Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
Masters Event at TFTR Victoria EP On Road – 8-10 Feb 2013 >

Masters Event at TFTR Victoria EP On Road – 8-10 Feb 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Masters Event at TFTR Victoria EP On Road – 8-10 Feb 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Battery Ruling

The rule states "
Any 2 cell Hard-cased approved 7.4 Lipo packs as listed on the ROAR website, or EFRA website or BRCA website."

The battery in question is an Intellect 6000 80C which has only recently gone on sale. It has a "ROAR Approved" sticker but is not on one of the above lists. Therefore it is not currently legal. ROAR rules state they will update their list around 31 Jan so it may become legal prior to the Masters.

Research identified how a battery might have a sticker but not be on the list:

The ROAR Rule Book states:

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/2010_ROAR_Rule_Book.pdf

8.3.2.2 That batteries must have the ROAR approved sticker on them across the seam of the battery as an anti-tampering tell-tale. Presumably Intellect put the sticker on, submit the battery for approval expecting the ok to be given and put the batteries on sale. But there is a time period where the batteries are on sale and ROAR have not yet tested and approved. This is misleading the consumer given that ROAR approval has not yet been granted.

8.3.1.3 states that packs submitted prior to 1 Jan will be approved/declined by 31 Jan. Therefore it is possible that the battery might be approved by ROAR prior to the Masters (assuming Intellect submitted it). If it is on the ROAR list by Sat Feb 9 when the competition commences then it will be legal to use. If not then it's not legal and if picked up during scrutineering the driver will be penalised.

The rule exists for the safety, and competition fairness, for all competitors.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by onroad racer
I have the thunderpower battery's are they ok ?
You'll need to search for the particular model of battery that you have on the lists (links in previous posts).
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thank you Dave for you help with this situation, fully understand. I'll cross my fingers but won't hold my breath. It's made me more aware to check the right list next time before buying batteries in the future.

Karl
Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for clarifying. Will wait till I see them on the list then.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi
Can anyone recommend a 540 pro ratio for thunder power 21.5 im on 4.0 but am a lap of the pack maybe and 2 laps off the leader consistency seems to be decent
this info was taken from my best run a the last tftr meet but just hope i can be on the pace for the masters because i will be away for the last no points round this weekend so therefore cannot continue playing with ratio and end bell
Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

An international entry - Rupert Keiller from Canada in Mini.

71 entries and counting - under 2 weeks to get your entry in!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Masters entry in.

Entry in for Mini & Blinky

Hey Dave need to let you know what the PT numbers are once ive got the AMB ones in hand.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

77 entries so far with just over a week to go - keep 'em coming!

This weekend is the last club race meeting prior to the Masters so come down and get some practice in. Sun 27 Jan. All welcome!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AleD123
Hi
Can anyone recommend a 540 pro ratio for thunder power 21.5 im on 4.0 but am a lap of the pack maybe and 2 laps off the leader consistency seems to be decent
this info was taken from my best run a the last tftr meet but just hope i can be on the pace for the masters because i will be away for the last no points round this weekend so therefore cannot continue playing with ratio and end bell
4.0:1 is too high for 21.5 under the new rules to be competitive. Drop down a little at a time keeping an eye on motor temps. 80C at the end of a 6 minute run is the danger zone so stay below 80C. Advance your motor timing as well. Not sure of end bell timing on the Thunder Power (someone else might be able to assist with that) but advance it a little at a time, watching temps.

In VTA, which is also 21.5 Blinky, I run 3.2:1 with close to full end bell timing with a fan on the motor but no heat sink (as it won't fit ). If you can fit a heat sink put it on.

Don't and I mean DO NOT just jump to my settings and run your car for 6 minutes in 30C+ air temp and hope for the best. Your motor might well die. If I were you I'd drop to around 3.5:1, add 10 degrees of motor timing, put your car on the track and temp it EVERY 1 minute. If that's ok after 6 minutes then you can add a little more timing or go up a tooth on the pinion, let the motor cool and try again. Don't overheat your motor as it will become an expensive paperweight quick smart
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is the 10th Masters that TFTR has run.

We now have 93 entries, and counting, which is a new record for the Masters (refer to the entry list on the first post of this thread).

Entries are still open until this Friday 1 Feb so if you don't want to miss out on a great weekends racing on 9-10 Feb then get your entry in.

www.tftr.org.au/masters
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Looks like the 2013 masters is going to be a great event with the biggest entry numbers so far the racing should be very competitive in all classes
Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

98 entries and counting. A nice spread across the classes. Entries close Friday - don't miss out!

A reminder that if you've entered but not yet paid that we need to receive your payment by Friday please.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://feralbatteries.3dcartstores.c...lipo_p_71.html

can someone tell me if i can run these in mini at the masters
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by numnut862
http://feralbatteries.3dcartstores.c...lipo_p_71.html

can someone tell me if i can run these in mini at the masters
This battery is on the ROAR approved list so no problem. Cheers
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

For those waiting on battery approval, ROAR have updated the list from what I see today.

http://www.roarracing.org/approvals/...php?ordby=desc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.