R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Drift meet, Sunday 19th march SYDNEY (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/106040-drift-meet-sunday-19th-march-sydney.html)

viet_mafia 03-15-2006 06:43 PM

Drift meet, Sunday 19th march SYDNEY

Hey guys, there is going to be a drift meet this Sunday the 19th March at Yanderra Park if anyone is insterested. It's more along the lines of a get-together bash/drift meet. Starts at 12pm till whenever, Yanderra Park is right behind Bankstown Airport so it should be easy to find. If you cant find it go to THIS SITE and you can get directions.

We're hoping to make this a more regular thing and when there are enough regulars move up to making the meets into drifting competitions and try and get sponsorship with prizes etc.

If anyone has a temp. track or track layouts with markers etc. feel free to bring them along :p

PM me your email and I will add you on msn if you want to discuss anything more about it.

PS. Try and get AMPAP (As Many People As Possible :D ) to come along. The place is HUGE, it has something along the lines of 10-20 connected netball courts so its just a huge flat asphalt field. ;)

black-knight 03-15-2006 09:23 PM

Im sure Bradd Vercoe will turn up, he has quite alot of Drift Cars in is collection. Bradd is a huge fan of the DDDDDDrift.

danjoy25 03-15-2006 09:25 PM

Meca is on this Sunday. Let me know when the next one is on.

Besercoe 03-15-2006 09:34 PM

My race cars have a tendancy to drift quite a lot while racing. But i still cant understand why people intentionally try to drift :confused:

Doomah 03-15-2006 10:20 PM

drift is awesome, please take some vidoes if you can. :nod:

viet_mafia 03-15-2006 11:21 PM

well the next one will be the sunday after this one.....we'll try and make it every Sunday so it's a regular thing, that way everyone can know its on at a certain time every week and be easier to plan for. So you have notice that the next one is next Sunday, BE THERE! ;)

viet_mafia 03-16-2006 11:33 PM

OK dudes the park's ACTUAL name is "Deverall Park" on the corner of Yanderra Street and Fourth Street in Condell Park. Here is a map of the place, the top map is zoomed in and the bottom is the overview of the entire area:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rallpark-1.gif

Corey The Great 03-17-2006 04:49 AM

Guys hate to be a downer but I hope you have insurance as that if someone get hurt you be responsible

viet_mafia 03-17-2006 04:52 AM

so nowadays you need insurance to meet up with some guys and do a little rc drifting? riiight..... :rolleyes:

noobie 03-17-2006 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Corey The Great
Guys hate to be a downer but I hope you have insurance as that if someone get hurt you be responsible

NOT

Corey The Great 03-17-2006 01:44 PM

As this is a public forum you guys will be considered to be the organiser of this event so therefore you guys have to cover liability of the event

viet_mafia 03-17-2006 01:57 PM

mate its not an EVENT, its a get together. Do people have to get insurance to go out? I don't think so. I'm not a veteran of this forum and even I have heard of the infamous "Corey the Great"......you don't have a very good reputation :ha:

Corey The Great 03-17-2006 02:46 PM

Mate Im just telling you so that you don't have the unfortunate luck of getting caught out, If you don't want to take some advice than fine, I hope you get your fingers burnt. This is a public forum so once its been published on this forum it becomes a event.

The reason why I know this is because the same thing happened to me when I organised a get together at my local netball courts.

So if you don't want to take the advice fine but don't say nobody told you.

Reputation has nothing to do with this Im just trying to save your arse

noobie 03-17-2006 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Corey The Great
Mate Im just telling you so that you don't have the unfortunate luck of getting caught out, If you don't want to take some advice than fine, I hope you get your fingers burnt.

well thanks mate. thats a nice comment....

i hope you dont die, but i hope you do, so i don't have to read your ritious shit on this forum anymore.

A_Stevens 03-17-2006 10:40 PM

Hmmm racing or drifting... Is there any real choice? :D
I'm a drifting NOOB so I've only got taped up wheels and locked front and rear diffs. Is that ok?