R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 09-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #16
Tech Rookie
 
Tom.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 11
Default

Hi guys, could someone tell me what shore tyres are needed for this track during competition times?

also what sort of shores will be needed for the first few days of practice and quals?

i'm guessing 37's to 42's but what sort of amount would i need? more 40's than 37's or would it be predominantly 40's 42's?

....or am i totally off, is it 35's to 40's??

cheers
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #17
Tech Adept
 
MuGG1N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
Hi guys, could someone tell me what shore tyres are needed for this track during competition times?

also what sort of shores will be needed for the first few days of practice and quals?

i'm guessing 37's to 42's but what sort of amount would i need? more 40's than 37's or would it be predominantly 40's 42's?

....or am i totally off, is it 35's to 40's??

cheers
Stock up on 37's to 40's and a couple of 35's if you want I run the 37's at the club days and i have no probs with them.

I would buy more 37's then 40's, the 37's would be used through practice and heats 40's for the longer finals.

Hope this helps

Cheers
MuGG1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #18
Tech Rookie
 
Tom.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuGG1N View Post
Stock up on 37's to 40's and a couple of 35's if you want I run the 37's at the club days and i have no probs with them.

I would buy more 37's then 40's, the 37's would be used through practice and heats 40's for the longer finals.

Hope this helps

Cheers
cheers mate thanks for the info. If clubbies are generally 37's sounds like 40's might be the go if grip is good. Hopefully i get all my gear in time.
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default Mini teaser to coax Queenslanders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by West03 View Post
MRCCR is proud to announce the “Capricorn AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships” from the 21st till the 23rd of October.

Folks this isnt an official nats teaser. It's a mashup of Brendale and Lilydale.... It's Android & Iphone compatible so share it as you wish but music is copyright so it's non commercial.. Hopefully entice more banana benders down to Mexico in October

http://www.beachmumsracing.org.au/Ql..._nats_2011.mp4

Lets not forget the sponsors... Who came to Qld too!!

http://www.beachmumsracing.org.au/Ra..._Capricorn.mp4

See you there

Tech note: Quicktime will play it directly from browser or you'll download it from my server @ 23Mb. It will stream to Iphones and alike.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Great vid's H !
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #21
Tech Adept
 
MuGG1N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
Default

H as always the vid's are fantastic bring on the Nat's can't wait.
MuGG1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #22
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

good videos Harry, i recon each event should have it's own keen videographer to prep an event teaser video. Events just seem that much more special and worthwhile when the club puts on an effort to jazz up and promote the event.

and for the MRCCR club guys, great job on the entry form, looks very professional. I'm guessing someone in the club is a graphic designer?
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #23
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
good videos Harry, i recon each event should have it's own keen videographer to prep an event teaser video. Events just seem that much more special and worthwhile when the club puts on an effort to jazz up and promote the event.

and for the MRCCR club guys, great job on the entry form, looks very professional. I'm guessing someone in the club is a graphic designer?
Your guess is correct, it just so happens that I am looking forward to an offical video by the graphics designer. Director of Ettika and racer, Tim Westwood. I am assuming he's very busy setting up his new business and hope he can find the time to mash up a vid with his keen eye.



http://www.ettikadesign.com.au/
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
West03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Victoria, Geelong
Posts: 389
Default

Harry, you are a credit to your profession. Time permitting, I will try to put a promo video together. There is still a lot of work to be done in preparing for this event. Our club is working hard to insure this years nationals will be talked about for years to come.

We have also received some unbelievable support from our sponsors which includes car kits, pit gear, go fast pits and pieces. So stay tuned for more announcements and keep those entries coming in.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EGA . MUGEN SEIKI (MRX5 WC) . MMI . SANWA . MURNAN MODIFIED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MRCCR - MELBOURNE RADIO CONTROL CIRCUIT RACING
www.mrccr.com.au
West03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Hi Tim,

On the entry form it states:

*Depending on numbers MRCCR may elect to start the official proceedings on the 19th of October.

I take it this refers to controlled practise only?

Even if the numbers are massive (which it looks like they will be), will there defiently be practise on Thursday morning (20th Oct)?

Thanks,

Michael.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #26
Tech Regular
 
West03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Victoria, Geelong
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_T View Post
Hi Tim,

On the entry form it states:

*Depending on numbers MRCCR may elect to start the official proceedings on the 19th of October.

I take it this refers to controlled practise only?

Even if the numbers are massive (which it looks like they will be), will there defiently be practise on Thursday morning (20th Oct)?

Thanks,

Michael.
Hi Michael,

The official proceeding means the start of official timing for qualifying and includes the practice in heats to test transponders etc. Normally this starts on the Friday for numbers below the 70 mark. If we are to get numbers in the 70+ mark then we may need to start the qualifying on Thursday.

Its going to be hard trying to accommodate this many drivers into a 3 day event from start to finish with 10 minute qualifying and still have a safety puffer for delays which may be out of our control. MRCCR will keep a close eye on the numbers and notify all competitors as soon as possible if we need to start on Thursday.

Also note that Monday is an official rain-day and lets hope we don't need to use it.
The track will be open for all competitors from Monday onwards due to the numbers and interest shown.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EGA . MUGEN SEIKI (MRX5 WC) . MMI . SANWA . MURNAN MODIFIED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MRCCR - MELBOURNE RADIO CONTROL CIRCUIT RACING
www.mrccr.com.au
West03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Cheers mate.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West03 View Post
Harry, you are a credit to your profession. Time permitting, I will try to put a promo video together. There is still a lot of work to be done in preparing for this event. Our club is working hard to insure this years nationals will be talked about for years to come.

We have also received some unbelievable support from our sponsors which includes car kits, pit gear, go fast pits and pieces. So stay tuned for more announcements and keep those entries coming in.
Im just an IT guy who takes care of top class editors and cameramen and learns snippets of their craft... One day Ill get them to show up and really make a professionally produced RC Video.

That's 4 QLDers in a row on Slyfox.. Tks P & B Giblin.. dependable as always. Looking forward to the trip down and to quote the wiggles...

WAKE UP JEFF!!!

We're counting down the days
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #29
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West03 View Post
The track will be open for all competitors from Monday onwards due to the numbers and interest shown.
hi West, is this a 100% confirmation? i just want to double check as i woul dbe organising my accommodation for an extra night to accomodate for some extra practice on monday and tuesday
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #30
Tech Regular
 
West03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Victoria, Geelong
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
hi West, is this a 100% confirmation? i just want to double check as i woul dbe organising my accommodation for an extra night to accomodate for some extra practice on monday and tuesday
Yes 100% confirmed Tom. Peter Senior will be there to open the track
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EGA . MUGEN SEIKI (MRX5 WC) . MMI . SANWA . MURNAN MODIFIED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MRCCR - MELBOURNE RADIO CONTROL CIRCUIT RACING
www.mrccr.com.au
West03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:32 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net