Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct >

2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct

Hello all Vintage RC car enthusiasts!! The Castle Hill Off Road committee is proud to announce that it will be hosting the 2016 Vintage Festival on October 29 and 30.

This year as with last we have been listening to feedback the overwhelming response is don’t change anything except please give us pipe frame as a separate class, which is what we’ve done. As with all classes, a minimum of 5 entrants will be needed. Changes / news below

Misfits: The big news is the original optima has been rereleased!! Rear motor 4wd! The Optima is eligible for misfits but the car must be totally stock with springs, oils, wheels, tyres being open.

This year I’ve changed the format of the thread so it’s not such a massive read. Attached to the opening post is the Vintage Festival guidelines which should help you work out where your car can fit in and which motors etc can be used. If the answers aren’t in the guideline please send me a pm or ask in here and someone will know

As usual I’ve also attached the eligible buggy/truck lists. Again if there’s a buggy you have and you feel it should be on the list, please get in touch and if its eligible, we’ll add it.

We always mention that if you have multiple cars eligible for a class, please feel free to run them all during the day, if you have 6 x 2wd vintage cars setup, run a different one each race! And if you have too many vintage cars to run, put a sport tuned motor in one and run it in classic

Entry fees will be $20 for the 1st class, $15 for the second and $10 per additional class after that, you can enter up to 3 classes per day. If you bring your kids (16 and under), they're just $10 per class

Handout 540s are available for $15 per motor. Please order your motors when you enter the event. Thanks to Ari at Northern Beaches Hobby Centre and Hobby Express for arranging the supply

The BBQ will be running for lunch as per usual and cold drinks will be available all day

Drivers meeting 730am

******Racing will START at 8am SHARP on BOTH days******

The events to be held on Saturday are:
• 2wd Vintage Stock
• 2wd Vintage Open
• Stadium Truck
• 2wd Classic
• 2wd Purist Stock
• Plastic fantastic

The events to be held on Sunday are:
• 4wd Stock Vintage
• 4wd Open Vintage
• 4wd Classic
• 4wd Misfits
• Pipe Frame
• Hotshot

We will be having approximately 4 minutes between each race – as there are lots of us running multiple classes

MVP - On Sunday afternoon we will present the trophy for MVP (Most Vintage Pride). This will be an entirely subjective award which will come down to biggest effort for the weekend so it will encompass thing such as (but not limited to) display vehicles/arrangement, attire, attitude, competing in the spirit of the event, tallest stories about the good old days, rarity of vehicles raced etc. Being No.1 on the track won't make you the MVP. Being No.1 in the pits will! Wiggy took it out in 2013, Stephen James in 2014, Pete Wagner in 2015, who will be our MVP in 2016?

The festival has been growing with each year. We love seeing the variety of cars being raced and put on display. If you’ve never entered a festival before, give it a go!! There’s a friendly atmosphere and everyone is happy for others to check out their cars and have a chat and it isn’t a race for sheep stations on the track with plenty of fun classes in the mix allowing you to run the beginner based models such as the Frog or Hotshot against similar style cars. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or send me a pm, we’re only too happy to help and offer advice/assistance

Cheers and we look forward to seeing you all there!!

Mikey and the Castle Hill Off Road Committee

***Edit***

Online entries are open, please go here www.alycat.com/oed

Last edited by NOFX; 09-01-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looking forward to it Mikey.

Thanks for the info, now the prep starts...
Old 06-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey Scott

Great to hear you’re back again! Yes, the prep never seems to end. After the last festival I had already set out the list of buggies to have sorted for the next one, then of course I’ve been side tracked onto other projects

Anyway I’ll be keen to hear what buggies people are planning on bringing to this year’s event. It sounding like 4wd stock is going to be a growth class and with a greater mix of buggies than we’ve seen before, I know of an Avante and an Egress that will be added to the mix this year and a couple of drivers have defected from the venerable Top Force to the Kyosho Optima Mid so there will be a plethora of different buggies trying to hunt down Rob’s Manta Ray

Plastic also sounds exciting with some new cars I’ve been hearing about

Cheers
Old 06-21-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks like i have acquired a PB Mini Mustang complete with 2 speed box , would this be eligible to run and what class ?
And a hybrid kyosho ultima with cat rear end ..
Thanks Mark
Old 06-21-2016, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Can't wait.
I better get my finger out and finish the restoration on a Terra Scorcher I scored for next to nothing just for this event and dust of the Hotshot, see if I can keep those non-hotshots in hotshot class honest again! Lol
Old 06-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Time to dust off the beasts.👍
Old 06-21-2016, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yerp its getting to that time of the year again. October should be a nice time to race....

I have many options to choose from this year so including a new built Yokomo Worlds 89 car. I think I may run that one in mod with a brushed setup for fun.

I may be silly and try and do 3 classes each day this year. Wound it back to two and two last year and with the weather we had on the Saturday I was glad I did. If its sunny I may give it a go and run around like a headless chook for the weekend...

Definitely want to run the Super Astute this year in 2wd stock. I did last year for the very first race which was a bad idea.. it just broke everywhere. It didn't like the extra kg of mud it had to carry around with it!! But its better then it was, better, stronger, faster!

I may also run my Avante 2001 in stock as well ya never know.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flustorm
Yerp its getting to that time of the year again. October should be a nice time to race....

I have many options to choose from this year so including a new built Yokomo Worlds 89 car. I think I may run that one in mod with a brushed setup for fun.

I may be silly and try and do 3 classes each day this year. Wound it back to two and two last year and with the weather we had on the Saturday I was glad I did. If its sunny I may give it a go and run around like a headless chook for the weekend...

Definitely want to run the Super Astute this year in 2wd stock. I did last year for the very first race which was a bad idea.. it just broke everywhere. It didn't like the extra kg of mud it had to carry around with it!! But its better then it was, better, stronger, faster!

I may also run my Avante 2001 in stock as well ya never know.
I ran 3 classes last year on the Saturday. Im goinna do the same this year and run 2 classes in the Sunday.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Very much looking forward to it.

Great read Mikey!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussie372
Looks like i have acquired a PB Mini Mustang complete with 2 speed box , would this be eligible to run and what class ?
And a hybrid kyosho ultima with cat rear end ..
Thanks Mark
I'm running the Mustang Eco in 4WD stock (its a bit advanced for the Misfits I think). I'm only running the single speed =. Its been a while since a Mini Mustang ran and I think the general consensus was to not run the 2 speed back then. I honestly have no idea how much it will impact lap times.

De-tuning the car seems a bit of a shame though.

I'll leave it to wiser heads than mine to decide. It would be great to see another one out there.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome post Mikey!

Looking forward to defending the 2wd classic title! Will be even tougher this year

And hoping the Top Force doesn't eat its gears and drive spines this year!

Will be running the usual suspects pictured:
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct-4wd-day-8-17-.jpg   2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct-4wd-day-2-17-.jpg   2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct-casso-vintage-2015-7-56-.jpg  
Old 06-22-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

I'd love to enter, But I doubt I'll be able to get up
Old 06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

In.

Started off running 1 class, then 2 classes last year, now 3 classes planned for this year

I definitely caught a bad case of the vintage from Mikey or someone. Looking forward to it
Old 06-23-2016, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
I'm running the Mustang Eco in 4WD stock (its a bit advanced for the Misfits I think). I'm only running the single speed =. Its been a while since a Mini Mustang ran and I think the general consensus was to not run the 2 speed back then. I honestly have no idea how much it will impact lap times.

De-tuning the car seems a bit of a shame though.

I'll leave it to wiser heads than mine to decide. It would be great to see another one out there.

Thanks , I used to race one back in the day . Used to run the 2 speed box in stock . and the single speed in mod ..
Cheers Mark
Old 06-23-2016, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vikingen
In.

Started off running 1 class, then 2 classes last year, now 3 classes planned for this year

I definitely caught a bad case of the vintage from Mikey or someone. Looking forward to it
Its all Mikey's fault lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.