Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9 >

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

Old 02-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerEd
To not allow vents in SCT bodies cut line or no cut lines ruins the racing, to have a small wind gust come through when one truck is in the air who gets flipped or stalled while the guy on the ground gets no effect adds a randomness which shouldn't be a part of racing.

Lets not forget that the real thing has open windows and is tubular behind the cab while the RC SCT has fully enclosed paneling.
+1
Old 02-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Here is the entire section from the AARCMCC rules relevant to bodies:

Originally Posted by AARCMCC EP OFR Rule Book
9.8.1 Bodies: All vehicles must use a 1:10th size body and have the appearance of full-size off-road racing vehicle. Pipe type bodies may be utilised on vehicles originally supplied in that configuration. A driver figure (minimum: head, shoulders, arms) must be firmly secured in proper position on cars using pipe type bodies. A driver figure is not required on enclosed body vehicles.
9.8.2 Bodies must be cut to the mould lines wherever possible. No extra air scopes or vent holes are to be cut into the body unless molded into the body from the manufacturer.
9.8.3 Side dams and spoilers: No add on side dams or spoilers allowed. Those molded into the body as on the original vehicles are allowed. Exception is truck class where a spoiler with a maximum chord of 50.8mm may be added at the rear of the body. The width of this spoiler will not exceed the width of the body at the mounting point.
9.8.4 The body must be securely attached to vehicle at all times while racing. If the body becomes loose and a track hazard or falls off during a race, the vehicle must pull off the track until the body is reattached.
9.8.5 Openings in the body or cockpit floor other than appropriate to full size vehicles (scoops, vents, etc.) shall be kept to a minimum. Openings for wing mounts, antennas, and battery on-off switch shall provide no more than 5 mm in clearance. Specifically, servos, receivers, batteries, and servo savers are not allowed to protrude through original shell.
BAM made some good points with regard to these earlier. I agree that if the original car ran with the windows open, and there are mould lines in the body for these then the rules we have seem to allow them to be cut out. (Which is different to the other classes where the bodies are representation of fictitious vehicles.*) I have seen some pictures of the full size trucks where people have chosen to leave the front window in place though, so that seems like it could be optional.

Of course, given that SCT is just a demo class it would be good to see the specific class rules posted to see if there is anything that supersedes these. If there isn't you'd imagine the AARCMCC rules would apply.

The interesting thing for me is this part of 9.8.1 "A driver figure is not required on enclosed body vehicles." This implies that if you open up the cockpit then you need a driver figure. Given this class is supposed to be all about scale realism I don't see that as a bad thing.

The only definition I can find of open and closed cockpits in a motorsport context is for LeMans racing. There a closed cockpit is defined as one that has a windscreen, roof and doors on either side.

I would therefore suggest that if the cars have the side and rear windows opened up they would still fall under closed cockpit regulations and wouldn't require a driver figure. If they remove the front window though then it's an open cockpit and you'd need the head and shoulders of a driver visible.

Maybe the RC definition of a closed cockpit is different though. It could be that cutting out any portion of the cockpit renders it an open cockpit and therefore in need of a driver figure.

*This may not be the case for some of the Stadium Trucks, and I'm at a loss at the moment as to how to reconcile this.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default cutouts

These are the bodys i used a nats last year and qld state titles 2 years running and northern rivers titles with the roll bar bits cut out and it was no problem
Attached Thumbnails 2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9-27102011117.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Here is the entire section from the AARCMCC rules relevant to bodies:

.[/size]
Looks like there needs to be section 9.8.6 - 9.8.9
That section looks like it was written for buggy and ST, but haven't been revised for SCT.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by littlejohn
Looks like there needs to be section 9.8.6 - 9.8.9
That section looks like it was written for buggy and ST, but haven't been revised for SCT.
SCT isn't an AARCMCC class yet. It has only been run as a Demo. If someone puts up a proposal to make it an AARCMCC class then additions to section 9.8 might be needed.

Whilst the class isn't a sanctioned class the hosts can theoretically make any rules they want. We're trying to work out what is correct based on the assumption that the rule set being used for the event doesn't cover this explicitly and that the AARCMCC rule set will be deferred to, but this may not be the case!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok guys, i run a tenshock 410 motor 5600kv in my pro 4. I just had a look and it isn't listed on the roar website as being an approved motor. Then neither are most other pro 4 motors i have looked into.

am i able to run this motor at the nats for pro4 or does it specifically have to be a motor approved on the roar list.

its a 63 mm can 4 pole motor. so 540 size sensorless

thanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it's funny that most of the questions on the thread are about the demo class . Some defination on the body issue would be good as I will be buying 2 new body's shortly
Old 02-06-2012, 12:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If there are so many SCT drivers coming from all over the country wouldn't it be a good time to sit down and nut out some firm rule proposals for the class ?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by w00kie
ok guys, i run a tenshock 410 motor 5600kv in my pro 4. I just had a look and it isn't listed on the roar website as being an approved motor. Then neither are most other pro 4 motors i have looked into.

am i able to run this motor at the nats for pro4 or does it specifically have to be a motor approved on the roar list.

its a 63 mm can 4 pole motor. so 540 size sensorless

thanks.
please correct me if i am wrong but your running a open class means no limit on motors and esc etc on limits lipo size eg 2S only

if you were running stock then yes you have to have approved motors and esc but not the case for mod?

i hope so otherwise i have wasted a lot of money on entry tyres and accom because most of us are running pro 4 motors and RX8 in 4x4 sct

plus we need to know if they will allow cut out like what SC10 posted as most of us have bodies that have those cut outs ?

it also shows it should be a class as there is plenty of interest in SCT in australia , not just buggys etc
Old 02-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radio Active
SCT isn't an AARCMCC class yet. It has only been run as a Demo. If someone puts up a proposal to make it an AARCMCC class then additions to section 9.8 might be needed.

Whilst the class isn't a sanctioned class the hosts can theoretically make any rules they want. We're trying to work out what is correct based on the assumption that the rule set being used for the event doesn't cover this explicitly and that the AARCMCC rule set will be deferred to, but this may not be the case!
Hmm... It's my understanding that Racered has submitted a proposal for SCT sometime ago (at least for Pro2), but it seems to have landed on pre-occupied ears..

You are correct in saying that it isn't a sanctioned class, that's why it would be nice to have some clarification, so that everyone is on the same page.
Leading up to the 6hr enduro I tried to get some clear rules posted, but my post must have been missed because come race day, there were all these rules governing body cutouts. I happened to be caught out because I had replaced all the windows with mesh to make it look "scale". Luckily we had a back up car, so we were able to substitute the body.

Dunno... may I'm just being a big wussy girl's blouse :P

EDIT: Food for thought.. both Maitland and Ryde run regular SCT. I know Ryde has rules for Pro2 & Pro4 and I assume Maitland does too, perhaps it would be easiest for all, if for this event, SCT was some combination of the existing SCT rules drafted currently in place by these clubs? It would save a bit of time for the organisers... Just a suggestion.

Last edited by littlejohn; 02-06-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
If there are so many SCT drivers coming from all over the country wouldn't it be a good time to sit down and nut out some firm rule proposals for the class ?
+1 Bloody good idea.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Champion

The entry form says this "**** An EP OFR AGM may be scheduled sometime during the day. ****" for Sunday. That would be a good opportunity.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes but if the drivers of SCT (the ones involved ) had a get together before that they might (might) be able to present a united view.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by heavy
Yes but if the drivers of SCT (the ones involved ) had a get together before that they might (might) be able to present a united view.
Good idea.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn
Hmm... It's my understanding that Racered has submitted a proposal for SCT sometime ago (at least for Pro2), but it seems to have landed on pre-occupied ears..

You are correct in saying that it isn't a sanctioned class, that's why it would be nice to have some clarification, so that everyone is one is on the same page.
Leading up to the 6hr enduro I tried to get some clear rules posted, but my post must have been missed because come race day, there were all these rules governing body cutouts. I happened to be caught out because I had replaced all the windows with mesh to make it look "scale". Luckily we had a back up car, so we were able to substitute the body.

Dunno... may I'm just being a big wussy girl's blouse :P

EDIT: Food for thought.. both Maitland and Ryde run regular SCT. I know Ryde has rules for Pro2 & Pro4 and I assume Maitland does too, perhaps it would be easiest for all if for this event, SCT was some combination of the existing SCT rules drafted currently in place by these clubs? It would save a bit of time for the organisers... Just a suggestion.
+1

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.