1717 at full capacity?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nexxus

1717 at full capacity?

Old 06-09-2021, 05:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1717 at full capacity?

Hi guys I have a castle 1717 that a guy named John Kelly (Rip off prick) put into a mt4 for me. When I got it backed, it was geared at 19/44 and wouldnt even mono let alone flip, It used to flip easy on 20/50 gearing, and i mean easy. Now it takes off slow takes a few seconds for it to kick in and get fast even on 17/44 gearing. Doesnt go close to flipping. Does that seem right to you guys? Its fast but it takes about 5 seconds to get fast.. I wish i could put a video on here, but im just wondering if its damaged and how do you tell if it is?
Any input is greatly appreciated
Old 06-09-2021, 10:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Very risky to call someone a "Rip off prick" without something to back it up. What you are describing could be caused by any number of things, a dry solder joint, a faulty esc or even a poor condition battery.

It sounds like under heavy amp load (from a standing start) it struggles, but under gradual acceleration (less amp load) it's not as bad.

Would help to know what ESC and batteries you are using and what plugs. Also try recalibrating the end points on your esc, balance charge the battery and retry. Look for any excess heat in the motor or any of the connections
DAMO33 likes this.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, he sold me an old 2nd hand castle mamba speedy which died immediately, when i paid for an X01 esc, he didnt give me the body i paid for, he put it in a cheap motor mound and charged me for building one, and the motor was falling off the mount when i got it. Safe to say hes a rip off prick. Anyway, i put a brand new mamba monster esc in it, a new Gens ace 4000mah 65c 6 s battery, very expensive, and yeah, it just basically struggles for a few seconds to build up some speed, but like i said, it used to flip off the spot, and ive seen others in mt4s flipping off the spot, so im just thinking something has to be wrong...
Thanks for your input i appreciate it mate.