*** CHALLENGE CUP 2012 ***

Old 06-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NR View Post
Seriously if you want Boosted just go to 17.5

I'd actually like to see 17.5 Abolished for 13.5 around Aus )

Id, like to see you ABOLISHED!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At the MuchMores this year there was 1 sec in lap times between Mod and Stock, and 1 sec between Stock and 21.5. (On average, give or take points of seconds)

The classes are fine.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree with Factory Gav... the classes are fine as they are.. its good with big numbers in classes.. rather then diluting them.

PS must say I am still laughing at the genius that took two years to claim SMA was cheating in 2010.. haha Its like the guy at the pub that starts yelling at the big guy when he is walking away or is not there anymore to hear him.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warnos View Post
PS must say I am still laughing at the genius that took two years to claim SMA was cheating in 2010.. haha Its like the guy at the pub that starts yelling at the big guy when he is walking away or is not there anymore to hear him.
What are you talking about? I genuinely have no idea.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
That was a bullshit move IMHO, as was what a couple of the SMA guys did the following year.
I'm talking about entering in a class they wouldn't normally run, with the sole intent of hacking the opposition out of the race. Very poor form indeed.
Go Team SMA
Old 06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To be truthfull what would be great is if Australia alined with the motor standard overseas, you might think this crazy but when we have our guys go overseas they have to get use to different motors and the performance. I know most good drivers will adapt fairly quickly but it would be easier for them.

Originally Posted by NR View Post
Seriously if you want Boosted just go to 17.5

I'd actually like to see 17.5 Abolished for 13.5 around Aus )

Then again I could have just contradicted myself and be told to go to mod.

I think there is a much bigger difference between stock and mod but not 21.5 and mod.

I used to love it when it was stock or mod, very simple
Old 06-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Totally agree with the below comment about what happened and the person that was spoken about is a person who's ability to set up a car and control it is exceptional, and I injoyed watching his control as he cleared back markers cleanly without complaining and did a fantastic job ( the good part of the night when you have a back problem and in extreme pain ).

I just do not want to see the top drivers off the top classes going back to a class and drive young new starters away, this could then in long term be the demise of the event and as people have said there is no other event where we can go and have fun and groom people for events like Much More & State Titles and if good enough Overseas events.

The one thing I have seen in 21.5 it is about about car setup and driving ability to be constant I personally I get the shakes half way through when I am in any off the top positions and always stuff it up but I have fun anyway.

"Having none boosted comes to driving so even a mod driver is unlikely to guaranteed a win without consistency It stops becoming about setup and more about driving. Think someone came to Castle Hill and showed that to be the case recently and was flamed for it.

Making it a fun event for that CC kinda works well if we keep the event about that and not points.

The only classes which should be seen everywhere right now are as follows :

Mini
F1
21.5 Blinky
Stock Boosted 17.5 or 13.5
Mod

You could argue 12th scale but you need the right track for that class.[/QUOTE]"
Old 06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Warnos, if you read my post properly, you would see that I bagged the actions of both my club as well as a couple of SMA guys. Not once did I say it was cheating. It is simply not "in the spirit " of racing.

It was talked about previously, as was the "sudden " WERC members issue. I'm sure you wouldnt appreciate being deliberately taken out in competition. Mistakes and incidents happen, but being a downright turd is not ok.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:06 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Results from the Windsor round as well as both Club and Driver pointscores can be found at:

http://cc09.castlehillraceway.com/

and go to the 'Results' page.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Why are there always issues before and after a Windsor round?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Who cares i just go for the fun and the enjoyment racing. These events are surpost to be fun not drama as i have enough of that in my own life. Just another 2 cents worth

Cheers
Dean
Old 06-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadaman View Post
It's bizzare.
It must be an environmental issue as besides myself there has only been one Windsor driver make any comment since the event and he didn't even run. And for that matter I ran for SMA as I am a member of both but do most of my racing at SMA due to living 5 mins away.

Brett
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bones181 View Post
Who cares i just go for the fun and the enjoyment racing. These events are surpost to be fun not drama as i have enough of that in my own life. Just another 2 cents worth

Cheers
Dean
+1 to that
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadaman View Post
Only in the minds of some...
Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Results from the Windsor round as well as both Club and Driver pointscores can be found at:

http://cc09.castlehillraceway.com/

and go to the 'Results' page.
Wow i didnt expect those results maitland and ACT so close. Well done to those clubs for taking up the challenge.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.