Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
"Official" 2015 AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "7th - 11th October" >

"Official" 2015 AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "7th - 11th October"

"Official" 2015 AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "7th - 11th October"

Old 10-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Yes me to Jeff did i finish 8th or 10th lol
Old 10-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Weather Report

Originally Posted by Jazza
Well I didn't exactly get the result I was hoping for (bloody rear diffs hey Luke)
But I had an awesome time at my second Nationals. Have never been to Melbourne before, loved the track (layout) loved the people, loved the racing.

A huge thank-you to all the Melbourne people for putting on the event, I just can't say enough for people & the time they put in like Nick, Tim, Dave, George, the people in the canteen etc. The club has very little help but still made me feel so welcome.

I got to catch up with mates that I don't see very often, meet more & this is another side of RC that I love so much.

Another huge thank-you go's to my mate Tony Firth. Tony came to Melbourne to help the PDNR crew but made himself available to help me all meeting as well which made my racing so much fun.

Again thank-you to all

PS Did I mention I won concourse for 1/10 Tourer Woohoo woohoo

Cheers Daz
Hey Darren.... aka Champion, "concours du national"

Firstly I had a big writing session last night, didnt finish and the power went out... poof gone, anyway I'll skip to the end..

Thank you, Al, Steve, Leigh for the wonderful weekend, it's an awesome thing we do, specially for me as a dad enjoying the pits and Luke's driving in an awesome chassis (thanks Peter), great engines (thanks Uriah Murnan) in a great field with world class drivers (thank guys) in amongst all my RC mates (thanks everyone). It's not often I have people around me that care enough to curb my own emotions, like you all did when I was looking at the rear bulkheads, big thanks, good mates!

We had a blast, I think lots of people did. I know you were having a good time, Al was loving his KickAss orchestra all around him, Leigh and Steve had a clean shell, no broken bits and a run in the A-final and the performances out there were spectacular all week long. Maybe Nitro brings on bouts of spontaneous amnesia, but from what I experienced, it was 5 days of wonderful weather, a gripped up track, the best in the country with the racing dial on 11. Not much more we could ask for!

2 hours of clear skies was all that was needed, the clouds should not shadow what was a great week racing. Congrats to Adrian, Nick for his semi run and everyone who had a blast. As for Azza, what a shocker, we all have a pop off valve, who am I to question that. AndrewG didn't need dodgy fuel to do what he does , the rain, it's wasn't a simple deluge, it teased, spat, farted and lingered so it gets hard to decide when to call it. It had to be a few laps earlier and I think Steve was "race leader" all the way up to and within. I was helping get things tidied up and out of the impending weather.

It was an awesome event and I think a lot of people will agree, we had a great time. 2 hours... "The thunder", wasn't in the skies, it was in the hearts of those 1/8th drivers as their moment was taken as was the 1/10th cut just before we could conclude. The dramas that followed aren't representative of the week we had and it might be best someone re-inforce the great racing we had, not the last 2 hours.

Thanks again Darren for a genuinely good time racing RC cars! And hey, you're herding that goat round as well as the Airbrush!! Big thanks to Nick and the Lilydale crew. Gary hugs and get well wishes to Mrs Westwood, thank from Luke and I for a wonderful time. Yes, we slept in Monday morning, 10am it was still wet and drizzle....

If you really have to blame, blame the drivers a while back that wanted shorter events. Lilydale needs at least three rain days, not one, the rest is the debacle you get when you mix fatigue, passion, excitement and gut wrenching hollowness rain brings us...

h
"Official" 2015 AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "7th - 11th October"-nats_rainbow-hd-.jpg

PS:One could propose a re-run of the finals at England Park's opening, would make for a great spectacle Just saying....
Old 10-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

any official results yet?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I recon you won Johno.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

no i couldnt have, i had a issue at the start i was out of the race for about 8 mins i think
Old 10-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
any official results yet?
I would say a comfortable 10th place finish looking at the screenshot.

But maybe 9th after the DQ of Andrew Gillespie.
Attached Thumbnails "Official" 2015 AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "7th - 11th October"-img_4336.jpg  

Last edited by Snowy; 10-13-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Did E-Laps . elaps did it ?
Old 10-14-2015, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tjk
It is disgraceful in 2015 not to have Live Timing for a National Event.
Trevor, this was the second worst run events i have ever been to, the first been in canberra 2 years ago both run by the same person who was paid by both clubs involved. Don't get me wrong the clubs did a fantastic job on both occasions, the track and driving was amazing, there was food drinks facilities, grip, the track was amazing, the clubs really did do a fine job.......... its just that it all fell over in the shed.... on both occasions.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great fun and fast racing...love that grip.

Thanks everyone involved in the organization of the week...Top work
Old 10-15-2015, 12:40 AM
tjk
Tech Addict

Why doesn't that surprise me Alex.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=jtrmx250;14224113]Great fun and fast racing...love that grip.

Thanks everyone involved in the organization of the week...Top

It was a Great week of racing. I had a great time. Learnt a few more things which will help allot. happy with my new ARC car, It was super reliable. It was a great atmosphere at the event, with a big thanks to all of the people who put in a big effort to make the event happen. Congrats to Chris Earl for his well deserved win in GT. what a fun class.
Is there results out for tourer and 1/8?
Old 10-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What a great event. The GT drivers had a ball. We were serious enough but not over the top like some other classes and the racing was so luch fun.

The grip was awesome and the facilities were just as good. Coming from a club that uses a car park as a track you guys a so lucky to have a track like this.

Thanks to all people who made this possible and congratulations to Chris Earl for the win.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Will we ever know who came where in 1/10 200mm .
Old 10-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How is it possible there is no reply from AARCMCC or MRCCR??

Where are the results??

Wasn't the event meant to be the MOST important and prestigious that we have in Australia????

Sure doesn't feel like it... pretty disappointed and embarrassed...
Old 10-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

You won the drift event...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.