Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2015 AARCMCC EP Onroad Nationals >

2015 AARCMCC EP Onroad Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 AARCMCC EP Onroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 02:00 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HazzMatt
There will be a limit depending on what class you running. The tyres are the 'T' model lol. The mod guys aren't blowing them apart on the back straight.
NO they're not the T model, the T model was a compound that was available as a separate tire and no longer available.

There's only one model which is available from:

volantetire.com.au
rabhobbies.com.au
speedyrc.com.au
feralbatteries.com.au
hobbyhabit.com.au
adelaiderc.com.au
MetroHobbies
TFTR
Old 10-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So the part# for the tyre we will be using at the event is VOL-V5-CS36R is that correct? I'm only being specific as the entry form states "Volante 36" as the control tyre without giving the specific part#.

Plenty of us from up here in QLD hoping that this is the exact tire as it's what we just used for our state titles, so plenty of leftovers for practice.

Keith M.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:59 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YOKOMOSHO
So the part# for the tyre we will be using at the event is VOL-V5-CS36R is that correct? I'm only being specific as the entry form states "Volante 36" as the control tyre without giving the specific part#.

Plenty of us from up here in QLD hoping that this is the exact tire as it's what we just used for our state titles, so plenty of leftovers for practice.

Keith M.
100% correct Keith, it's been the same tire ALL year.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you Nathan for clarifying that for us, I was unaware there was actually a 'T' model tyre. I thought is was for tough, as not going to fail with the mod drivers.

Another burning question that has been brought to my attention is how we are going to qualify. This is how we will be doing it;

Qualifying will be done best 3 of 6. It will be points based over the class. First will get 1 point, second-2, 15th will get 15 etc. Driver with least score will be first, next lowest 2nd, etc. Tie break will be decided on drivers fastest run of the 3 counted. Hope this helps you guys.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you Nathan for clarifying that for us, I was unaware there was actually a 'T' model tyre. I thought is was for tough, as not going to fail with the mod drivers.

Another burning question that has been brought to my attention is how we are going to qualify. This is how we will be doing it;

Qualifying will be done best 3 of 6. It will be points based over the class. First will get 1 point, second-2, 15th will get 15 etc. Driver with least score will be first, next lowest 2nd, etc. Tie break will be decided on drivers fastest run of the 3 counted. Hope this helps you guys.
Just don't give DNF as 0 like some other club.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

I think Trevor has done this once or twice. A DNF or DNS, will get max points depending on numbers in that class. Less than 3 weeks to the event, I hope you are all getting excited as I am. Looking forwarding to seeing some close and fast racing from all of you. Also will be good to catch up with everyone. Track is getting a much needed tidy up this weekend, with the cosmetic stuff (making it all look pretty, the track may win concourse. Lol.) See yourall soon.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:16 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Default WarmUp Meeting 25th

Hello all we will be running a warm-up meeting next Sunday. We will be running the 2 computing systems as require by AARCMCC regs.

We will be also running it in major meeting format.

They will be controlled practise session at the beginning of the meeting as well, which we hope to then use for qualifying positions for the first round.

I hope all can make it to this event.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:20 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J.Mackie
Just don't give DNF as 0 like some other club.
It didn't seem to be a problem at the off road state titles at Maitland a month back, but what do I know, thanks for your input.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can I suggest following the arrcmcc Ep section rule book on this one... Specifically rule 6.7.10;

"The format for the amount of dropped rounds will be based on the following:
3 rounds of qualifying, 2 will count, 1 to be dropped
4 rounds of qualifying, 2 will count, 2 to be dropped
5 rounds of qualifying, 3 will count, 2 to be dropped
6 rounds of qualifying, 4 will count, 2 to be dropped"

6.7.11 also covers how qualifying point scoring should be covered. Specifically 100pts for 1st, 99 for 2nd etc etc

It's all there....
Old 10-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure this isn't Trevor's first rodeo. How about we just leave the driving to us and the rest to him ey.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cmy55s
I'm pretty sure this isn't Trevor's first rodeo. How about we just leave the driving to us and the rest to him ey.
How about we actually follow the rules book that's laid out and we are meant to follow? Clue is in the title of the event...
Old 10-17-2015, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Old 10-17-2015, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
How about we actually follow the rules book that's laid out and we are meant to follow? Clue is in the title of the event...
Lols.

Any decent computer system should be able to set this up like this.

The rules are really simple. No excuse not to follow them at a nationals/state champs.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Can I suggest following the arrcmcc Ep section rule book on this one... Specifically rule 6.7.10;

"The format for the amount of dropped rounds will be based on the following:
3 rounds of qualifying, 2 will count, 1 to be dropped
4 rounds of qualifying, 2 will count, 2 to be dropped
5 rounds of qualifying, 3 will count, 2 to be dropped
6 rounds of qualifying, 4 will count, 2 to be dropped"

6.7.11 also covers how qualifying point scoring should be covered. Specifically 100pts for 1st, 99 for 2nd etc etc

It's all there....
Which edition are you reading?

June 2014 (current edition available on website) says 50% - so 6 rounds, 3 count, 3 dropped.

6.9.12 PROVISIONAL QUALIFYING ORDER
Drivers will accumulate points over the qualifying rounds. A driver’s best rounds (or round) will determine their provisional qualifying position, all other rounds will be discarded.
Discarded rounds will not be used for tie breaks.
The format for counted rounds to determine a driver’s provisional qualifying position will be based on their best 50% of completed heats, i.e.:

1 round of qualifying, 1 round counts, 0 discarded
2 rounds of qualifying, 1 round counts, 1 discarded
3 rounds of qualifying, 2 rounds count, 1 discarded
4 rounds of qualifying, 2 rounds count, 2 discarded
5 rounds of qualifying, 3 rounds count, 2 discarded
6 rounds of qualifying, 3 rounds count, 3 discarded

6.9.13 In each round, drivers will score points based on the distance and time achieved in relation to all other drivers. Points will be distributed so the fastest driver will accumulate maximum points for the round, with the points decreasing on 1-point increments for the preceding drivers. If more than 100 entries are received for a class, the point’s score will be adjusted accordingly so the lowest place driver will receive at least one (1) point. DNS and DQ drivers will receive zero (0) points for that particular round.
Example:

Fastest Driver in each round will score 100 Points
2nd fastest will score 99 points
3rd fastest will score 98 points
4th fastest will score 97 points

If drivers tie for time and distance in a round, they will share the points for the same position. The following drivers point score will be relative to their positions.
Example:

Fastest 10 laps 5.10.00 will score 100 point
2nd 10 laps 5.12.00 will score 99 points
3rd 10 laps 5.13.05 will score 98 points
4th 10 laps 5.13.05 will score 98 points
5th 10 laps 5.14.05 will score 96 points
Old 10-17-2015, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Must have Googled an old version... but still scoring system is detailed. If not number of rounds. But 4 from 6 is an accepted standard. You'll just have drivers sitting out rounds...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.