Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 ORRCA QLD EP Offroad Championships 8-9 Jun 2013 >

2013 ORRCA QLD EP Offroad Championships 8-9 Jun 2013

2013 ORRCA QLD EP Offroad Championships 8-9 Jun 2013

Old 04-15-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2013 ORRCA QLD EP Offroad Championships 8-9 Jun 2013

Welcome to the Official Thread for the 2013 ORRCA QLD EP Offroad Championships. Townsville Model Offroad Club Inc (TMORC) will be hosting this Event over the 8-9 Jun 2013 and having hosted past National and QLD Titles events in the past it is sure to be an event to put on your racing calendar.

Attached is the Information pack containing;
  • Rules
  • Race Format
  • Classes
  • Control Tyre Specification
  • Nomination Forms
  • Costs & Payment Details
  • Accomodation Details; and
  • Contacts

Hope to see you there

Brad Thaggard
TMORC Secretary

Last edited by 8th Scale Brad; 04-15-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Woo hoo

Lookin forward to it !!!
Can't wait !!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this sanctioned thru the Australian governing body? If so how did you get bye the control tyre ruling and be allowed to run an open insert?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
Is this sanctioned thru the Australian governing body? If so how did you get bye the control tyre ruling and be allowed to run an open insert?
I don't believe the event is sanctioned by AARCMCC Tod. ORRCA Qld rules apply.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

AARCMCC was approached to come on board with this as a lot of drivers around Australia wanted to attend if it was approved, but AARCMCC declined, from what I was informed
Old 04-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes AARCMCC was approached to sanction the event and have declined. We have been told they won't sanction any events unless the host club has AARCMCC insurance.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

thanks guys no worries I hope you have an awesome event
Old 04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by john h
Yes AARCMCC was approached to sanction the event and have declined. We have been told they won't sanction any events unless the host club has AARCMCC insurance.
Are you talking about AARCMCC affiliation, or insurance? Surely it's affiliation that is important and the insurance is a part of that?

Last edited by ScottyP; 04-16-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyP
Are you talking about AARCMCC affiliation, or insurance? Surely it's affiliation that is important and the insurance is a part of that?

Last time I checked AARCMCC wasn't in the business of selling insurance.
AARCMCC have a group insurance policy that affiliated clubs can buy into as of late last year. The AARCMCC insurance package includes public liability, personal injury insurance for racers, travel insurance to and from meetings and indemnity insurance. Taking out the insurance option isn't a requirement of affiliation.

To host an AARCMCC sanctioned event a club has to be AARCMCC affiliated and meet some other requirements, one of which is a certain insurance standard. Those clubs who have joined the AARCMCC insurance scheme meet the standard. Other affiliated clubs can still host sanctioned events if their policy meets the standard AARCMCC require. There is some talk about the standard being raised, I'm not sure where that is up to.

Probably more of an issue is dual sanctioning. An announcement was made at the AGM 2 weeks ago that AARCMCC would no longer dual sanction any State Championship with another body. It was made clear that this decision was taken after one particular body (that I won't name here) behaved in an obstructionist way involving legal proceedings. The concept of dual sanctioning has always been hard to reconcile with the AARCMCC rules, and really I think this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Well that along with the confusion over World Championship qualifying points at the end of last year.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radio Active
AARCMCC have a group insurance policy that affiliated clubs can buy into as of late last year. The AARCMCC insurance package includes public liability, personal injury insurance for racers, travel insurance to and from meetings and indemnity insurance. Taking out the insurance option isn't a requirement of affiliation.

To host an AARCMCC sanctioned event a club has to be AARCMCC affiliated and meet some other requirements, one of which is a certain insurance standard. Those clubs who have joined the AARCMCC insurance scheme meet the standard. Other affiliated clubs can still host sanctioned events if their policy meets the standard AARCMCC require. There is some talk about the standard being raised, I'm not sure where that is up to.
Thanks for clarifying Daniel.

Bottom line is that it's a shame this event is not sanctioned as it will hurt attendance.

Best of luck to the organisers and all attending.

Cheers,
Scott
Old 04-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyP
Thanks for clarifying Daniel.

Bottom line is that it's a shame this event is not sanctioned as it will hurt attendance.

Best of luck to the organisers and all attending.

Cheers,
Scott
Thanks Scott,

They always put on a great event in the 'Ville!

We'll miss racing with you and the Cheeseman this year, but as for lack of Ifmar points, I believe the vast majority of racers don't give a shit about going to the worlds, so attendance will be like every other year or better!

See you in 2014 maybe?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not to mention the spectacular weather up here that time of year.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What classes will be run on what days, I had a look at info pack and it does not mention it?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Radio Active

Probably more of an issue is dual sanctioning. An announcement was made at the AGM 2 weeks ago that AARCMCC would no longer dual sanction any State Championship with another body. It was made clear that this decision was taken after one particular body (that I won't name here) behaved in an obstructionist way involving legal proceedings. The concept of dual sanctioning has always been hard to reconcile with the AARCMCC rules, and really I think this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Well that along with the confusion over World Championship qualifying points at the end of last year.
Daniel, the truth is a completely different story, ORRCA QLD has no problems with AARCMCC and the clubs but the executive committee has done some things of late that are not in the best interest of their affiliated clubs.
I won't continue any further discussion on the subject on this thread, but if anyone is interested can ask questions on the ORRCA Qld thread.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john h
Daniel, the truth is a completely different story, ORRCA QLD has no problems with AARCMCC and the clubs but the executive committee has done some things of late that are not in the best interest of their affiliated clubs.
I won't continue any further discussion on the subject on this thread, but if anyone is interested can ask questions on the ORRCA Qld thread.
I was just relating what was said, and only because it was relevant to the discussion here. I'm always happy to hear both sides of a story. I'll follow the other thread.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.