Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
RC Race Supplies 2013 AARCMCC EP OFF ROAD VIC TITLES 29/11 to 1/12 @ WODONGA >

RC Race Supplies 2013 AARCMCC EP OFF ROAD VIC TITLES 29/11 to 1/12 @ WODONGA

RC Race Supplies 2013 AARCMCC EP OFF ROAD VIC TITLES 29/11 to 1/12 @ WODONGA

Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Truck tyres

Please let me explain,
Truck (10.5) is an AARCMCC championship class, so it is not a demo class.
There is not change to a control tyre for truck for this event.
The AARCMCC rule state that the club holding the state championship must guarantee ample supplies of any of the nominated control tyres, as the brand we are using in all the other classes (AKA) doesn't yet make a truck tyre (they do have some in the works), we would have to have gone with another brand for that one class and therefore another importer. As such, we couldn't guarantee supply as we were told that another importer may want all the classes of control tyres not just on class.
We also didn't want to force drivers onto a tyre that was wrong for the track surface. eg; high wear.
This isn't the first AARCMCC championship to go this way as last years Tassie state titles also ran an open tyre for truck and we got AARCMCC approval to do the same at this state championship.
I hope this clears up this matter.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Canada 95
Please let me explain,
Truck (10.5) is an AARCMCC championship class, so it is not a demo class.
There is not change to a control tyre for truck for this event.
The AARCMCC rule state that the club holding the state championship must guarantee ample supplies of any of the nominated control tyres, as the brand we are using in all the other classes (AKA) doesn't yet make a truck tyre (they do have some in the works), we would have to have gone with another brand for that one class and therefore another importer. As such, we couldn't guarantee supply as we were told that another importer may want all the classes of control tyres not just on class.
We also didn't want to force drivers onto a tyre that was wrong for the track surface. eg; high wear.
This isn't the first AARCMCC championship to go this way as last years Tassie state titles also ran an open tyre for truck and we got AARCMCC approval to do the same at this state championship.
I hope this clears up this matter.
So what tyre works on the track?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

entry form has been updated in my first post. Due to aarcmcc not offering 21.5 / 540 we will offer 2wd and 4wd 21.5 / 540, these classes will be run to orrca rules which will mean that control tyre rules will still aply. The classes need to have a minimum of 4 entries in and paid by the cut off date or they will not be run. If either class is not eligable then competitors in that class will be able to enter into the relevant stock class.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default m

great news now its worth the trip
Old 09-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B4 Willo
So what tyre works on the track?
Well, as far as truck tyres go, ill be taking a guess as i didn't run truck at the drivers series round at wodonga. You could ask one of the drivers that ran truck what they found worked well?
I would be looking at maybe a bar type tyre in medium compound eg; losi red, jc blue, to be the fastest tyre by the sunday raceday as track should be very rubbered up. Maybe a m3 holeshot if we get rain or the morning is cold.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Will the track be available for practice on Thursday. I know its open to the public everyday but has the club got maintenance planned for that day. Thank you and looking forward to this event.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well, as far as truck tyres go, ill be taking a guess as i didn't run truck at the drivers series round at wodonga. You could ask one of the drivers that ran truck what they found worked well?
I would be looking at maybe a bar type tyre in medium compound eg; losi red, jc blue, to be the fastest tyre by the sunday raceday as track should be very rubbered up. Maybe a m3 holeshot if we get rain or the morning is cold.
Thanks
Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
Will the track be available for practice on Thursday. I know its open to the public everyday but has the club got maintenance planned for that day. Thank you and looking forward to this event.
Track will be open Thursday for untimed practice.
We should have any last minute track work finished on Wednesday, eg;mowing grass and tidying up.
Hopefully we will have somebody on hand Thursday to keep surface watered and blown down as needed to develop a top racing surface as was done at drivers series round.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Track will be open Thursday for untimed practice.
We should have any last minute track work finished on Wednesday, eg;mowing grass and tidying up.
Hopefully we will have somebody on hand Thursday to keep surface watered and blown down as needed to develop a top racing surface as was done at drivers series round.
Thank you for that. If I am there on Thursday and there is no available club member to give a hand then i am more than happy to help where I can.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Wooky ...Rubinho is talking to Sauber for next year!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Big Show
Hey Wooky ...Rubinho is talking to Sauber for next year!
Is he hoping to get the job of the crew member that holds the spare rear jack at the pitstop just in case 1st jack breaks??
Old 09-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Is he hoping to get the job of the crew member that holds the spare rear jack at the pitstop just in case 1st jack breaks??
Rubens is a world championship waiting to happen...
Old 09-30-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

....all I want now is Bruno Senna in a Mclaren Honda!!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default m

ygpm big show neeeeeeeeeeeeeed
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Big Show
....all I want now is Bruno Senna in a Mclaren Honda!!
Does Mclaren have a 2 seater he can ride in the back of?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.