Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
WA 1/8th Electric Offroad State Championship - May 16-18 >

WA 1/8th Electric Offroad State Championship - May 16-18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WA 1/8th Electric Offroad State Championship - May 16-18

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Back On!! WA 1/8th Electric Offroad State Championship - Apr 25-27

Great news everyone!

The WA 1/8th Electric Offroad State Championship is now being run with the IC state titles, hosted by MORBC on their dirt track facility. This event is AARCMCC approved and avoids any issues with timing and track eligibility.

The full thread can be found here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...les-morbc.html

Get your entries in and support this great effort by the MORBC team!

Last edited by whittie; 04-09-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Damn looks like I miss this one.. Should be a good event!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
Checking my calender and clearing it with the chief cook & bottle washer also barring being sent overseas for work I should be there.......
Old 03-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whats it going to cost per class and is there a limit on tyres ?
Old 03-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

Details are still being worked, but $30-50 and not more is my guess

use as many of any type of tyres as you like. If you notice wear on your Schumacher Mini Pin yellow compound tyres after the end of the weekend I will be VERY surprised, these things last SEASONS on the Astro

If you're not using Schumacher Mini Pins (or an equivalent) then you're not going to be at the pointy end
Old 03-14-2014, 03:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is this event sanctioned with anyone? I know other states have run aarcmcc sanctioned state titles for ep8.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

1/10 4wd SCT isn't that what was raced at Bayswater back at the 1/10 electric states back in October 2013 and what is to be raced in October 2014? That would mean 3 4wd short course state titles in less than a year! Which one is the sanctioned real one?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Maybe it should be called the WA state Astro EP titles?

Just Sayin,,,,
Old 03-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

I would like to know who the person is that has entered my son, plus I'm guessing about 16 others without their permission. I looked at the times "all" these people entered and its highly unlikely they all entered between 2:11 am and 2:16am on the 14th, no driver details, no club, probably no transponder numbers (Can't see this item).

This sort of S#&t just isn't on!

According to this thread the event is to be held over the weekend of the 16th-18th May, yet on Alycat the event is listed as 30th May, when everyone else will be going to Kalgoorlie for the second round of the WA Challenge cup..........
Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

The temporary entries have done what they were supposed to do: Generate interest and discussion.

The correct date is May 16-18 and the Alycat entry will be updated once this event is confirmed - We are still waiting on some more support and also queries around dates with the local council
Old 03-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Temporary entries? What sort of joke is this?

Is this event sanctioned by anyone? If not its just a temporary event name too.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bk2racer
Temporary entries? What sort of joke is this?

Is this event sanctioned by anyone? If not its just a temporary event name too.
Not a joke at all, what's the issue?

The event will not be sanctioned as the track does not comply with sanctioning body rulings. As such, the event will not be required to follow the ridiculous string of rules that come with such sanctioning - such as approved electrics lists - which ultimately makes the event more open to folks that just want to race other folks and not be forced to purchase highly over priced equipment for one weekend.

The event, for lack of any other competing event, is more than eligible to run as the state titles and hold as the pinnacle of 1/8 electric racing in WA. What sway does working under sanctioning body rules or otherwise have anything to do with the name of an event, national and international points? If that's your thing, good for you, however for the other 99% of folks it's not an issue so it's not of any concern.

Last edited by whittie; 03-16-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

I really don't see what the big fuss is about.. 1/8th electric don't get a state title in WA so why not create one? Even if it isn't sanctioned by anyone.. Who cares.. At the end of the day it's just meant to be a fun event..

As for the 4wd SC class, it was run as a demonstration class at west coast last year because it isn't a sanctioned class.. So really it doesn't matter about the title. It just allows more people to come down on the day and have a run.

Last edited by froggie22; 03-17-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe their is aarcmcc rules and sanctioned state titles in other states for 1/8 ep.

I have no other issue with new events being created be it fun or official, however labelling an event something it's not and entering drivers that quite probably will not be attending is a joke.

If it is a race just for fun and no strict rules why call it a name that has Prestiege and implys it is an official event??

Last edited by bk2racer; 03-17-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bk2racer
If it is a race just for fun and no strict rules why call it a name that has Prestiege and implys it is an official event??
Because the intention is to attract the most prestigious drivers. It also implies that this is a significantly larger event than normal - in fact 3 days long - and that it stands out from other events, which it does. State Championship does nothing to imply 'sanctioned' or otherwise, which opens a whole other bag or worms about the legitimacy of sanctioning bodies. It's only official because people choose to sign up to the notion that a committee with a name approves it. I'm sure people will approach this event in the same light as the official 2014 WA 1/8 EP State Championship and if the competitors believe, then it is so.

Using the example posted above by froggie, 4x4SC is not a sanctioned event, yet my trophy clearly states WA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, so there is precedence and this is not an unusual affair.

1/8 EP does not have a State Title presently and so I am taking it up with the help of only a few others to provide one at WA's only 1/8 Electric specific race track.

I should hope that in following years it will be possible to attain membership with the AARCMCC body (I'll leave my personal preferences on the issue aside), however, I'm not going to let that change how THIS event is run.

Indeed the purpose of the event is for fun. If it wasn't fun then people wouldn't do it, so why should that detract from the legitimacy of an event, it should be a core value that event organisers strive to achieve, as I'm sure they all do.

I do not know if AARCMCC have plans to approve 4x4 SC as an official class for 2014 and so in the interest of allowing WARCMCC the opportunity of hosting the officially unofficial 2014 state title for that class, and in so keeping the title to a 1/10 specific track, I will open the floor to debate as to labeling 4wd SC the 2014 West Australian Radio Rally Club Belmont Championship Trophy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.