Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 ASIAN ON ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST >

2014 ASIAN ON ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 ASIAN ON ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default AOC

I'm already entered in 17.5 blinky but want to enter 13.5 as well. I cannot do it through the AOC site. I've tried emailing Scotty but haven't heard back regarding this. Anyone have any idea how to contact Scotty or anyone else that can enter me in 13.5?
Old 06-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by midse
I'm already entered in 17.5 blinky but want to enter 13.5 as well. I cannot do it through the AOC site. I've tried emailing Scotty but haven't heard back regarding this. Anyone have any idea how to contact Scotty or anyone else that can enter me in 13.5?
You could try a PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It may take some time, but Scotty will eventually reply to your email.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wonder why you can't enter? I'm entered into two classes!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default entry

Scotty got back to me, he's pretty busy with other events but has sorted me out. There is no drama entering 2 events in the first session. When you try and enter a 2nd event after completing a single entry then it won't let you. You just have to email Scotty in person. anybody know how many tyres are included in entry?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Scotty got back to me, he's pretty busy with other events but has sorted me out. There is no drama entering 2 events in the first session. When you try and enter a 2nd event after completing a single entry then it won't let you. You just have to email Scotty in person. anybody know how many tyres are included in entry?
One set from memory. I could be wrong
Old 06-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XCELL
Can someone please tell me the size of the track?

Thank you,

Patrick
Fastest lap times vary depending on the layout

Mod 13.3 seconds Long - 11.8 seconds Short

17.5 15 seconds Long - 13.5 seconds Short

Not too sure but 21.5 blinky is around 16-17 seconds long - 15 something seconds short

Hope this helps

I see that G-force motors and 120a esc have been added to the list.

Trackstar motors and others may also be added too. If you have a governing body approved motor and it's not on the AOC list, then email Scotty the approval URL and he will review it.

Last edited by midse; 06-30-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder to get those entries in. 23 sleeps and counting!!!

http://www.aocrc.com/registration

If you have any issues with logging in email Scotty and he will provide you new login in details.

In addition, on some browsers you need to scroll down to enter the second class. It will simply look like there is no other fields but if you scroll down you will find what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Jordan
Old 07-01-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Fastest lap times vary depending on the layout

Mod 13.3 seconds Long - 11.8 seconds Short

17.5 15 seconds Long - 13.5 seconds Short

Not too sure but 21.5 blinky is around 16-17 seconds long - 15 something seconds short

Hope this helps

I see that G-force motors and 120a esc have been added to the list.

Trackstar motors and others may also be added too. If you have a governing body approved motor and it's not on the AOC list, then email Scotty the approval URL and he will review it.
It does thank you, just trying to get an idea on gearing for a 17.5.

Patrick
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Hello to all my Aussie brothers,

July is here and that means the AOC at AA is getting close. I think back to last years AOC and how much of a great event we had. We all made many new friends and had some of the best races in the AOC. This years event is going to be even better. Having a permanent track like AA will only make for a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

The website has been updated with all the latest entries and I ask all of you who are going to join us to please make your entries. I need to order tires and trophies and have to go with my guesstimate from what we have preregistered. Last year we had 170 entries and I hope this year we have even more than that.

Ronald Volker is confirmed to attend this years event and I am still waiting to hear from the team on any other guys who will be attending. I will be flying to Slovakia tomorrow for the ETS finals and will confirm with any other team drivers this weekend who can attend.

I have received some questions about the Trinity D4 17.5 and 13.5 motors. These motors will not be allowed at the Round 3 AOC Australia. This is because they will not be available World Wide in time for the race. I don't want drivers to feel like they have to express ship from around the World to get these motors in time for the race. They will be allowed at future AOC events.

I know there has been much talk about the classes we are running and such, but I hope that no matter what class you desire to run, you can join us for the reason we all do this hobby. FOR THE FUN! That is why we got into it years ago and sometimes that is lost in the competitive side of the hobby. For me, the best part of the hobby is the chance to meet so many new friends who share in the same passion as I have for this hobby. It is for sure the best hobby in the world and to be able to share it with others from so many different countries and cultures is a great gift and one I hope everyone remembers is about having fun.

I look forward to another great AOC Down Under and I am excited to see all my friends I have made through the years and the chance to make even more as we make the trip to Melbourne and Adrenaline Arena for what will be a fantastic event.

If you have any questions or problems making your entry, please send me an email and I will be happy to help and get things sorted out for you.

Thanks very much,
Scotty
[email protected]
Old 07-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by XCELL
It does thank you, just trying to get an idea on gearing for a 17.5.

Patrick
It depends on your motor of course, and whatever the track layout will be. Will have to wait until the first practice day to find out. Around 3.7 - 4.3 FDR.

Scotty replied to my query.......

My assistant who helps me on this project is currently away with his family and upon his return will be checking into Turnigy motors.
Just for your piece of mind, if it is on one of the approval lists, you will be fine,
As for the GForce/Sky motors, As long as the base motor i.e "GForce" Motor is approved, then the offshoot/rebranded motors are also ok.
We will get the list update as soon as possible, but tell everone to not worry about it and come have fun with us.
Look forward to seeing you guys soon,
Thanks
Scotty

The Gforce motors and SKYRC ARES motors are rebadged versions of each other. I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy an ARES as they aren't technically ROAR approved and wouldn't be allowed at other events.
If you already have an ARES motor then it "should" be ok for AOC as long as it is identical to the GFORCE apart from the logos.

I live near the Shrine and northern end of Albert park lake, if anyone wants to car pool - then let me know. I have a stationwagon

Get your entries in people
Old 07-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

16 Days to go until we all get to hear Scotty on the Mic again. Don't forget to hashtsag your prep images @ #AOCRC2014

Oh, ENTRIES ENTRIES ENTRIES

Last edited by JordanC; 07-09-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

HI everyone,

We are no longer months away, we are barely weeks away and I cannot wait to make the trip back down under.

I want to ask one last time for any guys who are planning on racing with us to make your entry. Final tire order goes in tomorrow and I need to have the best idea possible of our entries. Also for the awards, I would hate to be short on awards once race time is here.

I have received some emails about guys wanting to sign up but don't have pay pal accounts or wont have money till the race, that is ok. You can still make your entry online at www.aocrc.com and when it takes you to the payment screen, just close. All entries are updated and showing online as of this time.

I look forward to spending some great time with all of your guys and cant wait to see some racing live at AA, I have watched so many videos of the track I feel like I have been there.

If you have any questions or need anything, please let me know and I will be happy to help. T Minus 14 days and counting.

On the tone!
Scotty
Old 07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Hello all,

Big news just got to me that we will have another big name driver joining us for the AOC. I am proud to announce that we will have Hot Bodies driver and 2006 World Champion Andy Moore making the trip down under to join us for the AOC. Andy is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and is looking forward to joining us for the AOC.

Along with Andy we will have 4 time ETS Champion Ronald Volker making the trip to join us for the AOC. For those of you who raced last year, you know Ronald is also a fantastic guy and together these 2 guys will be there to share their wealth of knowledge and help any and all who need advice.

It is going to be a great event and I look forward to seeing everyone at AA. Please let me know if you have any questions at all and I will be happy to help. [email protected]

Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]
Old 07-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Where to stay for the AOC

Here's a list of where you can stay when racing at the AOC.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AOC Flyer.pdf (257.5 KB, 131 views)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.