Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 Castle Hill Vintage EOFYS 300 (enduro) >

2013 Castle Hill Vintage EOFYS 300 (enduro)

2013 Castle Hill Vintage EOFYS 300 (enduro)

Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok we're getting to crunch time. We've got to set the cutoff date at the 2nd of June to have 6 nominated teams for the event to go ahead

So far we've got

1. Mikeys team
2. Special K racing
3. Jimbos team (needs drivers)

So we need 3 more teams to nominate to get this event happening!! Drag out those old cars, grab a few friends and give this event a go. It's a blast!!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Where's Team Baggz? Surely they can't be too scared to enter.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, we’re always listening to feedback about the NSW vintage events as you know and a few people have been letting us know that they’d run the Castle Hill Vintage enduro if they could just drive their own car, which we understand. (I still cringe a little when driving an egress or something else rare and expensive that’s not mine)

The other concern linked to that is of course, 5 hours is a long time to put on one car so if the load can be shared over 2,3 or 4 cars, it would be better for a lot of people, especially interstaters who would have to travel a long way and would be rather disappointed if their challenge ended early on as they can’t have a backup car.

With all that in mind we’ve had a chat and are looking at opening the event to multiple car teams, it would be your choice, run 1 car, run 1 car with a backup, 2 cars, 3 cars or 4, the criteria though would be 1 transponder only, so if everyone runs their own car, you’ll need to make sure the transponder can be easily transferred between cars. The club transponders may not last 5 hours, so we are recommending personal transponders, transponder must be placed inside the car ie not externally on the wing or on the outside of the body, so just find a spot In everyone’s car, put a bit of Velcro on and away you go.

Happy to accept feedback from both sides, I know there are people who feel a pure enduro should be one car, the option is there for those people to run the event with one car one (I’ll be doing that, but would have a back up car in case). The other thing to remember would be the hand out motors, team entry includes one motor, I’ll talk to our suppliers and see what we’re looking at for additional motors, but it’d more than likely be $12-$15 per motor

Cheers

Mikey
Old 06-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

ok quick update, looks like we might have an interstater or two making their way to our humble event!! hopefully we'll see some more teams announced shortly

Trev the alycat guru has been in touch and let me know that alycat can cope with multiple transponders for one team!! what does that mean? you can run your own transponder in your car, no need to change them over during pits stops, we'll just need the numbers to put them in the system.

How it will work is teams with multiple transponders will pull into pits, there will be a compulsory pit stop time of 1 minute, then the fresh car can be released. This will offset a standard pit stop time for a battery change if using one car as well as allow time for teams with 3 drivers to more easily do changes and still maintain a marshal in position without being disadvantaged

With the added interest we'll keep the event open and look forward to confirming more teams in the coming weeks

cheers

Mikey
Old 06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

What happens if a driver using his car, has a breakage and it cannot be fixed within the minute or half hour allocated. eg a gearbox failure. Can that team put another car from their team on the track or will they just have to try and fix the car within the half hour allocated to each driver and have no track time for that period?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah good question. The simple answer is, yes you can substitute cars to other drivers.

As long as each guy gets 30 mins driving time, it doesn't matter which car/cars he drives as long as the broken car is brought back to the pits, the compulsory minute is waited, then out he goes with a different car. It'd be the teams call. Personally I'd do a driver and car change at that point and let the guy fix his car. Each driver doesn't have to do the 30 mins in one hit if he drives 5 mins at the start and his car breaks down, he can do the remaining 25 later when his car is working again

Hope that helps. Seriously we want this to be pretty easy for people, ask as many questions as you need
Old 06-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Thanx man - just wanted others to know what to do in that instance.

Who else can drive well with Sticks? Would be good to have Me, Daniel and (insert name) in a team.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You dont need all drivers to use sticks..with the format changes it makes life easy for all.
They can use own radio for own car..
Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Yeah - for this change in the format - it wouldnt matter. But in the other format, its hard to get 3 Stick drivers lol.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ViGiLaNtE351
Yeah - for this change in the format - it wouldnt matter. But in the other format, its hard to get 3 Stick drivers lol.

Cheers
One solution is to use a frequency set-up where you have a wheel radio and stick radio that work with the same receiver = no rebinding.

Eden Watson and I are using that solution to share driving our prototype 12th scale at the moment with a minimum of fuss. I'm using my Vantage II, and Eden is using a MARS, both KO 27 MHz radios.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Both AM radios... If we did that with 2.4G we would have to rebind in each pitstop - which wouldnt be a hassle really if we have 1min and all we have to do is a battery change.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Both AM radios... If we did that with 2.4G we would have to rebind in each pitstop - which wouldnt be a hassle really if we have 1min and all we have to do is a battery change.

Cheers
They're FM radios, not AM (so much less glitching), but otherwise yes.

You should be able to do a stop in far less than a minute though. Mikey will have the exact figure but I reckon I was doing them in about 20-25 seconds in 2011.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Cheers
Yeah the 1 min wait only applies to people changing cars which I assume we'll be a few teams so if you can rebind and battery change in under a minute you'll be better off.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Mikey - more questions.

Who will be keeping an eye on the 1 minute stops. Own team members or will there be a "pit boss timekeeper" as such?

Cheers
Old 06-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

My thoughts were it would be a honour system coupled with an opposing team timing it. Ie a team is about to pit, the guy says Hey Mikey can you time the stop and that's it. Again we want it pretty simple like the 30 minute drive time rule. No one will be timing it but we expect (hope/assume) teams will do the right thing

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.