Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 1/10th Electric Off Road Nationals Live Updates >

2011 1/10th Electric Off Road Nationals Live Updates

2011 1/10th Electric Off Road Nationals Live Updates

Old 04-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 2011 1/10th Electric Off Road Nationals Live Updates

Hi all.

For those who are interested I will update with others round by round from the Nationals. Hope to include a few photos as well and if you are after a result of a particular driver post their name on here and I will do my best to chase up their results.
Tomorrow is the first day of practice.Thursday is timed practice and Friday is 2wd,4wd is Saturday and CORR (short course) trucks and trucks on Sunday.

Cheeseman
Old 04-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Today's practise is all done. Mixed results, with some of Keilor boys posting some fast times.

After day 1 practise , if you can consistanly do mid to low 24 sec laps you should be one the money in stock, with some of the top mod drivers dropping down to the 21 sec laps occasionally.

Myself and Glenn managed to break 24 seconds and delve into the mid 23's in both 2wd and 4wd.
Consistency is the key with a tricky back section and technical mid section. If you can make 12 laps without a mistake it won't matter what laps times do you will make a podium here!

Truck here is tough with a lot of really talented locals and a couple of freaks from chargers pushing the envelope and setting some supper fast laps.

Tommorow will wield a drop in lap times as most of the drivers become more familiar with the demanding circuit.

For more information and today's report go to www.Keilorrc.org.au including photos.

Nathan Hodder was too busy signing autographs for his beloved fans acording to the Chessman to make a real impact today.

If you have any questions ask and we shall endeavor to deliver.

BTW weather was a sunny 27 and tyre wear was extreme.

Enjoy.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default stuff

good luck over john and thanks for the updates. make sure the chargers boys dont drink too much over there. you've seen what they are like
Old 04-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Great summary of the days practise session John.
How's Yourself, Hero and kak going?
I reckon one of you this time round should be on top.
How's Jeff primmer going as well?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Just finished wrenching and cleaning ready for tomorrow.
Just about to grab some needed rest.

Kak is going to be a really big contender in truck, as I was leaving he had just finished running about 40 min straight I reckon, very consistently in the low 25's just trying to crack into the 24's but it got the better of him and he packed up his stuff and headed to bed after a "clock" mix up that meant they had the spent the previous night in a very cramped KIA.

hero's 2wd looked really strong and he should easily be a A starter if all goes his way, he wasn't happy with his 4wd as I was leaving, complaining it was too slow, it seemed ok to me, maybe its time to mix it up with mod boys.

One of the other chargers boys seemed to be having tyre glueing issues with the occiasional tyre and foam passing the car coming onto the straight.

More updates tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

great work on the report Kick ass boys!!!!!

keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN DOooo IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default day 2

Just finishing breaky and packing our stuff to head to the track for day 2 timed practice.

With about 14 heats per round we maybe lucky to get 3 or 4 sessions of timed practice.

Today is all about see where we all fit in with the rest of our respective classes and where we all stand after it all shakes down.

BTW there is about 12 losi 22's running around with mixed results, I am sure after today they should be at the pointy end with the right setup.

See you all at the track
Old 04-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Halfway through day 2 practice ,

Times not really falling as much as everyone expected, track has changed and grip isn't quite as high as it was yesterday with the only blue groove forming on the final corner coming onto the main straight.

Leigh looks to have a really good grip on his 22 along with Logan also post some really consistent times.

We have the luxury of have live timing on a screen in the pits along with live timing via a wireless devise of choice.

temperature is starting to climb into the high 20's and the track temp has just hit 34 degrees, making front tyre compound choice difficult as it is at the point turning from orange to white and red to silver in the respective brands of front tire.

Front tyre wear is high as most of use are balding a set of barcodes at least once a day. Rear tyre wear is also high as the traction isnt quite there and most people are at their self allocated limit for practice tires.

All my cars are looking good at the moment, Pete's xfactory looks good , aaa he posts some good laps , however consistency will be to key to winning and making the A main tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stinky cheese View Post
Hi all.

For those who are interested I will update with others round by round from the Nationals. Hope to include a few photos as well and if you are after a result of a particular driver post their name on here and I will do my best to chase up their results.
Tomorrow is the first day of practice.Thursday is timed practice and Friday is 2wd,4wd is Saturday and CORR (short course) trucks and trucks on Sunday.

Cheeseman
legend mate.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Photos and updates from day 2 practice....

http://www.keilorrc.org.au/reports/2...les_report.htm
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Day two practice finished.

A lack of drivers resulted in open practice all day with timing available on all runs, instead of the usual timed class heat.

WA have really out done themselves when a 42 inch plasma was installed in the powered undercover pits for viewed timing, along with live access to alycat via laptops from Friday onwards.

Mixed results all round with the track having 3 main shifts in traction/condition throughout the day with the last 2 hours being really quite dusty and bumpy.

As the track is quite technical and difficult to navigate without an error, it was extremely difficult to put together a clean run with upto 15+ cars on the track at any given point throughout the day, together with a extremely large casualty rate on the back straight ( kink ) this made it increasingly difficult to have a clean run from lap to lap, at best you could hope for 3 clean laps with the track offer strewn with littered cars.

All the chargers boys really started to find some good rhythm in both 2wd and truck, but at the end of the day local stock drivers Kai and Keri really put down some fast laps which should prove tough to beat during the first session of qualifying tomorrow.

Glenn in his 4wd was right on the money throwing down some fast laps early in the day, along with myself posting a 22.300 in 2wd which was a one lap wonder coming from nowhere and wasn't to be beaten all day with most of the stock drivers running in high 24 sec and low 25's. Later when the conditions changed my 2wd was totally undriveable in the bumps and dust.

Chessman's 22 was up and down all day showing some brilliance when the conditions suited.
I will get Cheesman to make comment on mod proceedings as I am unaware of what was going on in the fast lane.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Awesome job with the updates guys! Good luck for everyone tomorrow. Wish I was there
Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Default MOD

Modified drivers.

"The Reference" is Josh Pain and he is looking the goods with his Yokomo and Kyosho Rb5, very fast and in usual Painy style driving to find his limits then he will drive under then tomorrow.

In 2wd the NZ National Champ Darren Johnson looks good with the X Factory and Gavin Suckling and Matt Primmer also fast.

4wd Boz is fast and only running one car he has done an amzing amount of laps with his Durango.Others of note where again mate Primmer,Suckling and Johnson.

2wd is up first tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

1 hour to the first stock A qualifying , scruitineering is almost complete with all tyres now marked and all cars have passed without a hitch, even the ones with speed breaks.

Nerves just starting to build....

stock A Qual

Keri Mac Donald
David Lawrance
David Wilson
Glenn Wilson
Mathew Webb
Arron Bruce
John cavil
Glenn Chivers
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Default ARE GO

Well racing has begun at 9.30 Perth time or 11.30 Eastern. Two heats of stock followed by 3 of modified. Time to go for the nervous wee or drop the kids off at the pool.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.