Drift meet, Sunday 19th march SYDNEY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drift meet, Sunday 19th march SYDNEY

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

its just a plain old bashing session but we'll setup a track where you can drift if you want to.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by viet_mafia
its just a plain old bashing session but we'll setup a track where you can drift if you want to.

for there to be a problem, someone has to want to sue, if they do get injured. i don't think a judge would bother with a case like this, it's obvious that it's just a get together. the law is black and white in most cases, but usually judges use common sense in interpreting it as well. or else if they pass a guilty verdict on a situation like corey is saying it sets a stupid precident which then lawyers can use to sue just about anyone who says "hey wanna get together?" in a public forum

technically if a pizza delivery man injures himself bringing you your pizza in the confines of your property he can legally sue you as well common sense has to sometimes come into the equation as well.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A judge using common sence to decide a case, that is the stupidist thing I have ever heard. They use a little tool called the law
Old 03-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

I cant believe I am actually backing up the infamous Coco/Cory but he is right. If you are just having a get together no problems. But if you organise sponsorships & prizes as stated in the first post (as a future possibility) then you will need public liability insurance.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Just a word of advice, who ever sets out the track is the person the council will chase and sue if by some misfortune a spectator or participant gets injured, the laws are very plain and simple and unfortunately have nothing to do with a judges common sense. You do need insurance and basically the insurance is to cover the council for indemnity. So if you do go ahead with advertising a get together or bash or whatever you want to call it, I would advise that you ring the council or council ranger and find out if you are able to use public land, and you will find that you can't. Councils have become very strict with events on public land. You actually can't run a radio controlled object on recreational land. It's against the law, unless you have a designated closed of area, and all your insurances are in place.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Stevens
Hmmm racing or drifting... Is there any real choice?
I'm a drifting NOOB so I've only got taped up wheels and locked front and rear diffs. Is that ok?
Try a one-way in the front, it will turn in hard and help get those big drifts going
Old 03-18-2006, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by soc123_au
A judge using common sence to decide a case, that is the stupidist thing I have ever heard. They use a little tool called the law
Hey Soc, hope you've put your entry in for Easter>
Old 03-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zd8000
Hey Soc, hope you've put your entry in for Easter>
I will post it this week. The 960 is half built, cant wait to give it a run
Old 03-18-2006, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by soc123_au
I will post it this week. The 960 is half built, cant wait to give it a run
You Should try to get out there tommorow, last 1/8th race day befor the Titles.