Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 TAMWORTH CUP / NSW-QLD CHALLENGE 18th-20th April / 12th Scale TOUR of NSW-ACT >

2014 TAMWORTH CUP / NSW-QLD CHALLENGE 18th-20th April / 12th Scale TOUR of NSW-ACT

2014 TAMWORTH CUP / NSW-QLD CHALLENGE 18th-20th April / 12th Scale TOUR of NSW-ACT

Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It was our first time at the Tamworth Cup this year and Johnny and I just wanted to thank everyone for a great weekend of racing. Spending the weekend in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere was fantastic. A very well run race meet. The club really looked after us. Congratulations to Greg Brooks who was awesome all weekend in the 12th scale Eurostock class. Thanks to all the Queenslanders who camped at the track. We enjoyed your company. What a road trip !
Old 04-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What a great weekend.
For such a small club you guys put on a great event and have a great facility.
I was warned prior to going how bumpy the track was. I didn't find it to bad and found the bumps gave the track it's own character. It's always good to get out their and experience different tracks.

Thanks to Todd, Tyler, Mark and John for organising a great event.
Also thanks to Daniel Cotton for the commentary in the last Stock final. Almost made me want to pull over and watch the epic battle at the front.

Sorry we didn't make the dinner on Sunday night, we lost track of time watching the F1.

Regards
Old 04-21-2014, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Superkarter View Post
What an awesome meeting! The computer ran like clock work, super friendly atmosphere and some superb racing.
Thanks Tim. Glad you and dad could come this year.

Yes, John has learnt an awful lot about running the event computer over the last few years. He even has a back up power supply to run the computer/pa etc, if main power was to go off. He is awsome with all that gear.

And for the Stock racing, it was absolutly awsome to watch. Yes i would have loved for either of our young guns to win. But it wasn't to be this year.
Congrats on your win.

See you next year.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by matrix101 View Post
Another great Tamworth Cup, been running there since 2006 and it's always a great event. Kudos to Todd, John and all the crew for a smooth run event. Had great fun in F1, though didn't have enough to catch Ian in the end, it was great value with all the guys in F1. See you again next year!
Thanks Brendan. Its fantastic that we have your continual support of our Tam Cup event.

See you maybe at the State Titles.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team La Spina View Post
It was our first time at the Tamworth Cup this year and Johnny and I just wanted to thank everyone for a great weekend of racing. Spending the weekend in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere was fantastic. A very well run race meet. The club really looked after us. Congratulations to Greg Brooks who was awesome all weekend in the 12th scale Eurostock class. Thanks to all the Queenslanders who camped at the track. We enjoyed your company. What a road trip !
Leo and Johhny, thanks for the kind words. We try our best to make everyone have a fantasic friendly weekend. We know we are out here in the middle of NSW and its a big comittment to come. So we want everyone to have a good time. And hopefully everyone can do it all again next year.

As you see there is not many of us and thus it is a whole lot of work, but the end result is a super fantasic weekend. Which makes it all worth while.

Good luck with your racing this year Johnny. I'm sure you be at No1 real soon.

Cheers
Todd
Old 04-21-2014, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
What a great weekend.
For such a small club you guys put on a great event and have a great facility.
I was warned prior to going how bumpy the track was. I didn't find it to bad and found the bumps gave the track it's own character. It's always good to get out their and experience different tracks.

Thanks to Todd, Tyler, Mark and John for organising a great event.
Also thanks to Daniel Cotton for the commentary in the last Stock final. Almost made me want to pull over and watch the epic battle at the front.

Sorry we didn't make the dinner on Sunday night, we lost track of time watching the F1.

Regards
Yes Dan, it was a great weekend thanks to everyone.

Thanks for the kind words. We are always trying our best with this event and our facilities. To make them better every year.

As for the bumby track, we fixed some of those issues before the Tam Cup. Thus the darker sections and the start/finish line. But there is still some character in the track. You need character !!!

And yes the Stock final was really great to watch, with the 3 fastest racers going real hard. Its always good to see close finals.

Thats alright about dinner, i thought you guys might settle in to a night of F1 and maybe a few cool drinks. Cheers

Also Dan, thanks for coming up to do a race weekend report. Can't wait to see it.

See you at the States

Todd
Old 04-21-2014, 04:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I would like to thank ALL the Tamworth crew for another well run event.

I failed to thank you guys when receiving my TQ trophy for F1 as I was not in a good mood after the manoeuvre on the main straight of a car I was passing in leg 2 of the finals which spun my car and caused it to be T-Boned by another car ( no fault of this car) which ended my weekend.

I think it is the first time in all the events I have attended that no apology came from the person at fault, not on the drivers stand or during the afternoon. Damaged included broken side link, broken rear axle and smashed receiver.

Thanks again to the Tamworth crew

Robert
Old 04-21-2014, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobtheracer View Post

I failed to thank you guys when receiving my TQ trophy for F1 as I was not in a good mood after the manoeuvre on the main straight of a car I was passing in leg 2 of the finals which spun my car and caused it to be T-Boned by another car ( no fault of this car) which ended my weekend.

I think it is the first time in all the events I have attended that no apology came from the person at fault, not on the drivers stand or during the afternoon. Damaged included broken side link, broken rear axle and smashed receiver.

Robert
That might have been me - I moved to the outside on the straight to let a faster car go on the inside and then my car spun 90 degree left for some reason and took out the car passing me. Not sure who it was but might have been you. I make it a habit to apologise on the drivers stand for every incident I am involved in whether I am in the right or wrong so pretty sure I would have for that one where I was definitely in the wrong. Maybe I didn't or maybe you didn't hear me but if that was the incident and I was the guilty party let me apologise again.

I hadn't realised till now that you were out of the last two finals. If it was me then I apologise again.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRAYGIZMO View Post
Thanks Tim. Glad you and dad could come this year.

Yes, John has learnt an awful lot about running the event computer over the last few years. He even has a back up power supply to run the computer/pa etc, if main power was to go off. He is awesome with all that gear.

And for the Stock racing, it was absolutely awesome to watch. Yes i would have loved for either of our young guns to win. But it wasn't to be this year.
Congrats on your win.

See you next year.
That last final felt like the Nationals all over again, I came off the stand and my hands were shaking and if I had a heart rate monitor on it would have probably shown some alarming numbers

Definitely be back next year
Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Just to chip, was a good event for sure. Todd and the rest of the tamworth crew ran a great event, which was really enjoyable, despite my actual racing not being up to much this weekend... learnt a few lessons though, which is a positive

Cheers
Ed
Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Just to chip, was a good event for sure. Todd and the rest of the tamworth crew ran a great event, which was really enjoyable, despite my actual racing not being up to much this weekend... learnt a few lessons though, which is a positive

Cheers
Ed
Lesson 1 always listen to Tyson lol
Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bobtheracer View Post

Robert
Rob,Thanks for the kind words.

Sorry, i didn't realise your car was that damaged. I could see you were not on the grid for the last final. But didn't realise why. I can understand why you were not in a very good mood, after TQing and possible taking out your first class win at a Tam Cup. I know everyone say, its a racing incident. But its still frustrating.

Now i see Heavy has appolagised if it was him. He is a gentleman on the track and i have personaly heard him appologise many times for mistakes while racing. I honestly can't remember what cars were involved.

I hope you can get by this, and come join us again next year and get that No1 trophy.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Superkarter View Post
That last final felt like the Nationals all over again, I came off the stand and my hands were shaking and if I had a heart rate monitor on it would have probably shown some alarming numbers

Definitely be back next year
Tim, you shake and sweat CHAMP.

And do it all again next year.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard View Post

Cheers
Ed
Thanks Ed, glad you could come this year. Hope you get the chance to come along next year.

See you at a track somewhere soon.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Would off liked to have made this event but due to it being Easter weekend I was unable to make it due to work. Leave wasn't allowed and hopefully I can make it next year.

Todd ,any thoughts on next years date possibly.

Brendon

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.