Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
RC-MINI RE-UNION Meeting - October 2017 >

RC-MINI RE-UNION Meeting - October 2017

Like Tree3Likes

RC-MINI RE-UNION Meeting - October 2017

Old 01-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

HI all,

Well as I am the president of Bendigo on-road I would just like to say all this mini and 4wd mini talk is really good to get all those cars out of the cupboard and onto the track awesome thank you Mr Tony Gray.

But I have one concern that for this year why don't we just keep it simple and keep 4wd as is for the rules for this year 2017 and see how we go for 2018

Because I had a thought about putting a 21-5 but still use the hobby-wing combo speedy into the 4wd mini just to make it easy to drive because we all know that even with the 13-5 hobby wing combo they still are are quick car to drive or Evan restrict the gearing like GT and Junior sportsman.

Now before everyone goes nuts these are just my thoughts and to keep the class competitive . Also we can not have too many classes , we need to have classes that will have a min of 10 cars or someone misses out and also it will make the day very long.

Thank you for your understanding and we still have time to work it out.

Cheers
THEODORE THEODOROU
PRESIDENT OF BORRCCC
HOME OF THE MINI REUNION
Old 01-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
Had a couple of people ask me, so to save anyone else having to ask.

Rules - same as before, only change is Max 55mm OD tires (i.e. no 60D's or Inch-ups unless you wanna run an 18T pinion) There won't be a control tire.
4WD - Hobbywing system, open gearing, open tires (55 or 60) and open body.
Can we 'officially' get the 60A ESC into the rules, rather than have a don't-ask-don't-tell policy?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Given that the 25A and 35A are still readily available, the question would be - why?
Old 01-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Ignore previous post. We talked to some people, asked some questions, tried some things and...60 amp officially OK.

For anyone wanting to know, this is the ruleset we'll be going by.

Tamiya Mini

Eligible chassis – Tamiya M03 and M05 series “Front Wheel Drive” chassis only, assembled as per Instruction Manual.

No chassis/power train modifications allowed, with the exception of the differential which may be of any style (eg spool, ball diff, open gear diff, or sealed gear diff) except one way, from any manufacturer.

Wheels/Tires – Any commercially available 55mm OD rubber mini-sized tire, in any combination and/or compound, with any insert, and standard offset mini-sized wheels.

Bodies – Body shells are open, with the following restrictions – No 4 door Touring Sedans, Sports/GT and/or 12th scale type Wedge/Can-am bodies.

20 Tooth pinion max.

13T/3000KV Hobbywing OEM or re-branded COMPLETE SYSTEM with max 60 amp ESC and engraved /etched can. No modifications are permitted to motors. 3300kv max when tested.

ESC, bearings and Tamiya Hot-ups only permitted, with the following exceptions – official Tamiya optional alloy components may be replaced with an equivalent aftermarket part.

Batteries – Any 2S, Hard-cased 7.4 Lipo packs that will fit the mini chassis (without modification to pack or chassis)

Minimum weight limit of 1330 grams (with transponder).
Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bummer that we're still sticking with Tamiya only hop ups for non alloy parts. The 3 Racing front bumper is far better than the plastic wedge Tamiya continues to use.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi TFG.

Time permitting I'll be participating, but have a question. Could I legally run a front wheel drive M01/M02 chassis? Obviously not for any competitive advantage, but for laughs...

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Make it so Mr James.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Burlap
Bummer that we're still sticking with Tamiya only hop ups for non alloy parts. The 3 Racing front bumper is far better than the plastic wedge Tamiya continues to use.
You're welcome to chuck some foam over the Tamiya wedge if you wish. Thats always been considered acceptable.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tyres

if I come down for this I'll only be using the inch ups,as I don't have anything else,and certainly won't be purchasing other tyres/rims for this event.
But penalising someone who does choose to use them,by having to use the 18t pinion,seems a bit harsh,as I don't see the inch ups as having any real advantage due to restricted compounds being used.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
Given that the 25A and 35A are still readily available, the question would be - why?
I wouldn't say readily available, I've looked on eBay and there are some rather expensive options (either $100 shipping from USA, or I have to buy a bundle with a 9T motor). I've only got a 60A and would like to participate.

Edit: I didn't see your following post telling us to ignore this one
Old 01-13-2017, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mad Speednut
if I come down for this I'll only be using the inch ups,as I don't have anything else,and certainly won't be purchasing other tyres/rims for this event.
But penalising someone who does choose to use them,by having to use the 18t pinion,seems a bit harsh,as I don't see the inch ups as having any real advantage due to restricted compounds being used.
Its pretty simple. Inch-ups and/or 60D's have around a 10% or so physical gearing advantage. Effectively meaning that anyone using them has a 1 or 2 (l dont have the figures in front of me) tooth pinion bonus.
In a fixed gearing class thats manifestly unfair. This is all about evening the playing field as much as possible.
Years ago it didnt matter because there were only 60D's and they were shit, but the Inch Ups have 3 available compounds and can easily be made to work.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

So, the rc-mini reunion meet at the Bendigo Classic is coming up later in the year. If you're only running Mini (as a lot of us will be) l encourage you to enter under a stupid name. Be creative and laugh loudly as Alycat struggles to say it each time.
I'm thinking of entering as Ay Nalaction....
Old 03-11-2017, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I might be up for some mini action! Truth be told, any action these days hahaha!!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Kim said in your case it IS Mini action....
I'm_Serious likes this.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Racn

I'm getting keen for this event,have an M03 on its way,and just started searching for tyres.
Am thinking,should i try 4wd,or not?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.