Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2016 AARCMCC ACT EP ONR State Titles Feb 27 and 28 >

2016 AARCMCC ACT EP ONR State Titles Feb 27 and 28

2016 AARCMCC ACT EP ONR State Titles Feb 27 and 28

Old 02-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick View Post
That could not be further from the truth. A short stack motor or rpm motor requires a much different gearing to that of a motor that is more torque based.
+1

Another factor to take into consideration is how much timing do you have set on your motor, some motors perform better with a higher timing stetting, and others perform better with a lower timing setting.

In short, without knowing the brand, model, and how much timing is on any given motor, a very rough gearing estimate can only be given here.
To find the "butter zone" takes experimentation, and noting of what settings work best at any given track.

If you list what motors you have, the guys here can help you narrow down a more ideal setting to start with.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

It's been bought to our attention that there have been some discrepancies in the manufacturing process for a number of motors on the approved lists for the 21.5 and 13.5 classes.

To be legal, a motor must be approved by and appear on the ROAR motor lists AND conform to the physical specifications as described in the AARCMCC rules.

The AARCMCC specifications can be located at section 10, page 40 of the AARCMCC rules, located here.

It is the competitors responsibility to ensure that their motors confirm to the above rules.

To assist competitors we will be checking motors before the ACT Titles to ensure that they confirm to the above rules. I'm working on having the facility available Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

During the meeting, motors will be spot checked along with the TQ and podium results as they are provisionally confirmed.

If you have any questions please ask.

thanks

Mark
Old 02-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi Mark,

You may wish to add that the motors can appear on the BRCA approved list as well, not just ROAR.

Cheers
Old 02-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Hi Guys,

It's been bought to our attention that there have been some discrepancies in the manufacturing process for a number of motors on the approved lists for the 21.5 and 13.5 classes.

To be legal, a motor must be approved by and appear on the ROAR motor lists AND conform to the physical specifications as described in the AARCMCC rules.

The AARCMCC specifications can be located at section 10, page 40 of the AARCMCC rules, located here.

It is the competitors responsibility to ensure that their motors confirm to the above rules.

To assist competitors we will be checking motors before the ACT Titles to ensure that they confirm to the above rules. I'm working on having the facility available Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

During the meeting, motors will be spot checked along with the TQ and podium results as they are provisionally confirmed.

If you have any questions please ask.

thanks

Mark
To save the hassle of getting there and changing motors. Is there any known motors that ARE roar approved that DO NOT meet AARCMCC specs?

Cheers josh
Old 02-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Can anyone recommend any apartment type accomodation in the area? There's likely a few of us coming down so looking for accomodation with more than one room and self contained kitchen etc.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:49 PM
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Supa_18's View Post
To save the hassle of getting there and changing motors. Is there any known motors that ARE roar approved that DO NOT meet AARCMCC specs?

Cheers josh
Short answer - no.

Longer answer - there's a view that manufacturing tolerances or production issues can result in a motor that no longer meets the required specifications. For example, a manufacturer can build a motor, submit it to ROAR for approval and get the green light, but inadvertently, a motor off the production line could be slightly different and fall outside of spec. Here you have two motors, same labels, supposedly the same, but are materially different. In a more sinister scenario, a motor has been modified, in which case a second-hand owner could be unaware of the change.

AARCMCC's view is that it is the responsibility of the driver to do some basic checks to make sure that the motor still meets the regulations. The tools required aren't exotic and should be readily available at a pit table nearby if you don't own them.

It's not a fab situation, but I think it's a reasonable position to take.

Phil.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

there is a good guide here on how to check your motors

http://www.teamtekin.com/news/tekin-...spect-a-motor/

from what I have heard the issue is more to do with minimum stator length, but all dimensions should be checked.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matrix101 View Post
Can anyone recommend any apartment type accomodation in the area? There's likely a few of us coming down so looking for accomodation with more than one room and self contained kitchen etc.
There is Apartments in Tuggeranong.
It might be called Abode. I haven't stayed there but friends have.
http://www.abodehotels.com.au
Old 02-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Entries updated!

We're up to 39, hoping for many more, keep them coming.

The club has practice tyres for sale, $30 per set at our club days leading up to the event.
Club race days before the event:
07 Feb 16
21 Feb 16

Also a reminder, to make it as easy as possible for those travelling, the club will be providing Tables, Chairs and Shade Tents for the use of all competitors during the event.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

I maybe out can not see my new motor on list
Old 02-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B.cassidy View Post
I maybe out can not see my new motor on list
What Motor ??
Old 02-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

The new fantom FR-1
Old 02-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B.cassidy View Post
The new fantom FR-1
that's been approved so you are fine

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...505-01-06-2016
Old 02-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Fantom FR-1
Old 02-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

where do you find out what motors are legal?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.