Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov >

2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov

Like Tree33Likes

2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov

Old 08-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 4wd Challenge

Hey dudes

Ok, I'm putting out the challenge. The challenge is to put together the most diverse/rare 4wd stock heat we possibly can, I'm planning on having a Tomy Intruder running for the race and I was thinking how cool would it be to get these rare/fringe buggies all out there for a race. So buggies like (but not limited to) Nikko brats & dandy dash/ AYK boost etc / mini mustangs / Hirobo anything / Nichimo anything.

If Mallos can make it this year then we're sure to get something rare, hopefully more of his AYK beauties. I know Jason has some (most??) of these buggies kicking around, theres a few Nikkos around the place that i know of and i do recall talk of someone having a mini mustang and talking about the possibility of using the 2 speed transmission (which is encouraged by vintage central)

So the idea is we'll put all these rarities into one heat, get a few nice pics of them together before racing and hopefully get some footage of them being put through their paces

So there you have it, about 3 months to go til the greatest RC event of the year, i hope everyone has been planning all the prep they will begin the night before the race (thats the only way to do it )

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got my Clodbuster ready for the monster truck class

AussieTopForce likes this.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

It looks brand new Gavin. Excellent job.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Getting ready for Rally - This will be the best class for fun.
Attached Thumbnails 2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov-a__03ed.jpg   2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov-a__e97b.jpg  
Old 09-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

these are looking great guys!! Hopefully we can get more pics of what people are running up here soon

I'll have online entries up next week, it'll just be pay on the day so no harm in getting the entries in nice and early, so i can get the trophies organised

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wheel Nut
It looks brand new Gavin. Excellent job.
Yeah, its a re-release Clodbuster, but i have put a Jconcepts shell on it as i dont want to wreck the hard body that came with it.
I also have an engine sound system installed in it as well.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

After getting through the weekend of the NSW state titles, its nice to be back in vintage mode again so i'm happy to let you know that online entries are open guys, head to alycat.com/oed to enter

Theres an event listed for the 4wd day and another for the 2wd day

Get your entries in nice and early, its pay on the day anyway but classes with less than 5 in them will have to be combined/cancelled as i need to order trophies in early October

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Online entries fixed

Sorry guys, Hotshot has been added to the 4wd day schedule and 4wd day is now set for the 26th of November. Cheers to the people who gave me the heads up

Lets start to see your buggies posted in here and/or on facebook that will be run at the festival

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

at this stage im not sure im going to make either day of the festival unfortunately, but if the planets align somehow and I get there, is a WR-02 chassis considered 'vintage' for monster truck class ?

Cam
Old 09-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm afraid not as it's neither vintage nor a MT. Check the rules on page 1 for eligibility of anything else you might like to run

Originally Posted by vikingen
at this stage im not sure im going to make either day of the festival unfortunately, but if the planets align somehow and I get there, is a WR-02 chassis considered 'vintage' for monster truck class ?

Cam
Old 09-12-2017, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

all good.. had no idea how old or MT it was. might have something else vintage in the man cave, not sure
Old 09-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

No dramas. The WR02's came out around 1999 I think so are too modern really. The cutoff date is end of 1991 as per the vintage buggy class
Old 09-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

hey dudes

At vintage central we've been having a look at the track and options both for the race-spec cars and the rally/non-race spec ones in terms of layout on the track and options for avoiding the larger obstacles on the track

To that end we've devised a couple of extremely rough depictions of the cut outs that will be sorted for the festival.

In short, all classes will bypass the large jump area by basically running on the grass parallel to the jumps, and the non-race spec classes will also cut through the track after the esses and bypass the second set of moguls and the step-downs also.

We feel that this still gives racers the best opportunity to run on most of the track while being able to preserve the old buggies, also we get to do some grass running which is pretty vintage in itself

I've attached a couple of rough drawings of the planned cut outs, i'll be down at the track soon to do some measuring to make sure it all works but suffice to say, we're keen to ensure that the track takes it as easy on the cars as possible

When i refer to non-race spec buggies, this includes plastic fantastic, hotshot, misfits, rally, monster truck, pipe frame. Purist could potentially go either way, we'll happy take a vote on the morning of racing to decide that
Attached Thumbnails 2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov-race-spec-classes.jpg   2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov-rally-other-non-race-spec-classes.jpg  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

31 entries in already!! Keep them coming guys! make sure the class you want to run in doesnt miss out because you didnt get the entry in!
Old 09-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Also if anyone is after control motors, Rob Smith will have them available at all club meetings between now and the festival and of course they can be bought during the festival weekend

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.