Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 NSW Off-Road Club Series >

2012 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharlow
As far as I can remember I paid the morning of the event. I remember this as when I was driving home I was thinking what a waste of money that was for for 2 heats of racing. I'm sure I can show you my bank statement showing you that I took cash out that week.
Funny thing is Harlow rocks up to casso with a new pair of shorts and what are to believe??? Where did the money come from ???
Old 05-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

All my photos from the Castle Hill ProAm have now been uploaded. I still have some videos to do.

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...0ProAm%202012/
Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2012 Frontline Hobbies Maitland Cup

We are pleased to announce that Frontline Hobbies has come on board as title sponsor for the Maitland Cup. You can all look forward to HPI, LRP and HB themed raffle prizes at the event!

Attached is an updated flyer.
Attached Files
Old 05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Accommodation

For anybody looking to book accommodation in Maitland, here is a list of places to stay: http://www.morcc.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=2874.0

Entry Situation

I'm sure it will not have escaped anyone's attention that there are 129 entries so far, and that these will not fit neatly into the 130 places in 13 groups, and some people are likely to miss out.

For those wondering if they will make the cut, I can tell you for certain that if you raced at Castle Hill AND you have a primary entry in the first 30 in 2WD Stock, first 20 in 2WD Mod, first 10 in Stock Truck, first 10 in Mod Truck, first 20 in 4WD Stock or first 10 in 4WD Mod, you are 100% certain to be on the entry list so long as you pay within 2 days of the close.

Almost certainly there will be a 2nd group of 4WD Mod (only needs 1 more primary to put it beyond doubt). It looks like a 2nd group of Mod Truck will probably get up (14 primaries), and then really the 13th group could come form anywhere but at this stage the most likely are a 4th group of 2WD Stock (32 primaries), or a 3rd group of 2WD Mod (23 primaries).

Please don't use this post as a trigger to criticise the entry system, because of it more people will get to race than last year, but I'm well aware that it has its flaws. I've made this post so that people have as much information as possible at this stage (and remember entries haven't been open for 4 days yet). If you have ideas PM me or your club President.

Last edited by Radio Active; 05-10-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added headings.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

And just as I posted that 4WD Mod received its 20th entry, so 2 groups of 4WD Mod are now confirmed. Mod Truck also just got one more primary. So, we are now up to 131 entries for a 130 entry meet.

If at any stage you discover you won't be able to race, please let us know ASAP.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

a few @ The Windsor Castle is always good during a weekend away of racing
Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beaverltd
Funny thing is Harlow rocks up to casso with a new pair of shorts and what are to believe??? Where did the money come from ???
They were straight from St Vinnies for sure!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Paid,,,
Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by doorz
Paid,,,
Always knew it was possible to teach an old dog new tricks. Good thing you had Wilbur on hand.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Always knew it was possible to teach an old dog new tricks. Good thing you had Wilbur on hand.
He just gives advice,,he can't type,,,,,no thumbs,,
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Accommodation

For anybody looking to book accommodation in Maitland, here is a list of places to stay: http://www.morcc.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=2874.0

Entry Situation

I'm sure it will not have escaped anyone's attention that there are 129 entries so far, and that these will not fit neatly into the 130 places in 13 groups, and some people are likely to miss out.

For those wondering if they will make the cut, I can tell you for certain that if you raced at Castle Hill AND you have a primary entry in the first 30 in 2WD Stock, first 20 in 2WD Mod, first 10 in Stock Truck, first 10 in Mod Truck, first 20 in 4WD Stock or first 10 in 4WD Mod, you are 100% certain to be on the entry list so long as you pay within 2 days of the close.

Almost certainly there will be a 2nd group of 4WD Mod (only needs 1 more primary to put it beyond doubt). It looks like a 2nd group of Mod Truck will probably get up (14 primaries), and then really the 13th group could come form anywhere but at this stage the most likely are a 4th group of 2WD Stock (32 primaries), or a 3rd group of 2WD Mod (23 primaries).

Please don't use this post as a trigger to criticise the entry system, because of it more people will get to race than last year, but I'm well aware that it has its flaws. I've made this post so that people have as much information as possible at this stage (and remsoember entries haven't been open for 4 days yet). If you have ideas PM me or your club President.
Daniel
If their is 30 primary enteries in 2 stock dose that mean that Brent g misses out even if he has paid already
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
Daniel
If their is 30 primary enteries in 2 stock dose that mean that Brent g misses out even if he has paid already
If 2WD Stock doesn't go to a 4th heat, and assuming those 30 entrants all raced at Castle Hill and all pay within 2 days of close of entries. Then yes, and we would have to refund Brent (if he doesn't want to swap his entry to a class with an empty spot).

If someone doesn't pay on time though, Brent's early payment puts him in the box seat to take the position.

I know this is convoluted, it's even harder to keep track of from this end.

Last edited by Radio Active; 05-11-2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Fixed (bit in red)
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

If 2WD Stock doesn't go to a 4th heat, and assuming those 30 entrants all raced at Castle Hill and all pay within 2 days of close of entries. Then yes, and we would have to refund Brent (if he doesn't want to swap his entry to a class with an empty spot).

If someone doesn't pay on time though, Brent's early payment puts him in the box seat to take the position.

well that f##ks things dosnt it
Old 05-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What's my chances Daniel ,as I've already booked & payed for my accommodation and I can't get a refund, Am I on the waiting list for 2wd & 4wd ????? ,I can't believe this sh#t ,Why get a person to pay entry if they are not assured a spot, I thought that when I payed I was in ,that's why I payed for my accommodation.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bsshbr
What's my chances Daniel ,as I've already booked & payed for my accommodation and I can't get a refund, Am I on the waiting list for 2wd & 4wd ????? ,I can't believe this sh#t ,Why get a person to pay entry if they are not assured a spot, I thought that when I payed I was in ,that's why I payed for my accommodation.
In your case it was because you entered and then didn't show without telling the Race Director at the last round. As a result the meeting got held up for a few minutes, but it could have meant someone missing out on a race. In fact without you there we dropped back a heat of 4WD Stock, which meant there was a heat free for another class. Both Mod classes were full up, as were both Truck classes before you withdrew. With advanced notice someone else could have entered one of those classes and got a race.

Well, 19 people raced in 4WD Stock at Castle Hill (1 didn't show but had paid their entry fee which is forfeit). You are the first person entered who didn't. So you're certain to get a start in 4WD.

2WD I wouldn't like to say. 33 people raced at Castle Hill, and it will come down to how many of them have entered (I'm not counting now because it could change) and whether the 13th race goes to 2WD Stock or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.