Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Anyone got any idea when the new spektrum will arrive in Aus? >

Anyone got any idea when the new spektrum will arrive in Aus?

Anyone got any idea when the new spektrum will arrive in Aus?

Old 03-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Anyone got any idea when the new spektrum will arrive in Aus?

I have just got a new radio and was about to buy a spektrum module and reciever only to find that there is a new pro series spektrum about to be released. I rang a few hobby shops today and none of them were able to give me any date when they might be able to get them and none of them really were interested in ringing the importer or anything to see when they would be available.
Anyone know where i can get one for a Helios? Im hoping to have within a month at the latest for the NSW state titles.

Last edited by PRospeked; 03-13-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

http://h1071118.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...p?prod=SPM1013

not much difference to the old version habib. if you didn't notice any speed difference with the old one, the new one isn't going to "feel" any better.

it doesn't look smaller either. has a nice colour though.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Call Model Flight in Adelaide on 08 8293 3674, they're the Importers for Spektrum.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

interesting. do i want to get the new spektrum for a couple more ms response time? haha. my early model spektrum still works faultlessly. It even has the 'antenna over the top of the pcb' in the receiver, no issues, at all.

I wonder if the telemetry stuff is any good?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New motor instead

Save your money or put it towards a fast motor instead Chris.
Thats what I would do.

Snowy
Old 03-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snowy
Save your money or put it towards a fast motor instead Chris.
Thats what I would do.

Snowy
I already have a new .21 motor! What i dont have is any module or reciever for my radio so i sort of need that to make the car work.

I rang a few more places today and also rang the importer. The response from the importer was as far as they knew no such thing existed, once i insisted it does exist and asked if they could find out when it would be in Aus they said it would be a few weeks before they knew when they were getting it let alone actually been able to put an order in. Time and time again when i try to use local hobby shops and importers they seem to just shoot themselves in the foot making it very hard to not shop OS.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

I wouldn't worry too much about saving 3ms with the new Vs old systems.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PRospeked
I already have a new .21 motor! What i dont have is any module or reciever for my radio so i sort of need that to make the car work.

I rang a few more places today and also rang the importer. The response from the importer was as far as they knew no such thing existed, once i insisted it does exist and asked if they could find out when it would be in Aus they said it would be a few weeks before they knew when they were getting it let alone actually been able to put an order in. Time and time again when i try to use local hobby shops and importers they seem to just shoot themselves in the foot making it very hard to not shop OS.
I dont have any affiliation with O'reilly's but a point ot consider is that they have been in Sydney for the toy fair for the last week or two. It finished last night so i would assume they are still travelling.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

The new spektrum systems will be available from O'Reilly Model Products in early April.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I got to admit, my regular spektrum (ko) system is great. I've never had a problem (and it's an early model which others have experienced issues with)... it's never shut down, i run it on carpet, in the dirt, on the asphalt.. I've trimmed the receiver antenna down to 3.6" (which hasnt shortened the range, it still goes as far as I can see it)

what's mine? 5.x ms response time? I dont think I'm fast enough to notice a 2ms improvement... hrmmmm

coz I'm a sucker I'll probably get the new one anyway. I'd hate to get the new model and find it has gremlins

when the new model does finally arrive, might see some good deals pop up on the older models!