Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov >

2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

2017 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 25 & 26 Nov

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Cheers for the feedback guys. i've had some good chats behind the scenes with some people and also looking at what is posted in here so we'll go with the following with a view to reviewing for 2018

Classic class Motor: will remain sport tuned for this year however we will be testing a few different motors that are faster and a bit tougher for 2018 so dont go stockpiling sport tuned motors. The two on the top of our list so far are the 20t stinger from traxxas and the 15t HPI firebolt motor. We're happy to hear of other options but to keep it simple and to allow all buggies to be geared correctly, a fixed timing/sealed can motor that is relatively cheap to buy and is robust are the criteria we are focusing on. The aim is to differentiate the Classic class in terms of speed from the 540 class, but still promote close racing and have the cars still be controllable.

Mod motor: we will leave open in terms of motor for this year. We're happy to hear ideas on this for 2018. I'll add that if i were running in mod this year (which may very well happen) i think the biggest motor i would put in my car would be a 13.5t anyway and i dont think i would be at a disadvantage against bigger motors, a 13.5 is much easier to drive. I've had some good suggestions about maybe even 17.5 as the motor limit in the future. At the Vonats in USA they run 17.5 in 2wd and 13.5 in 4wd and its been pointed out to me that with the advent of the control 17.5 motor coming in for sanctioned events this year and for club series next year, theres set to be an abundance of motors in the for sale thread. Food for thought anyway.

Mod Class: will include Vintage and Classic buggies in 2017 and will simply be referred to as 2wd or 4wd modified. I've discussed this with a fair few people. Overwhelmingly there has been a positive response with drivers either having 2 classic buggies they wish to run or are looking to run a hotter motor in their classic buggy

I'll update the first post and the guidelines accordingly

Cheers

Mikey
AussieTopForce and flustorm like this.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If we go 17.7t, why not use the same control motor as states and club series as as a nice leveller?

BTW - like the changes for 2017, especially for mod. I'll be back in there while still running stock and classic
Old 05-05-2017, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally i think leave mod class as an open motor class.
Leave stock as a control motor class.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mikey

Can you please tell me if we will be using the track clockwise or anti clockwise?

I want to align all the decals & race number on the bonnet of my bodies so it's the right way when viewed from the drivers stand....................I'm sure a lot of others would like to know this as well.

Rizzo
ajford, cleatus and flustorm like this.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jak Rizzo
Mikey

Can you please tell me if we will be using the track clockwise or anti clockwise?

I want to align all the decals & race number on the bonnet of my bodies so it's the right way when viewed from the drivers stand....................I'm sure a lot of others would like to know this as well.

Rizzo
Clockwise mate.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jak Rizzo
Mikey

Rizzo
I'm glad you brought this up Jak and you're right, i've had a few pm's about this very issue

As Gav said, the track will be run in a clockwise direction

Hopefully this helps anyone else who was wondering the same thing

Cheers

Mikey
Old 05-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Great news guys, i've been in touch with Hobbyking. They're back in for 2017 and we should be able to use the Hobbyking gazebos again which have become a festival favourite, so there will be undercover pit space for interstate drivers. As usual we will have tables and chairs available for drivers flying in.

As always, the Castle Hill club and Vintage Festival central thank Hobbyking for their continued support of our event. Look for some announcements closer to the race date, there's potential for some great prizes to be on offer for the raffle

Cheers

Mikey

PS dont forget if you want to stretch the legs of your vintage runners, the 4th of June Castle Hill has a normal club meeting and we'll have a vintage class on the day
xrayracer1 likes this.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Certainly looking forward to the 4th.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Entries are open on the alycat online system for this sunday's club meeting at castle hill

4 entries already

http://alycat.com/AlycatRC/OnlineEnt...ectMeeting.php

Cheers

Mikey
Old 06-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Guys, just a quick plug for the St Ives crew who are hosting a vintage race on the 6th of August. Check the thread link below. Looks like a great simple format combining vintage and classic cars with separate 2wd and 4wd classes with 2 motor classes to chose from (540 or open)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...st-2017-a.html

Also keep an eye out for the Bathurst guys who let me know they're looking to host a vintage event too with an enduro as a part of it (Bathurst.....enduro....gold). It's great to see other clubs getting into the spirit of vintage racing and adding to the variety of events!

Cheers

Mikey
Old 06-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just checking, the Losi XXX generation cars are to new for Vintage or classic?
Old 06-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nerdling
Just checking, the Losi XXX generation cars are to new for Vintage or classic?
Correct, too new for either. Losi XX 2wd is the last of the Losi's that fit in.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Correct, too new for either. Losi XX 2wd is the last of the Losi's that fit in.
No worries. What about a Bosscat?
Old 07-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nerdling
No worries. What about a Bosscat?
Yeah definitely you can race a bosscat, check out the eligible buggy list attached to the first post to check buggies/classes

Cheers

Mikey
Old 08-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Announcement!! Date change to 25th-26th November

Hi guys

I sincerely hope this doesn't affect anyones plans or if people have made bookings etc but an unforeseen event has meant we've had to move the festival by 2 weeks

I've asked around with a fair few of the guys, the club and checked for any major events and school holidays and the 25th-26th of November seems to avoid all of those potential clashes, it does also provide about a month break after the off road nationals being held in Maitland this year

I'll get the thread name update and apologies if this causes any inconvenience for anyone but hopefully 3 months notice is enough.

Cheers

Mikey

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.