CASTLE MM2 enough for 1717 Burst ? >

CASTLE MM2 enough for 1717 Burst ?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nexxus

CASTLE MM2 enough for 1717 Burst ?

Old 07-24-2021, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CASTLE MM2 enough for 1717 Burst ?

Hi GUYS, hope everyone out there is doing great. I have my new Arrma Kraton EXB in a hobbyshop right now, getting a 1717 put in. I gave them an X0-1 to power up the speedy, its locked and wont go. I gave them another Mamba Monster 2, and the Guy from the shop rang me back saying that the Motor seems to Lack punch with the MM2, which I thought was supposed to be an Awesome speedy. He said the Castle is Only 120Amps, and if he puts a Hobbwing Max 6 it will go harder as its 160 Amps. He said he tried it and it seemed to have a touch of lag on initial burst but said when he tried it with the Hobbywing it Burst alot quicker. I thought a mamba 2 would be perfect for this motor, after all the x0-1 is just a Mamba with bigger Caps on it.. Im wondering if Hes trying to sell me a speedy but he seems honest
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? IVE NEVER HAD A 1717 Before but I know they are monstor torque. All I want is CRAZ TORQUE, I dont care about TOP SPEED, I was also thinking what IF I Brought a CASTLE CAP PACK FOR THE MM2 ? Would that be as Good as Having the Higher AMP ESC ?
PLEASE HELP I DONT HAVE MUCH FUNDS LEFT...MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Personally I'd avoid the castle esc's at all costs. Do it once do it properly and save yourself the hassle.

Hobbywing Max 6 is the best choice for these.
DAMO33 likes this.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah thats suprising coz they have always been held highly. Maybe the mm2 is only good enough for the 2200 and not powerful enough for the current thirsty 1717.
I got told a Catle Mamba Monster X 8s is the recommended speedy for the 1717. But they are like $350. Big dollars. I like castle coz i use the castle link. But I want crazy punch.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Castle were never held 'highly' they just had a lot of PR just like Maxamps.

Castle ESC's in my opinion should come packaged with a fire extinguisher.

A quick youtube search for "Mamba fire" or something similar and you will see plenty of failures