2016 1/8 Offroad Titles Calendar

Old 12-24-2015, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2016 1/8 Offroad Titles Calendar

Okay peoples I've had a quick search (very quick!!) looking for a thread about 1/8 IC offroad State and National events dates venues etc.

I would like to keep it all in the first post so people don't have to search through pages of posts trying to find dates, venues etc. Therefore if you look through the races meets and don't see a state or national event in there, then put up a post with the following information and I will add it into the first post, in chronological order.

Remember this is for 1/8 Offroad IC only. Official events will only be added once confirmed.

Title (Eg Victorian 1/8 IC Offroad state title's)
Date
Venue
Classes
Website
Any other info (Eg Accomodation, airlines etc)

National Events will be inRED
State Events will be inPurple

January

February
2016 National 1/8 IC Offroad Championships
11th-14th February 2016
North West Remote Control Car Club (Latrobe Speedway Complex Tasmania)
1/8 GP IC Buggy and Truggy. Pro, Sportsman, Junior and Over 40.
http://nwrccc.com/wp/?page_id=107
Entries are open now. You can find the link here: http://www.1-8thoffroad.org.au/rc/

March
NSW 1/8 IC Offroad States
18th-20th March 2016
Manning Valley Radio Control Car Club - Taree
Buggy and Truggy?

WA 1/8 IC Offroad States
18th-20th March 2016
Model Offroad Buggy Club- Whiteman Park
Buggy, Truggy and EP8
http://www.morbc.org.au/Stage25/

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Last edited by Gunna; 12-30-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 313 (100%+)

Stickied, if any other clubs have any state / national events planned please advise on this thread sooner rather than later or the assumption would be that it would be at a uniform time each year?
Old 12-26-2015, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

NSW State Titles- 18th to 20th March- Manning Valley Radio Control Car Club- Taree
Old 12-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Nexxus for making it a "Sticky" and Wade any website link for entries, accomodation and classes running?
Old 12-27-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Gunna & or Nitro how accurate is the NSW state titles date I am pretty sure WA are running the WA state titles the same weekend at MORBC in Perth

here is a link to their calender https://www.facebook.com/download/17...202016-PDF.pdf

Last edited by pieter; 12-27-2015 at 05:27 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Yes Pieter you are indeed correct and there maybe one or two more state titles on that same weekend as well! One of the suggestions put forward (By AARCMCC) was to have the 3 national rounds (Tassie, February, QLD, June, and NSW, August in 2016) spread throughout the year. The state titles for the states would all be held on the same two weekends. Example - States A,B and C would be on the ??? March and States D,E and F would be on the ??? October.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Does not make sense to me but we'll I suppose the power to be know what they are doing to promote the hobby and increase participation at state title events
Old 12-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Yes Pieter you are indeed correct and there maybe one or two more state titles on that same weekend as well! One of the suggestions put forward (By AARCMCC) was to have the 3 national rounds (Tassie, February, QLD, June, and NSW, August in 2016) spread throughout the year. The state titles for the states would all be held on the same two weekends. Example - States A,B and C would be on the ??? March and States D,E and F would be on the ??? October.
Gunna just another question how is it possible not to have WA(MORBC) as part of the Nationals series considering that they will be hosting the worlds in 2018. Is it not an advantage to Aus racers to get as much race time in WA before then.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Pieter, a good question and the answer is not complicated but complex! There will be plenty of opportunity for racing in WA as I will explain.
Basically it goes like this, under the old system (1 Nationals each year) it would take the states with 4 or 5 tracks between 20 and 40 years to get the nationals on the normal rotation basis. I.e. say Qld has 5 tracks capable of holding the Nationals and all are interested in holding it.
Last year, 2014 Qld held the nationals at Meakin Park, therefore it would be 2021 before they come back to Qld (after it had rotated through all the other states) and the next club in the Qld rotation could hold it.
Therefore theoretically if all clubs in Qld opted to hold it when it was their turn then Meakin park wouldn't get it again until 2042
Under the new system there is the equivilant of 3 Nationals each year, with 3 states holding them each year. This means the rotation comes around a whole lot quicker, i.e. in 2 years all but 1 state will have had a round of the Nationals.
Therefore WA I'm led to believe will get a round of the Nationals in 2017 and the other rumour and it's just a rumour that I've heard is that FEMCA may come back to MORBC in 2017 as well! Therefore possibly 2 big events for people to get some practise in leading up to the rumoured worlds in 2018.
Remember the 2018 worlds qualifying takes place in 2016 and 2017. During the worlds year (2018) everyone will start qualifying for the 2020 worlds.

Last edited by Gunna; 12-27-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 313 (100%+)

According the calendar I have seen MORBC has their WA State Titles for GP Off Road on the same weekend has the NSW State titles for GP Off Road, I thought they were staggered month to month so there wasn't cross competing? I'm sorry but if I was from Taree I'd be a tad pissed at this!
Old 12-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

The Rockhampton club will be host once again the ROCKY CUP 2016 29th April, to 1st May.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WA State Titles

WA State Titles

Date 18th - 20th March
Venue MORBC
Classes Buggy, Truggy, EP8

Web Site http://www.morbc.org.au/Stage25/
Old 12-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by coombes View Post
The Rockhampton club will be host once again the ROCKY CUP 2016 29th April, to 1st May.
Sorry but as stated in the first post, only National rounds and state title events in here otherwise it becomes too congested.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pieter View Post
Does not make sense to me but we'll I suppose the power to be know what they are doing to promote the hobby and increase participation at state title events
Also to add, the state rounds have a smaller requirement so the smaller state clubs are able to meet the requirements where they wouldn't if trying to hold a national round giving them experience to possible hold a national round in the future. And the emphasis for numbers is geared towards the national rounds so each hosting club gets increases funds to make track and facilitys better, having three rounds a year you are injecting a lot more money into a lot more clubs per year. Run 5 smaller state rounds you get less funds injected into the clubs due to smaller entry's as most people can't afford to travel to 5 rounds but two national rounds are ver achievable for all to attend which is the minimum requirement towards qualifying for the 2018 worlds. Hope that helps!
Old 01-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Thanks Nexxus for making it a "Sticky" and Wade any website link for entries, accomodation and classes running?
Ill get onto the Taree boys to put something up.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service