Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 AARCMCC WA EP10 Off-Road State Titles October 2-5 2014 >

2014 AARCMCC WA EP10 Off-Road State Titles October 2-5 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 AARCMCC WA EP10 Off-Road State Titles October 2-5 2014

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sweet Daniel/ Scotty, you are welcome to crash at my joint if you like, although I do have rather loud young children.. 3 and 5
Old 09-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Dinner will be served in either a 6 or 11.5 inch roll and he doesn't drink these days.

Last edited by Boz; 09-04-2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Spelling again
Old 09-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tire availability

Guys,

In relation to the availability of tires from the club. We will have all the pre-orders bagged and tagged ready for collection from the Thursday onwards at the track. If you wish to purchase additional tires/inserts at the track from the club over the course of the weekend, you can simply approach myself (you won't be able to miss me!) or a committee member to organise the purchase.

Cheers
Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default .

flights are booked.

how many run's per set of tyres are we expecting?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Being a sugar track. Last year in the practice runs and the warmup event, mod guys were able to get a couple of runs before they went completely. But most were sticking to a set per round.

In stock I've found the rebars last for 5 rounds without losing any noticeable amounts of grip or dropping off on lap times.

I think most will be throwing a fresh set on each round, and then using the warmup to scrub them.

You never know though, last year we had a lot of rain which washed the sugar off, the first 2 rounds were like ice! And the tire wear was minimal
Old 09-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just a point on Sugaring, it was good clean fast racing last Wednesday and Friday nights without a sugared track, and the bonus you can still use the same tyres this week!!! Think about your core group of racers the average guys who want to improve but will have to give it up when they have to buy 2 sets of tyres a night just to race. $50-$70 a week to race one night is getting mighty excessive and that's based on the discounted tyre price for the state title!! If you want a smooth, high grip surface there's an asphalt layout right next door........This is after all off road racing
Old 09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gunna
Just a point on Sugaring, it was good clean fast racing last Wednesday and Friday nights without a sugared track, and the bonus you can still use the same tyres this week!!! Think about your core group of racers the average guys who want to improve but will have to give it up when they have to buy 2 sets of tyres a night just to race. $50-$70 a week to race one night is getting mighty excessive and that's based on the discounted tyre price for the state title!! If you want a smooth, high grip surface there's an asphalt layout right next door........This is after all off road racing
finally a post that 110% agree with on sugared tracks its off road your not meant to have on road grip

congrats and i think the more racers get behind non sugared tracks the better this sport is not cheap plain and simple
Old 09-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
finally a post that 110% agree with on sugared tracks its off road your not meant to have on road grip

congrats and i think the more racers get behind non sugared tracks the better this sport is not cheap plain and simple
why do you guys permit additive at gold coast... it is after all offroad and not onroad..
Old 09-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

the reason the club uses sugar to bond the track. is actually to reduce the dust and track deterioration.

you will also notice last year the track stayed in premium conditions for about 6 months with almost zero maintenance needed.

the track was braking up in alot of sections after only a couple of meetings with no suger.

friday night was ok, but the dust was out of control.

the 2wd racing was shit in those condition also.

Josh
Old 09-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

In saying that.

The club is looking at new clay options so as we dont have to suger.

once we get a better clay.. we will probably end the sugar if it naturally blue groved.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Painy
....almost zero maintenance needed.
to be done by Painy.

Sorry Josh, I could stop my fingers from typing it. I tried.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Most people misunderstand the reason for sugaring. It has little to do with traction and is done mainly to bind the track together and increase consistency. The increased traction is a by-product - some say positive, some negative.

Anyhoo, entry in and flights booked. Can't wait!

Cheers,
Scotty
Old 09-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Boz
to be done by Painy.

Sorry Josh, I could stop my fingers from typing it. I tried.
your on the money boz... without the suger.. that clay created a full time job.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Good to hear that you are coming Scotty.

I think drivers don't understand when a track is sugared for bonding or adding grip.

The other year we had a perfectly good track. The day of practice, it was decide to re-coat the track with sugar again. Yet at night events we are told to sweep the dust off of the track for a clean surface, which makes a dust storm. Why not just wet the surface???

People need to watch the part of this video to understand what the professional drivers think of a sugared track. Sugar days are numbered.

Come Drive With Us

Personally. Remove the controlled tires for State events and allow us to pick the right tire for the right condition. More drivers would race at them.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

removing the control tires is a bad for the sport.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.