Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2016 Newcastle Grand Prix EP Onroad 19th-20th November >

2016 Newcastle Grand Prix EP Onroad 19th-20th November

2016 Newcastle Grand Prix EP Onroad 19th-20th November

Old 07-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2016 Newcastle Grand Prix EP Onroad 19th-20th November

Hi All,

Newcastle Grand Prix has been rescheduled for the 19th & 20th November

ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED

Newcastle On Road Radio Control Car Club would like to announce the 6th running of the Newcastle RC Grand Prix.

Grand Prix Rescheduled Race Dates
Newcastle Grand Prix has been rescheduled for the 19th & 20th November

Tyres

1) Retain your marked controlled tyres that you have already purchased and keep these for the rescheduled race meeting on 19th, 20th November.

2) If you have or are intending to use the controlled tyre sets prior to the rescheduled GP meeting you have a choice of keeping & handing those marked used tyres back to the club for holding and to purchase a new controlled set. The used tyres on hold will be returned to the entrant at the completion of the event. This option must be taken prior to the events first race on Sunday 20th November.

Entries

If you are on the current drivers list for todays meeting (Sunday 25th September) we will keep you entered as per the entry list Post #27 for the meeting unless you post otherwise.

All new entries will be accepted via ONLINE ENTRY Entries will close Sunday 13th November 24:00hrs

Hopefully this bad run of weather cannot hit us on 3rd time.

Thanks
Newcastle Onroad Radio Controlled Car Club.

http://newcastleonroadrc.webs.com/

Please open the below attachment for updated details on event information, including control tyre pricing.

Attached Files

Last edited by ceevee8; 11-14-2016 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Change of dates
Old 07-05-2016, 01:25 AM
No9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Been to the last 3 Gp's and it has always been great but i think it's a bad move going to controlled tyres especially tyres that are not well known.
It all so makes it to expensive with stock and mod drivers needing 2-3 sets.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by No9 View Post
Been to the last 3 Gp's and it has always been great but i think it's a bad move going to controlled tyres especially tyres that are not well known.
It all so makes it to expensive with stock and mod drivers needing 2-3 sets.
+1 agree 100% this is what makes the event so good ( no forced tyre rule )
You could still have restriction on how many sets are used for each class ( as done at the nsw indoor titles at castle hill 2 years ago ) but the choice is on the individual & it worked very well
Just my opinion
Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Tech Initiate

The main reasons behind going to control tyres are to a) create an even playing field and b) a "dress rehearsal" for (hopefully) state titles next year.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Has the entry price and extra tyre price been set yet???
Old 07-05-2016, 02:19 AM
No9
Tech Fanatic

I understand the even playing field but most run the same tyre anyway either muchmore or volonte so i can't see that there was an issue.
As far as a dress rehearsal for next years state title which i hope you get, do you not think you are taking a huge gamble with this event by hitting the hip pocket of drivers some of which would have just forked out for Aoc weeks before.
I love this event and look forward to it every year but this just seems to much for a non sanctioned race and i think it will affect the entries which would be really sad.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesT 1/12th View Post
The main reasons behind going to control tyres are to a) create an even playing field and b) a "dress rehearsal" for (hopefully) state titles next year.
Control tyres= same tyre fore everyone,1 type of goop for everyone ,applied at 1 supervised table , that is control & an even playing field, as used at aoc

Forced tyres (what we have here in Aus )= same tyre for everyone, God knows how many different types of goop used throughout the pit area which is not creating an even playing field

Armacc needs to rectify this supposes " control tyre issue " so it is a level playing field not what we currently have

Hope you guys get the state titles next btw
Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I remember similar arguments when control tyres were introduced at other events in recent years, and in my opinion, many of these were based on the chosen tyre not being their preferred tyre. Sometimes I think even if the chosen tyre was the best tyre in creation, and it was free, people would still complain. Control tyres are generally accepted at most major events, so why should this event be an issue?
Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 PM
No9
Tech Fanatic

It's an issue because for the last 4 years it has been an open tyre event which cost $25 to enter and now will cost around $80+1-2 sets of extra tyres depending on what class you enter.
I have no preferred tyre and it would make no difference what brand it was,it's all about cost for a one day event.
Not trying to take anything away from the event but just seems crazy

Last edited by No9; 09-17-2016 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess it would depend if you were buying new tyres for the event. If you were using tyres you already have, then yes, I see your point. If not, and you were planning to buy new tyres for the race, what's the difference?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:14 AM
No9
Tech Fanatic

I just don't think this race is big enough yet to have a controlled tyre.
It won't stop me from attending and supporting a great club and track but here are some things to consider.
Will the tyre quantity be limited by class and sets per driver as it should be not including practice sets.
Will the club have 150+ sets to cover the event if entries exceed expectations.

Last edited by No9; 07-06-2016 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you guys are doing control tyres then you also need to limit the quantity allowed during the meet. It won't be an even playing field if someone can afford to run a fresh set every heat.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My 2 bobs worth, why not just make it a control temp tyre eg 34? that way as long as everyone is using 34's , no probs and no need to spend anymore to enter then. To be honest , i really dont think without a lot of testing in a controlled environment , there would be next to no difference in brands. The track conditions change from week to week so i really dont think anyone would have an advantage running different tyre brands.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looking forward to this event. Control tyre ftw!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Understand the reasons for the control tyre and good luck with that btw. Only concern is the tyre is unknown. Much More, Ride, Volante would be a better pick because more racers use them and understand them (IMHO).

In my case, first time last year and I turned up and raced on the day with 2 sets of Ride 32's and came second in 13.5. Because I knew the tyre it meant I could focus limited track time on car set up. This year it will be the same thing if I can get there, the only problem is trying to sort out set up at the same time as understanding how to make the tyre work.

Like the idea of 10.5 blinky 12th scale though

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service