Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series >

2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

At the track, if you want any updates during the day.... post or PM....will try.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks go to Peter and the Maitland club for putting on a relaxed but competative meet today,
had a great weekend
cheers
Steve
Old 10-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Cheers to the Maitland crew for a tops day of racing. Thanks also to the weatherman for getting it all wrong.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Big thanks to,Greg.Peter and the rest of the Maitland crew,
for hosting a great last round of the CC,
Plenty of grip, good food,great racing,,,,,,
good weather,

Looking forward to more of the same intense
racing next year,,,

Big thanks to Mav for putting up with all of us all year,
We love ya mate,

Cheers;
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Well done Maitland for a great day.
Also thanks to the event organisers for all their hard work.this year.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks to Mav for a great comp and the teams at each club that make it possible...lots of work from a few that make it possible for all.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Great day guy's well done to the Maitland crew for putting on
another great round.

Great to see some very close racing and clean, keep me on edge all day.

Congratulation to all the winner's and everyone involved.

This year has been a great pleassure to be able to drive among the
top drivers through the year i have had a ball.

Mav what can say Great year mate thanks ,looking forward to next year's series.

Cheers Jay
Old 10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Default CS 2010 & R4

What a great day yesterday.
Started on Saturday with a sweltering 34 degrees and and some good practice sessions.
Down to business on Sunday where it was a little cooler and a great turn out.
The competition in all classes was excellent.

Jason Thornton, Jason Summers, Tom Matley, Joshua Hore, Shane Clark, Luke Olding & myself having some great battles in 2WD Stock. It was so close that there was a 4 way tie for TQ, split only by fastest times. Jason Thornton eventually taking out the day & the Series.
In 2WD Mod, Jarred ran away with it for the most part, with Scott Pettet, Dallas Gardiner & Cam Sautelle keeping things honest.
Truck Stock saw some great battles with Tom Matley, Luke Olding, Daniel Burrough, Shane Edwards & Aaron Bruce trading places throughout the day.
Truck Mod had the 2 old rivals with Jarrod King and Sean Chapple going hard, and Scott Pettet keeping them honest, with Jarrod eventually taking out the day, and Sean the Series.
4WD Stock was the hardest fought class all day with great battles between Jason Thornton, Mikey Russell, Tom Mately, Joshua Hore, Chris Marshall, Daniel Curby and Paul Shannon, with the Maitland Junior picking up a first and a second. Also, we saw the return of local icon, Jeff Primmer.
4WD Mod was brutal with some great battles between the local boys, Jarrod King, Dallas Gardiner, Matthew Cocks, Mathew Primmer, and great results for Cam Sautelle, Thomas Armstrong & Sean Chapple.
A great day and a great series and some good fun along the way.

Special mention to the 2 Juniors for a hard earned battle. Joshua and Aaron tied on 381 points at the end of the season, and after 2 count backs, it was taken out by Joshua Hore. Well done guys!

I'd like to thank the Club committees for all their hard work during the year, as well as all those volunteers that come over to work at other Clubs tracks (onya Peli & others), assisting with Scutineering, Canteen, Race Control, voluntary Marshalling and admin (you know who you are). You guys are awesome and kept things rolling along.

Thanks also to the competitors for making this an enjoyable year.

I'll be posting all the results on the CS website over the next week.

Good luck and we'll see what next year brings.

Mav
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Meeting Report R4.pdf (104.0 KB, 206 views)
Old 10-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Club Points Score

Club Points Score attached.

Congratulations Castle Hill

Mav
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Club Points Score 2010.pdf (35.3 KB, 267 views)
Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sum footage here of truck stock and 4wd stock sorry bout the sound and quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k7AOaFd2P4

congrats to all castle hill racers who raced in clubs challenge 2010
Old 11-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

edit wrong post

Last edited by J-T9959; 11-02-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

you know why

Ive got it right this time
Very contructive Darryn sounds good to me

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
Hi Guys,

I have been chatting with "ėl presidente's" Tom Clifford, Richard Bagguley, Michael Harlow and several others about a couple of thoughts I have through the year. These are not all my own ideas - but a culmination of many - "melded" into what I would like to propose to you all for next year. I know Richard and Michael have chatted to others about this and there has been some support - or at least acceptance in some way of the ideas.

I have discussed this proposal with MAV and he is happy to do whatever the clubs are happy with, and understands and supports that the clubs need to focus on growing and getting stronger. He is happy to do whatever the clubs want. (Not to mention that he proposal would make life alot easier for organisers like Mav, Peter and others too).

Here goes......................:

1) That the "club challenge" series that we have been running be dropped in favour of 4 seperate "special" meetings throughout the year run by the host club like they were in the 80's and 90's. This means the return of the Ryde "Sydney Cup", The Castle Hill "Pro-am", the St Ives "Cup" and Maitlands "Cup". (The names can of course be changed - I probably fluffed up a couple anyway ).

The advantages of this are many- here are a few:

a) No longer will drivers feel that they "Have to" run a class to support their club or "have to" attend an event to support it. (Whether people care to admit it online or not - more than a few have spoken to me about this - and from different clubs).

b) Allows clubs to run the events how they see fit. If they want to have Short Course Trucks - they have Short Course, if they want to have 50 entrants in truck mod - they can allow for it...(wildly overstated - but you get my meaning.)

c) The biggest advantage is that the new comers can attend the event without the pressure of feeling that they "have to do it (place well), for the club". I beleive that we will see alot more new drivers wanting to attend their clubs "big event" simply because of this fact alone.

After all - it is these new drivers that are going to be the future of the hobby - and without them - we dont have a future, we will just race eachother untill the money runs out, not to mention it is way more exciting to drive against new talent and watch someone grow through their experience. These are just a few of the benefits of changing the series - I wont put them all down - I will let the following pages do that - and of course any negatives)

2) The CLUB SHIELD to be made into a two day "large scale" meeting - second only to the NSW titles.

This is where the clubs choose their top drivers, (which have been identified through the year at the large club meets), to "wage war"on the track in heated "club on club" competition!! (I know - kinda cheezy - but I am trying to sell it here guys!!)

There have been a number of ideas discussed for this - here are few that I and others have come up with:

a) TRUCKS on Saturday - Mod and Stock classes - AS WELL as SCT. This gives SC the attention it seemingly deserves, as the classes for SC are still very much up in the air - the CLUBS will have to agree on some rules before it is included)

b) 2wd and 4wd Stock and Modified to be run on Sunday.

c) Clubs can pick their drivers and those drivers can enter in TWO events - not limited to one.

This gives the Club Shield the attention it deserves. The ONE time for the year when individual performance is put aside and CLUB is what it is all about. Sledging only last for a month before and a month after - not the whole darn year!! (I am JOKING) There are also many other advantages - but again - they can be brought up by others as well.

I have honestly never had such an intense year of racing, while that is great, so much of this year has been focused on running for your club that we have lost sight of what really matters - thats looking after our clubs more and being there to race with our fellow clubmates with all levels of driving skill ON CLUB DAYS. We should not need to be driving all over the state to enjoy good racing.

Thats the other thing this proposal potentially does - it will take the emphasis off competing for you club and winning for your club. It put's it back on running at other clubs for enjoyment, and personal results etc.

I am sure their are going to be many opinions on this proposal. Just remember "dont shoot the messenger" - as I am merely putting down thoughts and ideas that myself and others have discussed through the year.

I hope their will be some constructive discussion on this.

Cheers

Darryn

Last edited by J-T9959; 11-02-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

This may also be a way to bring back a novice class too so they can
run at there own level
Old 11-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default CC Winners

Here is the Castle Hill Team after Sunday's round at Maitland.

Mav can you pm your emaill addy so i can send the others to you please
cheers Tony

Old 11-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

any racing pics ?

I know there was a bloke there sunday who was snapping quite a few shots

Last edited by vikingen; 11-02-2010 at 02:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.