R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Events (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-events-150/)
-   -   2012 Bendigo Cup, May 6th, ORCCA Drivers Series Rd 2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-events/606413-2012-bendigo-cup-may-6th-orcca-drivers-series-rd-2-a.html)

Brettrok 03-27-2012 04:55 AM

Pics from new track changes - follow link on www.badrc.net

http://m1213.photobucket.com/albumvi....jpg.html?o=39

Hammertone 04-01-2012 01:28 AM

hey guys, im thinking of going up to bendigo for this race but i've never driven the track and want to get a bit of practice in. Can someone tell me if the track is open to the public or are there organised practice sessions that i can come to?
are there any races being held between now and then that i can enter my sct into?

cheers,
rick.

Brettrok 04-01-2012 02:23 AM

G'day Rick,

The track is always open, but your best bet is to come to our April race day on Sunday the 15th (we race every 3rd Sunday of the month) as the track and new surface will be in excellent shape then.
Obviously if the track is always open you can go and practice at any time but we don't have water on site to use at any time and the track can be a little dry, so thats why race days are best as we truck the water in for each event.

Check out www.badrc.net for all the details.

Hammertone 04-01-2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Brettrok (Post 10543177)
G'day Rick,

The track is always open, but your best bet is to come to our April race day on Sunday the 15th (we race every 3rd Sunday of the month) as the track and new surface will be in excellent shape then.
Obviously if the track is always open you can go and practice at any time but we don't have water on site to use at any time and the track can be a little dry, so thats why race days are best as we truck the water in for each event.

Check out www.badrc.net for all the details.

Thanks Brett, looks like the 15th is a go'er.
Only, the links on the front page of the website, "April 15th, ORRCA Bendigo Cup, SC Trucks, thrive, 1:8 Electric" don't seem to work. On the Calendar page it says that the April 15 race is the buggy cup. You have a sct class running on that day?

The pics of your recent trackwork look great. I'm on holidays for the next two weeks so wouldn't mind coming up for a play. Is it ready to run on at the moment or still a work in progress? It's alright if its not in the best condition, it'll just make it easier for me on raceday right? :smile:

Brettrok 04-01-2012 07:39 PM

Hi Rick,

The web page items you spoke about aren't actually links but I like the idea and I'm gonna see if they can be links!

The track is definitely drivable at the moment, I took my 13t Slash out for a spin recently and it was a blast, as stated previously just drier than on a race day. The new jumps are the main thing to practice and a 10t will make them easier to handle.

In regards to the Buggy Cup race day on the 15th, SCT's will be running. We race every class at every race meet, but we often have a focus event for one class just make things interesting.
Rest assured that no matter what you drive we'll find a way to race it!

We don't use the full track for 1/10th scale and this time around we have many different options with the new cut throughs we've put in place. Generally speaking we won't be using the very left hand side of the track.

Hammertone 04-01-2012 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Brettrok (Post 10546310)

The web page items you spoke about aren't actually links but I like the idea and I'm gonna see if they can be links!

lol yeah they'd be heaps cooler if they were links :nod:

thanks for the reply brett, i'll get up there this week for a bit of a spin

YoshiDad 04-08-2012 11:18 PM

truck tyres

Gday
Josh and I are coming up for the may round but as Josh will be racing truck we were wondering if someone could advise on which truck tyres we should buy?
Thanks
Dave.

smileypj 04-10-2012 08:10 PM

SCT Blinky

Sign me up for SCT blinky. PT: 2670939

Will most likely be running Goosebumps or Calibres

Brettrok 04-11-2012 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by YoshiDad (Post 10577559)
Gday
Josh and I are coming up for the may round but as Josh will be racing truck we were wondering if someone could advise on which truck tyres we should buy?
Thanks
Dave.

Currently it's a bit hard to say what tyres will work as we haven't had a race-meet on the new surface.
The new surface is red clay if that's any help?!

D REAL NO FEAR 04-11-2012 06:54 PM

This Sunday 15th April is the first and last time to race at Badlands before the Bendigo Cup.
Nominations are from 9.30am racing at 10am
Format 5 x 6min races (best 3 to count)

ray_munday 04-11-2012 09:17 PM

Will there be practice Saturday 5th May? if so, will the track be watered?

Im still 50/50 for the event, need to work around my wifes night shifts. Used a lot of brownie points to go to the nats...:cry:

Ray

D REAL NO FEAR 04-12-2012 12:29 AM

There will be practice on the 5th, track will be watered and will try and have timing as well.

Sc Sandman 04-12-2012 12:48 AM

jaylow215 04-15-2012 01:24 AM

motels

Is there any motels near by anybody have any detaials

lookieaefanboi 04-15-2012 02:12 AM

Heya folks I was planning to run stock 2&4wd. Problem is I have Orion r10 pro speedies, they do have a zero timing profile but are not on roar list yet. Will I be allowed to run it not? I am quite happy to show scrutineering or anyone that there is no added timing.
Cheers
Lookie