Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 888 Race Engineering Large Scale On Road Sedan National Champions >

2012 888 Race Engineering Large Scale On Road Sedan National Champions

2012 888 Race Engineering Large Scale On Road Sedan National Champions

Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is there more mini,s swanny than on the list
Old 10-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes, there were a few more received on Sunday.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ladies and gentlemen, Start Your Engines
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

First time racing the Mini. Had an absolutely fantastastic weekend. The mini class was brilliant to drive in, a few big moments, but overall, was fast, furious, and reasonably clean. Every time I went on track I got quicker, so I'm very happy with that, even though I had some electronics failures during the course of the event.

In the Final I tried my best to keep out of the way of the faster drivers, but with 14 angry wasps, ripping up the blacktop, kaos was never far away, and the body work is bearing the scars. Eventually, it took it's toll on a few and one by one the field dwindled.
During the midrace, I was able to mix it with a couple of others, with some really close, clean racing for most of the race, it was very enjoyable. For the spectators it would have been a brilliant spectacle with so many cars on the track at one time. It certainly was from the drivers stand.

The sedan final was awesome to watch. The speed and precision of these drivers was something to admire.

Big thanks to RRCSA, and it's members and associates, in particular Matt, for the huge effort in co-ordinating an extraordinary event.
The camararderie of the mini class was great, everyone was willing to assist with tips, repairs and sometimes just messing around.
Caught up with a lot of people I haven't seen in many years, not only in the pit area, but among the spectators as well.

My weekend was topped off nicely in receiving the Concourse award for the Mini class, that was a nice surprise.