Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2016 AARCMCC NSW EP ONR State Titles - 26th-29th May >

2016 AARCMCC NSW EP ONR State Titles - 26th-29th May

2016 AARCMCC NSW EP ONR State Titles - 26th-29th May

Old 04-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

looKing forward to some racing again.

Last edited by cmy55s; 04-18-2016 at 08:17 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-19-2016, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Don't think I'll race if I have to pay before warm up meet
As I am not that good of race to commit
Wanted to do warm up to see how I go before entering
Old 04-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Personally, I want to try the new surface in the daytime before I commit to the cost of the event. If the club seriously can't wait until people have raced the warm up to finalise entries then I'll save my limited time and funds for another event.
Craig
Entries close on May 13th and payment is due by May 13th. CHR committee have been accommodating by allowing payment for the State Championship on the morning of the warm up meet on May 15th.

Originally Posted by NR View Post
I think by trying to "force" people to pay by holding them ransom to practicing at the daytime meet, is only going to discourage people from entering, nor is it fair.
Nathan
How is anyone being held to ransom? Exactly the opposite as CHR committee are allowing payment to be made two days after the entry close date. If you plan to enter the State Championships suggest you enter the event as early as possible and make payment prior to the close date on May 13th.

Rob Nicol
Old 04-19-2016, 05:40 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You're basically not allowing anyone to test / try the new track conditions without entering the event.

Is this correct?

If people can try / utlise the track and then make up their mind as Craig has mentioned, that would be deemed fair / normal.

I'm all for CH having the states, and I promised Trev I would support it regardless, however there are people that are concerned about the surface / grip levels being suffice, and it'd be in the best interest of the club to accommodate and 'support' these drivers wishes, in order to encourage their attendance.

Nathan
Old 04-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default track

Hi Guys,

I may be out of place saying this, my apologies in advance:

Wouldn't everyone be in the same boat in relation to the track surface. Is it not the racers responsibility to tune and set his car up to the conditions on that day.

I'm coming down from Brisbane with my first day being on the Friday and i intend to set my car up to work the best i can achieve to the track conditions presented.

Regards
B1
Old 04-19-2016, 03:31 PM
No9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I like Nathan am all for Castle Hill Raceway holding the state titles and believe it's long overdue.
This is a real opportunity for the club to make this the best states titles held in resent years and i'm sure it will be but there is merit in the concerns shown buy some.
The tyres chosen were tested on the current surface at night.
Drivers only having one opportunity to test tyres/new surface before hand is also less than previous years all be it out of the clubs control.
Why not allow payment by end of warm up day.
It's a considerable outlay for all who enter and it would seem to me a small thing to show some lenience on this issue.
Anyway i hope this is a great event.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NR View Post
If people can try / utlise the track and then make up their mind as Craig has mentioned, that would be deemed fair / normal.

It's interesting that what is normal and fair in one discipline is sometimes considered the opposite in another. A few years ago I had to learn about Nitro Offroad State Titles. At that time there was a huge push for tracks to be completely rebuilt before a Title and for there to be no practice or warm-up meet before then. People like Josh Pain were saying that was the fairest way to run the meet, and that it would increase entries. The practicalities eventually prevented this from happening to the fullest extent, but there was a ban on official warm-up meetings for some time. I'm not sure if it's still in effect or not.

In this case a warm-up meeting is going to be held anyway. I don't think anyone who runs it will not run the State Champs. I've got a lot of confidence in the Castle Hill club and their professionalism. If it was me who was making the decision I'd probably allow late payments but with a $5 late fee. There's precedent for doing that.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:27 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OHBRAD View Post
Hi Guys,

I may be out of place saying this, my apologies in advance:

Wouldn't everyone be in the same boat in relation to the track surface. Is it not the racers responsibility to tune and set his car up to the conditions on that day.

I'm coming down from Brisbane with my first day being on the Friday and i intend to set my car up to work the best i can achieve to the track conditions presented.

Regards
B1
Certainly not out of place, your opinion is just as valid as the next persons, personally the term "same for everybody" doesn't gel very well with me, as that just encourages lacklustre events / dilution of the hobby.

It's like saying there's no toilet paper left, but it doesn't matter as it's the same for everybody.

Originally Posted by No9 View Post
I like Nathan am all for Castle Hill Raceway holding the state titles and believe it's long overdue.
This is a real opportunity for the club to make this the best states titles held in resent years and i'm sure it will be but there is merit in the concerns shown buy some.
The tyres chosen were tested on the current surface at night.
Drivers only having one opportunity to test tyres/new surface before hand is also less than previous years all be it out of the clubs control.
Why not allow payment by end of warm up day.
It's a considerable outlay for all who enter and it would seem to me a small thing to show some lenience on this issue.
Anyway i hope this is a great event.
Thanks for the valid points.

Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
It's interesting that what is normal and fair in one discipline is sometimes considered the opposite in another. A few years ago I had to learn about Nitro Offroad State Titles. At that time there was a huge push for tracks to be completely rebuilt before a Title and for there to be no practice or warm-up meet before then. People like Josh Pain were saying that was the fairest way to run the meet, and that it would increase entries. The practicalities eventually prevented this from happening to the fullest extent, but there was a ban on official warm-up meetings for some time. I'm not sure if it's still in effect or not.

In this case a warm-up meeting is going to be held anyway. I don't think anyone who runs it will not run the State Champs. I've got a lot of confidence in the Castle Hill club and their professionalism. If it was me who was making the decision I'd probably allow late payments but with a $5 late fee. There's precedent for doing that.
I have no doubt re CH also, I have never kept it a secret that I feel Trevor is probably the most competent person in Australia to run events. And I would enter regardless.

However I am simply raising / reinforcing a concern that perhaps should be looked at / amended to put others at ease, and attract more individuals.

Kindest Regards
Nathan
Old 04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If pushing the entry/payment date back a few days will allay the anxieties of some racers and increase the number of entries, then it's worth doing.

I realise this probably makes the timelines for properly grading racers tighter, and may play havoc with financing for trophy ordering etc.

Only the club can judge the relative importance of those two priorities, because only they know what the financial situation is, and what the availability is of AARCMCC officials to check the grading. However, if they can make those work, then it's only to everyone's advantage to adopt a policy that will maximise the number of entrants.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Everyone has the choice to do what they want if you do not like the rules of the event then you are not forced to attend.

I recently raced at the VIC titles on putting in my online entry a part off the entry was I had to pay by either paypal or CC just like I was buying from a shop online.

I had never raced at the track before so it was my choice.

Noel
Old 04-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Will entries be refunded if we cant make it to the event? Not sure if I have work on during the NSW titles weekend. If it turns out I do, would I be able to get a refund?
Old 04-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A Ilievski View Post
Will entries be refunded if we cant make it to the event? Not sure if I have work on during the NSW titles weekend. If it turns out I do, would I be able to get a refund?
Alex when will you know if you will be working.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Richards Racing View Post
Alex when will you know if you will be working.
Probably the week before, depending how busy we are. Hence my asking.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A Ilievski View Post
Probably the week before, depending how busy we are. Hence my asking.
Will ask the committee and get back to you.

Noel
Old 04-20-2016, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Richards Racing View Post
Everyone has the choice to do what they want if you do not like the rules of the event then you are not forced to attend.
Wow. Good attitude

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service