Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya Truck Racing Australia

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TLRMAN
perhaps a higher entry fee to cover the cost of the tickets for the winners, I still think this could be achieved if done this way, if there is no interest from Southern Model Supplies then clearly they aren't interested in making money, and there support is not needed anyway to make this event happen
if there were 150 entrants at $100 entry (given the prize not a lot of money really) = $15000 surely enough to cover the club running it making some coin and sorting out a few tickets imo.
Southern Model Supplies makes money off selling to non-racers. The previous distributor decided it wasn't worth the effort as hosting TCS wasn't profitable enough.

So the club buys some tickets. Then what? Without a relationship with the Tamiya distributors, you don't get any spots allocated to you in the TCS Japan events. There's probably naming rights, Tamiya may take issue with you using their trademark by calling it TCS if it's not officially run through Tamiya channels.

If you think it's easier than that, you're welcome to volunteer to try running it.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Southern Model Supplies makes money off selling to non-racers. The previous distributor decided it wasn't worth the effort as hosting TCS wasn't profitable enough.

So the club buys some tickets. Then what? Without a relationship with the Tamiya distributors, you don't get any spots allocated to you in the TCS Japan events. There's probably naming rights, Tamiya may take issue with you using their trademark by calling it TCS if it's not officially run through Tamiya channels.

If you think it's easier than that, you're welcome to volunteer to try running it.
I don't run a club, I don't have the equipment to do so nor do i have the time. I never said it would be easy, Just a comment/suggestion or even a THOUGHT. It may not have been run here for years now but it's not impossible, this post as well as the last was by no means an indication it was easy or even an offer to volunteer so not sure where you are headed with making a claim i have indicated its easy and i should volunteer.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

I don't run a club, I don't have the equipment to do so nor do i have the time. I never said it would be easy, Just a comment/suggestion or even a THOUGHT. It may not have been run here for years now but it's not impossible, this post as well as the last was by no means an indication it was easy or even an offer to volunteer so not sure where you are headed with making a claim i have indicated its easy and i should volunteer.
Apologies if my comment came across as aggressive as it seems to have. I was just trying to point out that we do actually need distributor support to run TCS. We already try to run the mini class with some TCS-inspired rules, but we can't provide all the benefits of a proper TCS series, especially the trip prize. Also, regarding the back-of-the-envelope calculations you did regarding costs. Getting 150 entrants for a specific class is unheard of, and if that's split over multiple classes, there would need to be multiple trip prizes. 15k wouldn't go far towards that, as well as covering the various large event costs such as hiring security, generators, liability insurance etc.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Apologies if my comment came across as aggressive as it seems to have. I was just trying to point out that we do actually need distributor support to run TCS. We already try to run the mini class with some TCS-inspired rules, but we can't provide all the benefits of a proper TCS series, especially the trip prize. Also, regarding the back-of-the-envelope calculations you did regarding costs. Getting 150 entrants for a specific class is unheard of, and if that's split over multiple classes, there would need to be multiple trip prizes. 15k wouldn't go far towards that, as well as covering the various large event costs such as hiring security, generators, liability insurance etc.
All good no drama, the calculation was an easy estimate/calculation, however back in the day if my memory serves me right the entries would have been very close to that given that you could double enter classes and if you made the A final in more than one class you had to pick which class you wanted to run and pull out of the other class so that number would have included 1 person with 2 x entries. Without looking into it maybe 4 classes run with a higher than average entry fee could be possible to cover, but sadly i doubt it will happen, someone from Castle hill on road please chime in and say im wrong
Old 02-27-2018, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default TCS

All good no drama, the calculation was an easy estimate/calculation, however back in the day if my memory serves me right the entries would have been very close to that given that you could double enter classes and if you made the A final in more than one class you had to pick which class you wanted to run and pull out of the other class so that number would have included 1 person with 2 x entries. Without looking into it maybe 4 classes run with a higher than average entry fee could be possible to cover, but sadly i doubt it will happen, someone from Castle hill on road please chime in and say im wrong
The only man that give you the answers your seeking is Trevor Johnston,who used to run Castle Hill,but has now retired from running the club.
Unfortunately I very much doubt you would get anyone wanting to pay an entry fee like what's been suggested, for a "chance" of going OS,and you only have to look at the numbers that are attending events currently, to see that getting something like 150+ to an event that's Tamiya only,will unfortunately only ever be a fantasy.
TCS was great when it happened here in Australia,but I very much doubt it will ever happen again, another piece if R/C history.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Back to racing Any ideas on how to stop the bounce. I watched part of a heat from QLD ep tittles and they appear to sit flat in the corners unlike mine.
any suggestions.

ta
Old 04-24-2018, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Iain T
Back to racing Any ideas on how to stop the bounce. I watched part of a heat from QLD ep tittles and they appear to sit flat in the corners unlike mine.
any suggestions.

ta

My Young bloke qualified 2nd in the QLD Title event. I stopped 95% of the body bounce by making the 4 top body pins 1 hole higher. This seems to allow the chassis to follow the road and the body just seems to float. All the bouncy ones i saw, on the scrutineers table, all had the body pins tight. try it and see. Hope this helps. Go the England Park Raceway Facebook page, go to videos, find the april 15 race meet and slide the bar across to the 36th minute and watch the whole TRUCK feature race.

Cheers Brendan

Last edited by rcmechdad50; 04-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

So I just leave the lower pins and do the upper pins one hole higher.? Let it float.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

So I just leave the lower pins and do the upper pins one hole higher.? Let it float.

Thats it

cheers Brendan
Old 04-28-2018, 01:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've heard the Walter RC/ Serpent Australia guy mention he is bringing Tamiya truck racing to Sydney!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmechdad50

Thats it

cheers Brendan
It works.
Thanks for the heads up

IT
Old 05-08-2018, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

It works.
Thanks for the heads up

IT
Great news. Pleased I could help out

Cheers Brendan
Old 05-09-2018, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can find a Tamiya Truck in Australia?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a new unused kit that is built with a Plaig bearing kit and comes with a new unused Team Zombie tamiya style lipo, looking for $250 + post from Old, PM me if you're interested
Old 05-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwi_tim
I have a new unused kit that is built with a Plaig bearing kit and comes with a new unused Team Zombie tamiya style lipo, looking for $250 + post from Old, PM me if you're interested
Sent you a PM mate. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.