Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28 >

2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28

2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28

Old 11-27-2014, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
Dudes as you may have seen in here, Iíve sent a survey out via pm to about 18 of you. Now im not 100% confident in the multiple recipients function within the pm area so if you didnít get my pm, please let me know and Iíll send you the survey details

More importantly!!! Filming of the enduro!! Now if anyone has looked on youtube, theres a great piece of footage of the opening stanza of the 2011 vintage enduro done by dilligaf. It shows basically the first 20 minutes of the enduro where Edís egress is in the lead, Dazís losi is chasing hard through the field, as is Danís yokomo, youíve got a few rc10s mixed in there, then Daz gets to the lead and then Dan chases him down and they have a big battle, my manta ray eventually catches Ed for 4th and Baggz rc10 gets its way up to 3rd place with Warner behind the wheel. Anyway, itís a really cool bit of footage and basically the camera films in one corner, then is moved to another then another and it just went around the track. What I wanted to see is if we can get a few cameras out there during the race on tripods, if we need additional SD cards, thatís something we can organise, Iíll have my laptop there, when an SD card gets full, swap it out, Iíll dump it on my hard drive, empty the card for use again and so on. The other thing that would be unreal is if we could get some quadcopter footage at the start. I just thought Iíd put all this out there, see if anyone can help out, have a think, even if while youíre marshalling, get out the phone and film for a while, bring your phone and cable to me and I can move it onto my laptop, the good thing is if the clocks in all the devices are correct, the footage will be time stamped so it can be put in order and I can do a bit of a video edit and maybe piece together a highlights package

Cheers

Mikey
Mate I have a video camera and a tripod..can bring it..also I was just talking to a mate who is buying two of those quad copters for his kids funnily enough with the cameras attached..if they haven't broken them by May which is highly likely...I will see if I can yoink them...I saw the copter footage of the recent Nationals and it looks sweet..i was actually standing there wondering what is this thing with about 12 rotors on it...
Old 11-27-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stephenianjames View Post
Yep Pete, the Egress body will be a direct fit on the 2001, but not the original Avante.
Groovy....now I just have to triple check I have a 2001 ... short of going through the manuals whats the quickest way to tell..i am looking at the 2001 manual and it all looks correct except it has a early model rear and front bumper...
Old 11-28-2014, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got the Stadium Blitzer built. Can't wait to race it.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-28-2014, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flustorm View Post
Groovy....now I just have to triple check I have a 2001 ... short of going through the manuals whats the quickest way to tell..i am looking at the 2001 manual and it all looks correct except it has a early model rear and front bumper...
If the upper deck is larger (wider) than the lower deck and just about everything bolts to it, it is an Avante. If the lower deck is larger (wider) and everything bolts to it, then Avante 2001.

Further, if it has gold aluminium shocks they are original Avante. Black plastic CVAs Avante 2001.

Can you post a photo?
Old 11-28-2014, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Mate I have a video camera and a tripod..can bring it..also I was just talking to a mate who is buying two of those quad copters for his kids funnily enough with the cameras attached..if they haven't broken them by May which is highly likely...I will see if I can yoink them...I saw the copter footage of the recent Nationals and it looks sweet..i was actually standing there wondering what is this thing with about 12 rotors on it...
Nice one Pete!
Hopefully we can get a good amount of footage of the race

Originally Posted by xrayracer1 View Post
Got the Stadium Blitzer built. Can't wait to race it.

[IMG][/IMG]
Wow gav! You don't muck around! ! Good job on building that thing so quick!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Haha thanks Mikey! Out of all the kits i've built over the years this was probably the easiest kit i've built. The most time consuming part of the build was painting the body.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Nice gavin. Yeah I'm rebuilding a beat Hawk at the moment. It's essentially the same car with a slightly different gearbox and body/wheels but they are so easy to pull apart. I think 4 screws had the whole rear end off. I really like this car. It'll probably be my enduro car and 2wd for next festival

Last edited by NOFX; 11-28-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AussieTopForce View Post
If the upper deck is larger (wider) than the lower deck and just about everything bolts to it, it is an Avante. If the lower deck is larger (wider) and everything bolts to it, then Avante 2001.

Further, if it has gold aluminium shocks they are original Avante. Black plastic CVAs Avante 2001.

Can you post a photo?
Hey, yeah its a 2001, checked the manual and as u say its pretty bleeding obvious..! I will throw a pic up once i have finished...its half done..just the transformer front end to go...i want to egress it as its basically supposed to be the best of the early egress and avante combined so maybe u can tell me if the current egress shock towers will fit? Thinking of replacing all the original breakable parts, ie hub carries, the wierd rear hub setup etc with current egress stuff so i can give it a blap...
Old 11-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey, yeah its a 2001, checked the manual and as u say its pretty bleeding obvious..! I will throw a pic up once i have finished...its half done..just the transformer front end to go...i want to egress it as its basically supposed to be the best of the early egress and avante combined so maybe u can tell me if the current egress shock towers will fit? Thinking of replacing all the original breakable parts, ie hub carries, the wierd rear hub setup etc with current egress stuff so i can give it a blap...
Everything from an Egress fits an Avante 2001, as the Avante 2001 was a lower spec (at the time) version of the Egress. So yes go ahead and get what you need from an Egress to give it a blat!

Things to note, any screws into aluminium posts need a little thread lock, but not too much, as you will need to disassemble in future for maintenance. Also, don't apply any grease to suspension parts. The dust just sticks and causes more wear! However, I do use the Tamiya AW grease on the CVDs.

There is a lot of negativity about the fragility of the car. All i can say is that mine, although new only had one screw come loose at the festival - top screw for the front hub. No breakages. I ran an 8.5T brushless. The drive train handled it well. You just need to be a little less aggressive on the throttle as there is no slipper clutch.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AussieTopForce View Post
Everything from an Egress fits an Avante 2001, as the Avante 2001 was a lower spec (at the time) version of the Egress. So yes go ahead and get what you need from an Egress to give it a blat!

Things to note, any screws into aluminium posts need a little thread lock, but not too much, as you will need to disassemble in future for maintenance. Also, don't apply any grease to suspension parts. The dust just sticks and causes more wear! However, I do use the Tamiya AW grease on the CVDs.

There is a lot of negativity about the fragility of the car. All i can say is that mine, although new only had one screw come loose at the festival - top screw for the front hub. No breakages. I ran an 8.5T brushless. The drive train handled it well. You just need to be a little less aggressive on the throttle as there is no slipper clutch.
Thanks mate, so what about the rims? I bought a new set of Avante rims thinking they were 2.2" but they rnt...r the new Egress rims 2.2? Ie the black ones or even the pink ones for the black Avante special?

Hmm i thought i read the 2001 was spawned afyer the egress and original avante and fixed up some of the issues both had? Maybe i read wrong? If i find it again i will post it here..it basically runs through all the chassis evolutions Tamiya came out with..interesting read if ur into Tamiya's..which although i am not i seem to be getting more and more and spending all my time in them as apposed to my other cars! I now have 2 madcaps, Avante 2001, 2 Super Astutes, 2 Manta Rays and a lotus honda 99t f1 car...and i suppose i will be getting a stadium thunder or blitzer too now......man this has to stop somewhere...i mean really...! I generally get two cars as its a waaay cheaper source of spare parts..anyway thanks for the Egress info..!
Old 11-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks mate, so what about the rims? I bought a new set of Avante rims thinking they were 2.2" but they rnt...r the new Egress rims 2.2? Ie the black ones or even the pink ones for the black Avante special?

Hmm i thought i read the 2001 was spawned afyer the egress and original avante and fixed up some of the issues both had? Maybe i read wrong? If i find it again i will post it here..it basically runs through all the chassis evolutions Tamiya came out with..interesting read if ur into Tamiya's..which although i am not i seem to be getting more and more and spending all my time in them as apposed to my other cars! I now have 2 madcaps, Avante 2001, 2 Super Astutes, 2 Manta Rays and a lotus honda 99t f1 car...and i suppose i will be getting a stadium thunder or blitzer too now......man this has to stop somewhere...i mean really...! I generally get two cars as its a waaay cheaper source of spare parts..anyway thanks for the Egress info..!
From memory all the teardrop wheels are 2.0", which should be the same diameter as the original rear wheels on your Madcaps, Astutes and Manta Rays. For 2.2" in the Tamiya range, you'll need the DF-03 wheels.

I tend to think of the 2001 as the "sport" version of the Egress; differences mentioned here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/inde...60#entry534347
Old 11-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Klasukid is correct about rims. DF-03 rims are the way to go and you can get them in black, white or yellow. Its what I used at the festival to maintain Box Art look of the car. See picture.

Further, if you are a little stuck finding the DF-03 rims then Top Force standard rims also fit. However they only come in white or orange/red.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28-casso-2014-vintage-77-78-.jpg  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

3racing rims for DF-03 are another option....

Old 11-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ajford View Post

Man that looks super fat! My bmax iii rims fit the front and i also have df03 rims that fit, i just wasnt sure if the new release used the 2" rims...

Both your cars look super sweet! Cant wait to get mine going, although i will do a different paint scheme me thinks..thanks for the info etc..

I did manage to snap one of the fron gear box parts that joins the two halves together..the part that the body mount screws into, need to find one of those and a wing wite setup too. Grabbed a allow front and rear shock tower too for the original 2001...anway after rebuilding it i do like it more now, they kind of hook u in after u get over the 'why on earth would u design it like this' moments..
Old 11-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ajford View Post

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.