Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 ORRCA SHIELD - KNOX - JULY 29th - EP10 >

2012 ORRCA SHIELD - KNOX - JULY 29th - EP10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 ORRCA SHIELD - KNOX - JULY 29th - EP10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
MrT
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by john watkins
If your going to go there, why have Mildura as an ORRCA Vic club? If they are only going to race for Knox and Wadonga like last year? And yes all 4 bendigo drivers are running for Keilor.

I'm not trying to start anything here, however every single driver that races for Keilor at the interclub shield always have been and will be 100% financial members and supporters of the club, can all of the other participating clubs make the same claim?

Looking forward to this event , it's always a bunch of fun.
I would have thought the Bendigo club might have wanted to show some pride and raced as Bendigo for the first time.
Will the shield need to be engraved "KEILOR/BENDIGO" for this year?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrT
I would have thought the Bendigo club might have wanted to show some pride and raced as Bendigo for the first time.
Thats a big assumption that we will win........ or are you giving up already?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr RC Centre
[SIZE="4"]

Going forward this event needs to be scrapped the shield should remain and be a combination of points at each round of the drivers series based on the current shield rule (2 per class for points etc....) like a constructors championship in F1

Agree +1
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrT
So a team of 4 drivers for Bendigo, (1 of which is a BADRC member) that's gunna make an impression????
And as stated before they are all racing for their club Keilor.(All members)
Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I remember this being tabled back in 2008 at the ORRCA AGM. The next step was to propose exactly how it would work. There was some resistance at the time as some clubs ask members to race in classes they normally wouldnt run at a drivers series round. No concrete proposals were put forward so it hasnt gone anywhere since then. if you want to propose it at an ORRCA AGM, it needs to be with a full proposal of how the points would work, how would drivers be selected (ie if you enter more than one class, which one scores points) etc etc. Its not straightforward but not impossible.

The Interclub rules are structured so that you only need 8 drivers to score maximum points. 2 drivers per class, best 4 classes counted. So theoretically any club that can field 8 drivers has a chance at victory. it was only a few years ago that Wodonga and Mildura won this event....

My issue with Interclub events is that there always seems to be this kind of fighting. It should be an enjoyable, team building event. I really liked it last year when it was the final event of the year - it was relaxed and fun and a great way to end the year and handout the driver series trophies.

I too would rather see Bendigo field a seperate team, even if it wasnt full.

Its highly unlikely I will be there this year (as I am moving house at that time) but I hope everyone remembers what the event is supposed to be about and has fun with their fellow club members!!!

Ray

Here we go again..............

At the end of the day the larger clubs who can put 2 drivers in each of the 8 points classes will always win. So let it be a shootout between Keilor and Knox may the best club win.

As for Wodonga, Bendigo and Mildura let’s just see which regional club is the best. Try to have 1 person in each class and let’s see who gets 12mths of bragging rights

Going forward this event needs to be scrapped the shield should remain and be a combination of points at each round of the drivers series based on the current shield rule (2 per class for points etc....) like a constructors championship in F1
Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up .

[SIZE="4"]

Sounds like a sensible solution.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Maybe with multiple entries per driver, you just use their best result class rather than try nominating at the start of season, eg you finsh 2nd for the season in class a, but 3rd or lower in class b or c...if you finish 1st in two classes, highest points is your class...tied on points, hmmm, maybe most first places...

The way I see it, everybody gets a chance of a home track advantage throughout the year. It may hurt the teams that don't want to travel but that's no different to the current situation...possibly the same points system that is used for the Shield is used at the end of the year once the Drivers series points are finalized...or if you want to nominate your class at the start of the year the points can be assessed at the end of each round...Any other ideas?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goBezerk
Maybe with multiple entries per driver, you just use their best result class rather than try nominating at the start of season, eg you finsh 2nd for the season in class a, but 3rd or lower in class b or c...if you finish 1st in two classes, highest points is your class...tied on points, hmmm, maybe most first places...

The way I see it, everybody gets a chance of a home track advantage throughout the year. It may hurt the teams that don't want to travel but that's no different to the current situation...possibly the same points system that is used for the Shield is used at the end of the year once the Drivers series points are finalized...or if you want to nominate your class at the start of the year the points can be assessed at the end of each round...Any other ideas?
What about a 'shield class' at each drivers series. 3 races during the day, 1 at the beginning, 1 between the qual and finals and last race of the day. Each club nominates 2 drivers (i.e. 5 clubs so 10 drivers) and they race for shield points for the club. Each club must use 2 different drivers for each round so a total of 10 drivers, Coleman included (exemptions for clubs where they have no new drivers entered for that round). Cars could be 2WD open (i.e. any 1/10 buggy, truck or SCT)

This would make the shield races a bit of a feature event where all the other drivers can down tools and cheer on their club driver.

Pk.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mdapk
What about a 'shield class' at each drivers series. 3 races during the day, 1 at the beginning, 1 between the qual and finals and last race of the day. Each club nominates 2 drivers (i.e. 5 clubs so 10 drivers) and they race for shield points for the club. Each club must use 2 different drivers for each round so a total of 10 drivers, Coleman included (exemptions for clubs where they have no new drivers entered for that round). Cars could be 2WD open (i.e. any 1/10 buggy, truck or SCT)

This would make the shield races a bit of a feature event where all the other drivers can down tools and cheer on their club driver.

Pk.
There has been a lot of discussion over the years about this event.Some years the current format has worked very well and the numbers on each team were all pretty even.The last time this race was at knox was an example of this.The Mildura team had 2 drivers in every class at this event and the other clubs had similar.On the other hand some years it has not worked as some clubs have very few and other clubs have had many.It is true that the club that sent a big team deserves to win over a club that sent a small team but the large team will always win anyway.The shield used to be run over the rounds a the various clubs many years ago and I think the reason why it went to a single format was to allow a team to concentrate on one event and have the advantage of positioning drivers in classes they wouldnt normally run in the drivers series to gain points in different classes.Another reason was that the club shield had become a secondary series over shadowed by the drivers points and drivers lost interest in it.I like the idea of running the shield over the series.We could replace the shield event with another round of the points series.eg we have 5 clubs now so 1 round at each club and vics and coleman.We would need to work out a points score method to work club points out like top 2 count or something...??
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mdapk

Pk.
Not trying to overshadow your idea Pk.Yours might be better.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Doesn't work if you wish to represent your club but aren't willing to do the Drivers Series........but the idea would work for the majority I'm sure
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Not long now
Old 07-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Better find out if I am allowed to race and what class if so.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

who's Racing who?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

I'm racing time! I don't if I will have a car to drive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.