Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2016 AARCMCC Mecatech Australian Large Scale Nationals Lilydale 11th-13th November >

2016 AARCMCC Mecatech Australian Large Scale Nationals Lilydale 11th-13th November

2016 AARCMCC Mecatech Australian Large Scale Nationals Lilydale 11th-13th November

Old 09-23-2016, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2016 AARCMCC Mecatech Australian Large Scale Nationals Lilydale 11th-13th November

MRCCR is proud to announce we are hosting the 2016 Mecatech Australian Large Scale Nationals at Lilydale on the 11th-13th of November

The Track will be open for free practice from the 9th of November, tables and chairs will be provided for all our interstate friends.

Online entries can be found on Myrcm
http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?hId[1]=evt&pLa=en

And entry forms can be downloaded from our website
http://www.mrccr.com.au/documentdownloads.htm

MRCCR would also like to thank our sponsors for there support at this event,
Mecatech, EliteRc, HRC, Ace Hobbies, RemsRC 888Rc and Vtech Automotive.

So dust off those large scale cars come on down and test yourself against the best drivers from around Australia I for one can't wait.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 AARCMCC Mecatech Australian Large Scale Nationals Lilydale 11th-13th November-vic-national-champs-2016.fw.jpg  

Last edited by MuGG1N; 09-27-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:37 AM
Tech Rookie

This is going to be BIG. Especially being my first Nationals. I'm a member at MRCCR.
If any competitors traveling interstate want to freight any gear please let me know.
I can receive any equipment at my work place and drop it off to you when you get to Melbourne.
You mentioned the track is open from the 9th. Does this include the kitchen as far as to getting a coffee etc?
Old 09-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Yes the track and kitchen will be open form 9am. Drinks, coffee and sweets will also be available.
I don't expect big numbers on Wednesday, I there to help get the track ready for the weekend etc.
So to all those MRCCR members racing or not come down help support the Large Scale and the club to make this a great event!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just started painting my Mini body, I'm gunning for another concourse trophy.

It's gonna be a huge week. looking forward to it.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by magnuts View Post

Just started painting my Mini body, I'm gunning for another concourse trophy.

It's gonna be a huge week. looking forward to it.
Good to see that you are coming over Andrew,
The mini class is going to be tough, there is some good drivers coming through the ranks which is fantastic to see,
If you need anything just give us a call or if you have any question, if not not long to go see you there.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

All good, even had some practice the other day. Ran out of fuel in the final with 2 minutes remaining, I was leading, Damn stupid mechanic.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by magnuts View Post
All good, even had some practice the other day. Ran out of fuel in the final with 2 minutes remaining, I was leading, Damn stupid mechanic.
lol
Old 10-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

With just under 5 weeks to go numbers are looking good so keep those entry coming.
Large Scale is slowly growing again in Australia which is great to see. This is all due to having fun, I for one have attended the last few interstate titles and the atmosphere in the pits has been fantastic both in SA and NSW. The racing has been hard and tough on the track but in the pits we are all having fun.
So if anyone has a Large Scale car dust them off come on down and lets help keep this sport growing.

Again to all our sponsors thanks guys for your support without any sponsors in any forms of racing these events would never be as good as they are. So for all your large scale parts give these guys a ring they will be able to help you stay on the track!!!!!
Old 10-30-2016, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

With 2 weeks till the Nats numbers are looking excellent for large scale.
Entries close this FRIDAY so get them in with payment as this years Nats is going to be good.
AGM will be held Friday after the first round of qualy, that leaves the rest of the weekend free to race.
As Friday week is Remembrance day 11th November, we will close the track from 10.50AM till 11.05AM to remember our past and present service men and women that help protect this country. Our thoughts and prayers are with them all!!!
Old 11-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

1 week to go

Start holidays tonight, me thinks me starting to get a little excited.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Really enjoyed the N.S.W Titles recently.

So I'm glad I made the effort to get the time required to make it to the Nat's at Lillydale.

Looking forward to it.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

Good to see you are coming to the Nats Craig we are going to have a ball.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

With 4 days to go till the first cars hits the track, we are ready for the big boys to come out and play..
I for one can't wait to rub some paint with the best large scale drivers in Australia, so bring it on!!!!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Big thank you to the club and it's members for a great event, food and memories. First time at the track and it did not disappoint. Shame about the weather, but it's one thing we can't control. Really enjoyed running Jason's mini over the weekend, thank you for letting me run it, was very well setup for me. Might be time to buy my own and start racing more 1/5th. Thanks to Matt Harris for convincing me to race and letting me crash in their room. Great to see so many kids racing, they all did very well. Very clean racing from them. Even though my final did not go to plan, with a slight technical problem in the warm up. Still had a great weekend. Thank you to all the other interstaters for the racing, laughs and new friendships. Hopefully see you all at a large scale event soon. Matthew HazzMatt Oxford.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well said HazzMatt. It was an awesome weekend, and I think the rain made it more interesting.
The club did a fantastic job, the track was prepared well, and in spite of the rain, grip was plentiful.
To all the competitors in the Truck and Mini class, big shout out for the standard of driving. It was brilliant. The juniors in particular, they drove with maturity beyond their years, it was fantastic to be part of it.

I have to put out a big thanks for Warren, Trevor. and the Whitenbury's for the use of the truck. It was a special moment to bring it home for them in first place.

Also thanks to the team at Nick's Trackside Diner for keeping us fed and watered, when at the track, Nick's is the place to eat.