Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
AOC ROUND 2 - JUNE 19-21 HOBBY HABIT ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST >

AOC ROUND 2 - JUNE 19-21 HOBBY HABIT ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

AOC ROUND 2 - JUNE 19-21 HOBBY HABIT ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default AOC ROUND 2 - JUNE 19-21 HOBBY HABIT ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd start this thread and let everyone know that AOC Australia is on again this year and will be located at Hobby Habit, Adelaide June 19-21.

I'm sure Scotty will chime in shortly, but If anyone needs any information regarding the track or information about accommodation, I will post some options up very soon.

Hopefully see you all in June

Antoni
Old 03-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

registration is open!

http://www.aocrc.com/registration

Ant - any discussion on track layout occurring already?
Old 03-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,a track layout will be designed,but will not be made public,until the start of the event,its done this way so its a even playing field.In the past the track is open,for practise,but the night before the event start the correct layout is put down.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Entery In
Old 03-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This could tempt me out of my self imposed retirement.

Been going over to race in Adelaide for the last 5-6 years. Great bunch of guys that always put on a great meet. Last years SA Titles was a great meet in a great facility. The in house Hobby shop and cafe were great and the new curbs changed the whole feel of the track. It is worth the trip to race there.

Who's in for 12th scale 10.5 blinky. I know a few of the locals were talking about it after last years AOC. Hope we can get enough to run the class.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Ant - do you know what is included in the entry fee?

Volante tyres to be used I see - are the rules re: set # and sauce etc available?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cplus View Post
Ant - do you know what is included in the entry fee?

Volante tyres to be used I see - are the rules re: set # and sauce etc available?
All Scotty's events have been 1 set of tyres included in the race entry fee.

Under the rules on the website it says Solaris tyres will be used for the 2015 races. You might have been looking at Ant's signature.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
All Scotty's events have been 1 set of tyres included in the race entry fee
Cool. I know at ETS it includes sauce and a can of Wurth cleaner as well

Under the rules on the website it says Solaris tyres will be used for the 2015 races. You might have been looking at Ant's signature.
I saw that at first too, but If you scroll down on the rules page it says volante http://www.aocrc.com/rules
Old 03-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Traction additive at previous events has been supplied as it is a controlled additive. Good luck on the wurth, I don't think that is going to happen.

I'm going to have to call in sick for work for this Keen as punch for this.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Track Layout will be decided by Scotty as he did last year at Adrenalin Arena, I will send some ideas but it should be completely new to what is being used currently, and as Scott said will be changed as the event starts.

Entry, not 100% sure but I believe Dan is right. 1 set of tyres, normally a T-shirt Will confirm this.

Tyre additive WILL BE controlled. I will test some over the next few weeks on the Volante Tyres that will be used at the event. Will keep everyone updated on this.

Also In regards to Hotels for everyone travelling, here is what I have looked at and recommend, some having deals on atm via online booking websites (booking.com for example). I think staying in the City is everyone's best bet, most have done this in the past as its only approx 15 minutes to the track, with much better options for eating/sightseeing etc.

Hilton Hotel - 14 min drive

www.hilton.com

Crowne Plaza - 18 min drive

http://www.crowneplaza.com

Mercure - 14 min drive

www.mercure.com/adelaide

Arkarba (not city based) - 16 min drive

http://www.arkabahotel.com.au/

Oaklands Holiday House (based near marion, much closer to track. This is a good option for sharing between 6 people) - 8 min drive

https://aura.travel/accommodation/sa...klands-10.html

Kind Regards,

Antoni
Old 03-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Some great news everyone! Two of the best Touring car drivers going around have been confirmed for AOC Round 2!

Team Yokomo driver Ronald Volker (Germany)
Team Yokomo Designer Umino Yukijiro (Japan)
Team Xray's Alexander Hagberg (Sweden)

Hopefully we can confirm some more international driver's soon.

Get excited everyone
Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All Scotty's events have been 1 set of tyres included in the race entry fee.

if theres no mod class ill be in for 10.5 to make numbers
as ive had two bodies just sitting here for over a year and would love to use them :P
Old 03-26-2015, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
as ive had two bodies just sitting here for over a year and would love to use them :P
Can't fathom there being no mod class ????
Old 03-26-2015, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
Thought you would be up for 12th at HH.
If there is no 10.5 I will be there for Mod.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Approved

Hi to any new people planning on entering AOC,just a quick note,please look at the Approved motor list for stock classes and Speed controller list which also includes what software can be used on the speed controller,im always at club nights so please come and talk to me as Ive got a copy of the lists.Also the lists can be downloaded from the Entry site under Reg tab,and scroll down to the bottom.
Please don't be put off entering the event,as Scotty puts on a top event,and the rules are very simple and not complicated,just come and ask me (Scott K),Ant and several others,what top class event this is.

Cya Scott K

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.