R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Events (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-events-150/)
-   -   2015 AARCMCC I.C. NSW STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-events/859642-2015-aarcmcc-i-c-nsw-state-championships.html)

rptech1 01-28-2015 03:39 AM

2015 AARCMCC I.C. NSW STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

1 Attachment(s)
NSWRCRCC.Inc is proud to announce the
2015 AARCMCC New South Wales IC On-Road Championships
from the 2nd till the 5th of April. (Easter Long Weekend)

Event Details;

Track Location: Helles Park, Helles Avenue, Moorebank NSW 2170

Entry Fee: $75.00 entry fee plus $15.00 per additional class, Juniors under 16 years old $35.00 (proof of age may be requested)

NSWRCRCC.Inc will include the newly sanctioned 1/8th GT Class

The class’s included at this event: 1/10th Pro Tourer, 1/10th Pull Start & 1/8th Pan and 1/8th GT Class
*All classes need to have a minimum of 8 entries to allow the class to run as a Sanctioned Event.

Format: Qualifiers - Minimum of 4 heats or maximum of 6 heats of 5 or 10 minute heats (to be determined by number of entrants and program)

Finals -XMAS Tree Finals - 15 minute Quarter Finals, 20 minute Semi Finals and 30 minute Finals.

Entries must be made on the official entry form accompanied by payment in full, all entrants are to log into the following web link and complete their details.
http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?hId[1]=bkg&dId[E]=19121&pLa=en

MAIL Entries to: SECRETARY NSWRCRCC Inc. PO Box 6141, Hammondville NSW 2170

Cheques to be made payable to NSWRCRCC Inc +++ (DO NOT SEND CASH) +++

Direct Deposit Payment to:
Bank: Westpac BSB 032-159 Account Number 347600

Note:
. This event will be run over three days; the track will be open for practice from Thursday 2nd of April.

. We will start qualifying on Friday of 3rd of April.

. Entries must be received by last mail THURSDAY 19-MARCH-2015,

. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED

. Enquiries can be sent to [email protected] or contact John on 0402077589

NSWRCRCC.Inc – New South Wales Radio Control Racing Car Club
http://WWW.NSWRCRCC.COM

Roberto168 01-31-2015 04:49 AM

Just entered, this should be a big event.

jtrmx250 02-23-2015 02:46 AM

I've got a leave pass...really looking forward to finally getting to Moorebank:sweat:

SEYMO 02-26-2015 02:59 AM

Is the GT race time going to stay as listed 5min heats and the a final 30 min?
:confused:
or will it be biased like the Serpent cup?

HazzMatt 02-26-2015 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by SEYMO (Post 13872858)

Being a sanctioned event I suppose they must comply with the IC rules. Timing of qualifiers has not been specified in the GT rules. While it was a demonstration class we could run at any time length the host club had requested. In NSW and ACT we ran 7 Mins. In Adelaide for the 2014 Nationals we ran 10min with a 30min final. I would of liked to have followed the international rules but that would include rubber tyres and 21 engines. I know a lot of the top guys from Penrith are running the Novarossi Roma's which are a 25. I still am running the Novarossi Hardito 21 and am slightly slower, but make it up on one less pitstop over a 30min final.

Kanea6 02-26-2015 03:47 AM

Its an AARCMCC race so it will be to AARCMCC rules which is 5 or 10 min heats and 30min final

CDS70 02-26-2015 03:43 PM

Care to explain how it is bias??????

My 5 port .21 seems to be doing ok with keeping up.

SEYMO 02-26-2015 10:51 PM

The GT rules allows 21 - 28 sized engines, pushing the time out to 7mins heats and 35min finals is forcing the point of only running a 21 to make run time.
I'm not saying the 21 are slower, its punishing anyone who brought differently as the Roma or the 28 wont make 7mins.

THE FRIDGE 03-11-2015 03:51 PM

I'm in. just registered 1/10 and GT

Jeff Hamon 03-11-2015 04:10 PM

Looking forward to this event!!!

blis 03-11-2015 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by SEYMO (Post 13875020)
The GT rules allows 21 - 28 sized engines, pushing the time out to 7mins heats and 35min finals is forcing the point of only running a 21 to make run time.
I'm not saying the 21 are slower, its punishing anyone who brought differently as the Roma or the 28 wont make 7mins.

Hey, the rules were made to engage as many people as possible to create a new class that we hope attracts a larger demographic of people wanting to race RC and not have tight specifications, subjective rules and so on. There are valuable members of our hobby investing a lot of their time and effort to make this a viable alternative to the higher spec classes.

It's a larger scale car, this makes it more manageable for the newcomers and it's more robust than the fragile 1/10 and a more powerful (power to weight) 1/8 RS class which require a lot of investment and development.

The further south you go the less runtime you make, many in 1/8 and 1/10 dont make 5 minutes, it's their choice and we all accept the choices we make in the engine departments and don't ask for rule changes because of them.

By making comment such as "it's not fair.." or "it's biased.." is going to create conflicts, it's going to scare off any newcomers who have been exposed to similar issues in other motor-sport categories and it's not in the ethos of the class. It's a class where you should be smiling and enjoying your model, sharing the spirit of racing in the garages with the IFMAR world spec cars, their drivers and hang out with some of the best drivers in the world.

It's a class that gives people an opportunity to develop their racing while they get exposure to the IFMAR IC specs and if you look at it as an opportunity to enjoy yourself and less about who wins it, then it will grow and the more drivers you have, the better the racing.

Please don't think Im not having a dig at you, because I think it's a much better alternative to the previous class and it's attracted more enthusiasm than we had in the past and a lot fairer, I do understand your passion. It's the harm done when using terms like bias, or unfair when the focus should be on enjoying it for what it's truly meant to represent. Otherwise we'd be forcing people to with run us and making better numbers in 1/10 and 1/8 and you'd need 3 engines, clutches, PSR's etc etc and you'd still get your doors blown off by the top runners.

So bring the music, the perfume of racing into the spotlight and less focus on the specifics, because any top driver will tell you, they would have at least 6 engines, 2 of each capacity and then you'll wish it was a single engine spec and likely to be a .21 anyway and then we are forcing your hand into your pocket and that's the whole point of GT, it's a more affordable class of racing. Embrace the fact that its a rare opportunity to be on a drivers stand with the likes of Ric Bartelozzi...

h

BartzRC 03-17-2015 06:18 PM

NSW ENTRY

Thanks Harry for that honourable mention. I have just entered tourer, so cmon guys get your entries in! Not much time left!
Ric B

Old Smokey 03-18-2015 04:26 AM

Not sure about the reason to fill in a form for entry and also request competitors to enter online as well. Little bit of useless double handling. It is not like the entry form is requiring you to sign to agree to abide by the code of conduct.

Secondly if you show on your form to be able to fill it out electronically how about the form be set up to do exactly that. This way we do not need to print it then own a scanner to scan it so it can be returned via e-mail. ;);)

5orted 03-18-2015 07:01 PM

jtrmx250 03-18-2015 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by 5orted (Post 13913059)
Could we get a confirmation that payment and entry has been received?

Cheers

http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?pLa=en&lType=rList&hId[1]=bkg&dLt=reg&dId[E]=19121&tType=classic