Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help please! advice wanted! Want to buy a truggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help please! advice wanted! Want to buy a truggy

Hi, Ive been absent for the forums but want to go back to racing actively again, Im shopping around for a truggy 1/8 electric

1) Does anyone race with the Arrma Kraton RTRs|
2) Im not looking to spend too much, I know there are brands like Mugen Seiki,etc, but are parts for Serpent or Team Associated or Tekno which seem cheaper, easily to acquire locally in Australia?do you recommend any of these, like I prefer value for money and ease of acquistion of parts, I already have a Losi Buggy and would like an alternative brand,
3) Does Traxxas have any race Truggies?
Old 07-31-2019, 12:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Electric truggy is probably the smallest of the 1/8th categories, So I'd check with your local club if they'll let you in. I currently run a Hobao SS elec. truggy with my club as we just have a class for all 1/8th's in the one race. It's a great car but I wouldn't recommend as parts support is mostly non-existent in Oz for it.
You can race anything if you want, Unless the car is a complete dog, It will usually come down to you, At least at club level, So a Kraton would be fine and part support for Arrma is alright in Oz. The main brands carried here seem very much based on where you are in the country. I'm in NSW and see a lot of XRAY and Team Associated. Traxxas is the one brand you will see everywhere but I don't think anyone will call a E-Revo a race vehicle