Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November >

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So we all should support other country's events and economy's before our own..... no there isn't 25-30 guys from over here go east because there isn't that many drivers over here. We are but 1 state not 5!

Bare in mind this track was only opened 1 yr ago to Electric racing and Perth hasn't had a club like this one dedicated to Asphalt racing since the old Ryper track closed.

As said though, we shall have a great event and enjoy ourselves with or without the interstate guys. Hopefully the experience of a Nationals will get some of the racers that have only been running these past 12mths to travel next year. I have full intentions to do it next yr, already saving for it
Old 11-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Kulgs

Going to Thailand is all about being able to see/race against the best in the world.

Where else can the average joe racer get to see the likes of Reinhard, Hara, Groskamp, Moore, Volker, Adachi, Surikarn etc racing at the highest level?

For as long as I can remember (since I started in 1990) Nats held in WA have been poorly attended by the east. It is just a matter of expense for a large number of racers. For the others this year, the choice was simply to go to Thailand, or in the case of the SA drivers FEMCA

Enjoy your racing
Old 11-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

I remember Offroad nats at the same facility (99 i think it was) was well represented from the east, myself included as i was based in Penrith at the time (ran Castle Hill Off Road).

But hey all just my opinion and i can defiantly understand people wanting to see the worlds best race, again something i will do one day.

Its just a shame more people couldn't make the effort to come and race. Racing over here has changed alot in the past few years compared to what it was 10yrs ago when i first moved over here.

Enjoy Thailand mate
Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have the money to go but not the time off. I had contemplated flying in Friday night and getting the red eye back Sunday but it's a bit too hectic even for me

Will there be timing up online anywhere during the event?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
I have the money to go but not the time off. I had contemplated flying in Friday night and getting the red eye back Sunday but it's a bit too hectic even for me

For our Off Road Nats this year the club had wifi live timing in the pits aswell as a large 40" LCD monitor setup, I dont believe we did have it linked up to the outside world however.. But many were keeping reports and updates in there respective club and nat threads online within RCtech's threads

The Off Road Nats had a large contingent of east coasters in attendance however so updates to friends and there clubs was very active.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

We will be attempting to update all results to our website after each round. So keep an eye on the website during the event for updates and results
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

cannon, it wasnt a dig at you personally and fully understand finances are tight, but it is still prety sad when at a national event not one interstate mini driver has entered this event, yet there is a few touring car drivers that have entered which is really great and we do appreciate them entering.

we will definitely have a great event
the crew at bayswater have ran every race day without any problems
the state titles were great and the nats pre warmup event was great too
cant wait till its nats week

BRING IT ON !!!!

Cheers
Lorraine
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Craig, if ur still keen, pm me to discuss an entry

Ryan
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Snow Rider
Unfortunately we have had to pull 1/12th and F1 from the event due to lack of numbers. If this affects you, check your inbox for an email.
As it turns out, it's just as well I didn't organise a trip. As I only have a 12th scale, and my entry wouldn't have made the difference judging by the entry list.

With regard to the Nationals vs. International Race Debate: if seeing top international drivers is the attraction then I guess we need to do more work to get those top racers to Australia.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
As it turns out, it's just as well I didn't organise a trip. As I only have a 12th scale, and my entry wouldn't have made the difference judging by the entry list.

With regard to the Nationals vs. International Race Debate: if seeing top international drivers is the attraction then I guess we need to do more work to get those top racers to Australia.
thats a good idea ! it was hard enough to get one of AU's best to come, so not sure how we are going to attract internationals !
Old 11-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Smile Nationals Warmup event

The Nationals warmup event is this sunday. Gates open 8 am, drivers meeting @ 9:40, first round starts 10am.

This will be a 3Q & 3F

Please remember we are starting 1 hour earlier than normal.

Enter via Alycat online entries

C u all there.

Ryan
Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
thats a good idea ! it was hard enough to get one of AU's best to come, so not sure how we are going to attract internationals !
One international at FEMCA attracted a lot of racers. Maybe just getting one International would get you all of Australia's best. How did Dave Smith get Surikan to come to Tamworth? I'm not criticising, just thinking out loud.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Presents from Sik Hobbies

To all the guys who got their entries in, thankyou. And for your efforts, we are putting you all in the draw to win an Imax B6 06 AC pro charger.
2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November-sikcharger.jpg
This will be a seperate draw to the raffle.

And just to top it off, a little added incentive to the winner of each AARCMCC Class:
2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November-sikvouchers.jpg
A $150 voucher for Sik Hobbies

WCMRC would like to thank Sik Hobbies for their support for the Nationals
Old 11-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How's the weather been lately?? Does the track normally dry quick?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lionel S
How's the weather been lately?? Does the track normally dry quick?
Congrats dude

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.