Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 Keilor Cup - Vic Drivers Series Round 4 >

2013 Keilor Cup - Vic Drivers Series Round 4

2013 Keilor Cup - Vic Drivers Series Round 4

Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 AM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
B4 Willo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 688
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default 2013 Keilor Cup - Vic Drivers Series Round 4

Sunday 11 August, 2013

Entry fee $15 first class, $10 for subsequent classes

Classes:
2wd - 540/21.5, Stock, Modified
4wd - Stock, Modified
Truck - Stock (10.5)
2wd SCT Stock (10.5)

3 qualifying heats for all classes. 3 finals for all classes (time permitting)
Staggered start qualifying, grid start finals

Racing starts 8am - drivers meeting at 7:30am

AARCMCC/ORRCA Victoria rules will apply
Minimum four entries required for class to be run
Open tyre event

Food and drinks will be available on race day only

Entries close at 5pm on 9 August 2013
No late entries will be accepted - no exceptions - payment must be received prior to 8am on Sunday 11 August 2013


Entry form here:
http://www.keilorrc.org.au/keilor_cup_entry.htm

Entry list here:
http://www.keilorrc.org.au/keilor_cup_entry_list.htm
B4 Willo is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:26 AM
  #2  
Tech Adept
 
Sc Sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: melbourne
Posts: 197
Default

Entry done and paid.
Sc Sandman is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
shanemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Entry done - payment to follow........21.5T 2WD for me
shanemac is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:47 PM
  #4  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Default

Why no SCT Mod? There was SCT Mod last year and I'm sure there will be many people wanting this class added.

Me included.
mozzy is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:57 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
shanemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mozzy View Post
Why no SCT Mod?
Probably because (and these are just my thoughts) :-

1. It is not a class in the Drivers Series or the Interclub Shield....

and

2. Time constraints associated with a 1-day event.

Cheers

Shane
shanemac is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by shanemac View Post
Probably because (and these are just my thoughts) :-

1. It is not a class in the Drivers Series or the Interclub Shield....

and

2. Time constraints associated with a 1-day event.

Cheers

Shane
Yeah, and your point? You don't even run the class!


MY point is that it was run last year and the expectation is that it will be run this year as well.

They ran it at the Nats, so, why not???

Don't give me BS excuses either. It was run last year and they found the time, so, it should be run this year as well.

21.5 gets to run and that isn't a sanctioned class either.

Last edited by mozzy; 07-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.
mozzy is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 10:38 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
shanemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

4WD SCT is not a ORRCA Vic sanctioned class as far as I'm aware , and 21.5T/540 is.......and since we are running the ORRCA Vic Interclub Shield/Drivers Series I guess that is the reason why 21.5T gets a go and 4WD SCT doesn't.

I'm not saying it to make a point or create controversy , just telling it as I see it.

The Nats is an AARCMCC event and the host club ran the class as a demo , not a full championship class.
shanemac is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by shanemac View Post
4WD SCT is not a ORRCA Vic sanctioned class as far as I'm aware , and 21.5T/540 is.......and since we are running the ORRCA Vic Interclub Shield/Drivers Series I guess that is the reason why 21.5T gets a go and 4WD SCT doesn't.

I'm not saying it to make a point or create controversy , just telling it as I see it.

The Nats is an AARCMCC event and the host club ran the class as a demo , not a full championship class.
Yes, I understand Mildura ran it at their discretion just like they ran 21.5 at the Nats, but, it still doesn't answer why it was run last year and not this year.

I was told last year that it wasn't running, but, then they say at the last minute it is being run which left it too late for me to enter.

I was hoping it would be run again this year.

Very disappointing especially when I know of 5 people off the top of my head that want to run this class.
mozzy is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 01:22 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
shanemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mozzy View Post
Yes, I understand Mildura ran it at their discretion just like they ran 21.5 at the Nats, but, it still doesn't answer why it was run last year and not this year.

I was told last year that it wasn't running, but, then they say at the last minute it is being run which left it too late for me to enter.

I was hoping it would be run again this year.

Very disappointing especially when I know of 5 people off the top of my head that want to run this class.
Like I said , I'm only giving my angle on it all. If you want a definitive answer contact a committee member via the website.
shanemac is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 AM
  #10  
Tech Rookie
 
Clinton.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Carrum Downs
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by shanemac View Post
Like I said , I'm only giving my angle on it all. If you want a definitive answer contact a committee member via the website.
Definitive....Can you define that..?
Clinton. is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 01:53 AM
  #11  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by shanemac View Post
Like I said , I'm only giving my angle on it all. If you want a definitive answer contact a committee member via the website.
Yeah, I understand. I'm just trying to understand how the decision gets made to run it one year and not the next.

Perhaps it could be considered?
mozzy is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 03:03 AM
  #12  
Suspended
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Maybe with all the puddles there at the moment, a Salmon might jump out and feed on a Mozzy.
Raven Mad is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 03:33 AM
  #13  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by Raven Mad View Post
Maybe with all the puddles there at the moment, a Salmon might jump out and feed on a Mozzy.
Hahahaa, smart khaaarnt, hey Gloria?

You'll get yours in truck IF you actually enter!
mozzy is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 06:48 AM
  #14  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
pRiNgLeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Clinton. View Post
Definitive....Can you define that..?
nek minnet........
pRiNgLeS is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by mozzy View Post
Yes, I understand Mildura ran it at their discretion just like they ran 21.5 at the Nats, but, it still doesn't answer why it was run last year and not this year.

I was told last year that it wasn't running, but, then they say at the last minute it is being run which left it too late for me to enter.

I was hoping it would be run again this year.

Very disappointing especially when I know of 5 people off the top of my head that want to run this class.
Dry your eyes mate...
Mike Skinner is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.