Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2017 Bendigo Classic incorporating a Mini Reunion October 13th-15th >

2017 Bendigo Classic incorporating a Mini Reunion October 13th-15th

Like Tree29Likes

2017 Bendigo Classic incorporating a Mini Reunion October 13th-15th

Old 07-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2017 Hearns Hobbies Bendigo Classic incorporating a Mini Reunion October 13th-15th

Hey Guys,

Welcome to the 2017 Bendigo Classic, page, in 2017 the club will host the 11th running of this event on October 13th,14th and 15th, adding to the excitement will be an inaugural Mini re union to be ran in conjunction with the Classic.

The club proudly announces this years event will be ran on a new improved layout and surface which promises both fast, free flowing and challenging. Works scheduled to commence in the next couple of weeks.

In 2017 the club will cap classes to cater for the Mini reunion, given this it will be imperative that you get your entry in as soon as possible, to make this easier for you guys the cub will be offering PayPal and Online entry. Entries will be open by the end of the month.

This years Touring car tyres will be Rush 36

Mini Wheels/Tires will be any commercially available 55mm OD rubber mini-sized tire, in any combination and/or compound, with any insert, and standard offset mini-sized wheels.

The event will be ran over 2 days with 5 Qualifiers and 3 finals for all classes. With Friday being ran as controlled Practise (numbers warranted)

There will be a planned meal for Saturday night the 15th at a venue TBA, in which everyone will be invited to, tick box available on entry form.

2017 Classes are -
  • Mini
  • 4wd Mini
  • VTA
  • Junior Sportsman
  • Modified

As previously mentioned classes will be capped, plenty of time will be given to Enter and arrange accommodation for this event.

Following the opening of entries and entry list will be created and updated daily.

Any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Look forward to seeing you here.

BORRCCC Committee
WG, Scotty G and G4ZZ4 like this.

Last edited by B.O.R.R.C.C.C; 08-17-2017 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Dates
Old 07-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After asking earlier and expecting it to be on the 3rd weekend have made plans for the 2nd so will not be able to make it down this year. Hope all have fun and all goes well.

Regards
Noel
Old 07-03-2017, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Richards Racing View Post
After asking earlier and expecting it to be on the 3rd weekend have made plans for the 2nd so will not be able to make it down this year. Hope all have fun and all goes well.

Regards
Noel
Hi Noel,

It is the 3rd weekend ?

Sunday October 1st - 1st Weekend
Sunday October 8th - 2nd Weekend
Sunday October 15th - 3rd Weekend

Apologies for any confusion .
Old 07-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just a quick note - 4WD Mini can run 60mm tires if you wish. Its only FWD Mini that's restricted to 55mm
Old 07-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

I can't wait!
Old 07-04-2017, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B.O.R.R.C.C.C View Post
Hi Noel,

It is the 3rd weekend ?

Sunday October 1st - 1st Weekend
Sunday October 8th - 2nd Weekend
Sunday October 15th - 3rd Weekend

Apologies for any confusion .
To me seen as Sunday is the 1st to me I didn't take that as a full weekend, and I did see a calendar several months ago when I asked so I could change accommodation dates it was on the following. Anyway such is life looks like it will be in 2018 next time I hopefully can make it.

Noel

Know I have a real delamar wife has said as long as I find someone to go too Lionel Ritchie with her I can come down. Big question what is my life worth.

Last edited by Richards Racing; 07-04-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can not wait!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys I'm looking forward to this event as this will be my first classic and the first time I will try my hand at VTA , can someone help me with the rules for VTA ? I will need to know what the min weight is for the car and how many sets of tyres I can bring for the event , cheers
Old 07-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BPR Racing View Post
Hi guys I'm looking forward to this event as this will be my first classic and the first time I will try my hand at VTA , can someone help me with the rules for VTA ? I will need to know what the min weight is for the car and how many sets of tyres I can bring for the event , cheers
Good Morning,

A full set of rules will be available with a link via the entry form available by the end of the month ( I just tried to find them whilst at work and couldn't ) But will ensure they are available when I find them

As for Tyres in the past there hasn't been a limit on Tyres although I believe you will only need 1 or 2 sets Max' ?

Hope this helps somewhat ?

Cheers
Old 07-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks that does help I will keep an eye out for the entry form cheers , one other quick question regarding the new proline VTA tyres , if they are available before the event will they be legal or does this create problems regarding the performance between the HPI tyres and the new PL tyres being the release date is so close to the event ,
Old 07-13-2017, 02:01 AM
WG
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Thanks that does help I will keep an eye out for the entry form cheers , one other quick question regarding the new proline VTA tyres , if they are available before the event will they be legal or does this create problems regarding the performance between the HPI tyres and the new PL tyres being the release date is so close to the event ,
The committee still needs to discuss this but we will get back to you asap
Old 07-14-2017, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

I think you can pretty much guarantee that it will be HPI tyres only.You can't allow a new tyre to be used when not everyone will necessarily have access to it.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
I think you can pretty much guarantee that it will be HPI tyres only.You can't allow a new tyre to be used when not everyone will necessarily have access to it.
Tony biggest problem will be supply, I know Ren had all his stock by people in the US as they can't get them. So for class to run might have no choice but to run a mix. I will be in Newie tomorrow racing so will ask a guy who works at Frontline what he knows about the supply.

Noel
Old 07-20-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hi All,

As there has been talk about the VTA HPI tyres and the Pro-line VTA tyres .

The only Tyre allowed at the Bendigo Classic is the HPI and this is because the new pro-line VTA Tyre has not been released yet and don't know when and the Hpi is still available and Renato at RAB has them in stock and I am sure that Hearns hobbies and if you ask around there is plenty .

Thank you Mr Gray for that and as tony has said it will be only HPI VTA Tyres and rims allowed just like at the AOC in Canberra.

If you have any problems do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers
Theodore Theodorou
(P.R. Officer Manager )
Old 07-20-2017, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Default VTA Tires

Spoke to a guy who works at Frontline about the tires for VTA, he told me they have a good supply of rear tires and rims and are expecting front tires in at the end of this month.

Regards
Noel
G4ZZ4 likes this.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service