Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 AARCMCC Offroad IC Nationals >

2013 AARCMCC Offroad IC Nationals

2013 AARCMCC Offroad IC Nationals

Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2013 AARCMCC Offroad IC Nationals

was wondering when we will likely to see the 2013 IC offroad nationals on slyfox so we can register for the event

regards

Nudge
Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The silence is deafening............ I have time off work booked, Airline tickets booked and the hire car, just want to enter........
Old 11-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi All,

We recently published a 2013 calendar for the AARCMCC IC Off Road section. As some of you may be aware, there have since been some changes within the Shepparton club that have resulted in them no longer being willing or able to host the 2013 Nationals. As a result, the event will now be hosted by the Melbourne Off Road R/C Club on March 21-24.

We realise that this may be a less than ideal situation for some (especially those with accommodation or holidays booked), but we’ve considered all possible alternatives and feel that this is the most reasonable outcome.

Entries will be open on Slyfox within the next few days and further details will follow soon.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Interesting. This means that we'll have the IC OFR Nats in Melbourne then Easter the next weekend then the EP OFR Nats in Mildura the weekend after that. I believe Mildura are holding a Nats warm-up on Easter Monday and have some sort of sponsorship thing going on with the local tourism organisation, so this could work out quite well for some.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys an extra $300 bucks in air faires alone!!! as I now have to change my bookings. Who do I send the bill to Shepperton club or AARCMCC????

You try to do the right thing and get a pineapple inserted dry!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Don't think there is anyone to blame mate, i could understand your frustration but i think AARCMCC Have done an excellent job sorting it out this soon. Also don't think you should blame shep, looks like it's just one of those things that happen from time too time.

Either way hope you still make it morbcc do a top job at events.

Cheers simon
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Thanks guys an extra $300 bucks in air faires alone!!! as I now have to change my bookings. Who do I send the bill to Shepperton club or AARCMCC????

You try to do the right thing and get a pineapple inserted dry!!!!
Hey mate,

Whilst the extra airfare you have to pay isn't ideal, it is not AARCMCC's fault in the slightest. In actual fact they are doing everything they can to make sure that the event is going to be the best it can!

Due to thing out of AARCMCC's control the venue HAD to be changed.

Sunshine will do a great job and the event will be cheaper for all havin to just fly into Melbourne, as opposed to then driving to shep after getting to Melbourne.

Dont lay blame to Jarrod, he works very hard behind the scenes to make the 1/8 scene the best it can be.

Cheers
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sunshine has been waiting in the wings in regards to this matter with a back up plan of hosting the nationals if things went south, once Shep's committee resigned and declared that they could not run the event the guys at AARCMAC got right onto it and with in a week the venue change was announced.

As an RC racer you cant ask for much better than that from anyone, its a shame that some will be out of pocket a few dollars but im sure that plenty will infact save money by this venue change and for those that attended the vics this year know what type of event they have to look forward too, here is a video during the heats just to wet the whistl of those that did not attend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STrjz...WMQru-iCYgNAFA
Old 11-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Here is a driver stand view also, the track will change but the groove should be fantastic yet again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNbi5...WMQru-iCYgNAFA
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Looks very European with the big layout and a few bumps here and there. Clay looks good with plenty of grip.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smelly62 View Post
Looks very European with the big layout and a few bumps here and there. Clay looks good with plenty of grip.
Dont under estimate the rhythm jump section in the middle. Its made greater drivers than me look silly.

I'm sure the track will be changed before March
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=hyper7vspec;11486438]Hey mate,

Whilst the extra airfare you have to pay isn't ideal, it is not AARCMCC's fault in the slightest. In actual fact they are doing everything they can to make sure that the event is going to be the best it can!

Sunshine will do a great job and the event will be cheaper for all havin to just fly into Melbourne, as opposed to then driving to shep after getting to Melbourne.

Dont lay blame to Jarrod, he works very hard behind the scenes to make the 1/8 scene the best it can be.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Having been to this years Nationals in Canberra and attending the AGM that was at the track I was very impressed with the mature discussion that took place regarding several points that were raised. I was particlarly impressed with Jarrods knowledge on topics and came away with the feeling that under his guidance the sport would prosper.

I did notice at the end of the Nationals everyone was talking about seeing everyone in QLD for next years Nationals as Vic was due to hold it but no host club could be found. A month or so later I found the Nats were back on in Victoria.

As round 3 in Qld this year was oversubscribed I thought that the Nats in Vic in 2013 may suffer the same fate. I kept checking the Aarcmcc site for the new calendar as I have to get in at work at least 6 months in advance to book time off. Before it was released I had an idea of when it would be so I was already checking airfares. Finally it was released, but airfares had already gone up! I booked immediately to save myself more cost. I had the hire car booked the drive planned from Melb to Shepparton etc.

I guess I was just upset that all my well layed plans went out the window. I did have a win and a loss though. I rebooked my flights on another airline as they had a sale on and saved $400!!! However the original airline doesn't give refunds, only credit notes so I have a $1000 worth of credit to use sometime next year!

I don't know what happened at the Shepperton club in that they can no longer hold the Nationals, but do sympathise with them as I was the President of a sporting club for 9 years and had to deal with all sorts of problems and Agenda's.

At this stage all I can say is Bring on the NATS in 2013
Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Gunna;11491291]
Originally Posted by hyper7vspec View Post
Hey mate,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Having been to this years Nationals in Canberra and attending the AGM that was at the track I was very impressed with the mature discussion that took place regarding several points that were raised. I was particlarly impressed with Jarrods knowledge on topics and came away with the feeling that under his guidance the sport would prosper.

I did notice at the end of the Nationals everyone was talking about seeing everyone in QLD for next years Nationals as Vic was due to hold it but no host club could be found. A month or so later I found the Nats were back on in Victoria.

As round 3 in Qld this year was oversubscribed I thought that the Nats in Vic in 2013 may suffer the same fate. I kept checking the Aarcmcc site for the new calendar as I have to get in at work at least 6 months in advance to book time off. Before it was released I had an idea of when it would be so I was already checking airfares. Finally it was released, but airfares had already gone up! I booked immediately to save myself more cost. I had the hire car booked the drive planned from Melb to Shepparton etc.

I guess I was just upset that all my well layed plans went out the window. I did have a win and a loss though. I rebooked my flights on another airline as they had a sale on and saved $400!!! However the original airline doesn't give refunds, only credit notes so I have a $1000 worth of credit to use sometime next year!

I don't know what happened at the Shepperton club in that they can no longer hold the Nationals, but do sympathise with them as I was the President of a sporting club for 9 years and had to deal with all sorts of problems and Agenda's.

What airline are you using, etc? I only ask as we are coming from WA and it is only $418 return on Qantas. Your airfairs seem expensive.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Gunna;11491291]
Originally Posted by hyper7vspec View Post
Hey mate,

I would say post up details of the airline as there will be people looking to buy air line tickets and maybe you could use the credit to purchase them flights and they could transfer funds into your account, win win if it all falls into place
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

In a nutshell before the Nats date was announced Qantas flights were $189 each way (I'm booking for me and a friend) In the time it took to announce the date the flights went up to $229 each way on Qantas. Virgin was dearer at the time. I booked with Qantas total $914. Then the date was changed I looked into rebooking with Qantas, but it would now cost me another $300 to make a total of $1214!!!! I thought about doing this but decided to check Virgin again and they had a sale on $179 each way plus baggage. Yeeha I booked with virgin as I was saving $400+. Consequently I now have a credit note with Qantas for $914. I have to check the terms and conditions of the credit note, but am looking at another trip so I may use it for that.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.