd8000; 06-09-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by humphrey
Hello again people. Over the last week, i have been quite busy with the show but have made time to take a sneek peak at this forum. The people have spoken, and have said exactly what i have thought for a verrrrrry long time. ZD8000 is the world biggest Wan&%r and easily the most hated person in RC. He is almost as hated in RC as he is in my studio audience. Bert Newton told me he has bad breath, Barry Humphries told me that he is sick of his advances, and the kids are sick of him stealing lolly pops. Anyhow, thats a discussion for another day.

Just before i depart, the boss Eddie sends his best wishes to the organising committe and the Australian competitors attending of the 200mm IFMAR world Championships. He is confident that it will be a largely successful event with or without ZDickhead. Happy days.
Hey Humphrey,

You still haven't got the courage to state who you are, At least I don't make remarks hiding behind a skirt. You can make all the comments you like, I'm a veteren at coping abuse, I actually enjoy my status, it means I don't need to bullshit about the way I feel, unlike most people who say one thing and and think another, just to be part of a group. So if you don't like what I say, don't read it, but I hope you do, because I look forward to your and everyones response.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

zd8000 grips pretty good when we blow it off for club days. Maybe you should stop blowing yourself off *******.

Last edited by scott_g; 06-08-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Just to clear a few things and not join in the debate. I have been going to all club days to get the most out of the home track advantage before the big race. The tire wear is about the same and seems like track temp has been the biggest factor on traction. Traction is awsome at night time and on the low side from mid day onward. The qualifing results on the last club day do suggest that.

As for tire wear, it is not that much different to the previous surface. When it comes to racing at that level. 90% of the drivers will be doing a set per run anyway. To cut down on rotation mass, most will cut their tires down to just enough to finish a run.

At the end, the club have 2 choice when it comes to new surface. A smooth mix that does not last or a corse mix that last without glazing. Racers can spend more tires on a corse serface or the club has to find money to resurface more often. Much of the same!

Bring it on and have some fun!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

zd8000 grips pretty good when we blow it off for club days. Maybe you should stop blowing yourself off *******.
LOL!

I unfortunately didn't make it, but would have been prepared to spend seeing that it is for a worthy cause (world championships)
Old 06-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default children

Come on now guys this forum will be read by many over seas drivers, so lets keep the crap and leave this forum for the fortunate drivers who are representing their country.Also full speed tc3 are you not a yanker oops sorry pull starter and do you really know ZD mmmm think not really and ZD how about settling down geez how old are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.