Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Indoor off-road racing in Sydney??? >

Indoor off-road racing in Sydney???

Indoor off-road racing in Sydney???

Old 01-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Indoor off-road racing in Sydney???

Why is there nowhere to do 1/10 scale off road indoors in Sydney? It's huge over in the states, with clay and now high grip carpet getting even more popular. I would love to see a track open up here, as the last one I knew of was RC Arena which closed down. Just makes sense, you can race rain,hail or shine. Surely one of these hobby shops could rent out a bigger premises and run the shop and track.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro2wd
Why is there nowhere to do 1/10 scale off road indoors in Sydney? It's huge over in the states, with clay and now high grip carpet getting even more popular. I would love to see a track open up here, as the last one I knew of was RC Arena which closed down. Just makes sense, you can race rain,hail or shine. Surely one of these hobby shops could rent out a bigger premises and run the shop and track.
It's not economically viable over the long term. The main reasons being the racer population is not large enough to sustain multi-day a week racing, and property prices in Sydney (and thus rents) are very high compared to places in the States.

The only sustainable model for Indoor racing in Sydney would be a roll-out track.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

For the reasons mentioned i doubt we will see one again any time soon. I too would love one but the cost to run wouldnt be feasible.

I cant see anything wrong with the RC Arena model (good price, good location).if that didnt work not sure what else would.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maraach
For the reasons mentioned i doubt we will see one again any time soon. I too would love one but the cost to run wouldnt be feasible.

I cant see anything wrong with the RC Arena model (good price, good location).if that didnt work not sure what else would.
Arena didn't work due to the incorrect carpet chosen IMO.
However, ultimately i understood it closed as the site was being redeveloped.