Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2010 Aussiemove International Nitro Challenge 19/20 June >

2010 Aussiemove International Nitro Challenge 19/20 June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Aussiemove International Nitro Challenge 19/20 June

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ocrraceway
Firstly before this goes any further guys, the disclaimer is no different to what you would need to recognise/sign when partaking in any form of perceived risky activity.
So when I go to launa park do I have to sign an indemnitey form No I dont.
I am sorry tony but as far as I can make out the form is a load of bull and does not need to be signed, you still are covered if you sign it or not. And if a buggy does hit me while I am marshalling were you as propriter told me to stand, as marshalling spots are marked. I am sorry mate but your insurance would be paying for anything I need fixing Ie if my glasses got broken is 1 for sure.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

No I expect you dont sign a waiver/disclamier when you enter Luna Park but I expect that somewhere there is a condition of entry disclaimer, that may be on a sign, printed on the back of tickets, information pamphlets etc that state pretty much the same things as this disclamier does.

For your reading pleasure please check the links below for other venues and activities that dont even ask you to be aware but state that by entry or purchase to the venue/event/activity you waive any right to claim, there are many many more, some print it in fine print on the back of tickets and entries, some have signs at the entry gates stating you enter at your on risk etc etc. The bottom line is we are bound by law to show a duty of care to the people that enter our premises and if found negligent in that regard may be held liable, but you as a competitor in full control of your vehicle is negligent in the operation of such vehicle may also be liable if you are found to be negligent.

http://www.clipsal500.com.au/page.php?page=34
http://morrcc.com/uploads/disclaimer.doc (this is the sunshine club rules they have used a modified version of the OCR disclaimer)
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf (rule 1.4)
http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/824...ndemnities.pdf
http://www.v8supercarevents.com.au/sydn ... fentry.htm
http://www.rallysa.com.au/spectators/sp ... safety.asp
http://www.a1gp.com/About/CompTermsOfUs ... eSupport=1

In closing I beleive I have fully explained the situation and no further correspondence in this matter is required, although if you require further validation contact me personally via phone 0417842744

If you wish to gain entry to the event you must sign/acknowledge the disclaimer and rules as a condition of entry to the event.

Last edited by ocrraceway; 11-22-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ouch!

over the years of racing dirt bikes, speedway etc and many broken bones and skin still left on the track surface, did i look to point the blame @ any one? its a real shame that ppl would expect to be covered by a, you could call a non profit organization.
As most times i went to the Speedway on a Saturday night i new if a sprint car came over the fence and hit you well you didn't get a razoo & certainly wouldnt of tried.
Hopefully our country doesn't go down the path as the Yank's and every one wants to put their hand out as soon as they get injured. I'm sure that it would be the end of most clubs. (my 2 bobs worth.)
Unfortunately any disclaimer probably wouldn't stand up in court with a good lawyer. Even tho you provide as much as a safe place as you can, unless you have a type of Workplace Method Statement or even and have people sign off on various procedures, to show you had tried to educate. i think you are wide open for personal gain.
Where will our club events be if every one had to wear safety hats,boots,glasses etc. that could be the way a club might have to go if some one had an injury and tried to sue. If you were to read or have the OHS rules and reg's dictated to you you would be fully aware of the Duty of care we all owe each other and how you can be held responsible for some one Else's welfare.
it can be quite daunting.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you cant read then deflated ego I stated I have had a 1/8th buggy hit me in the face mate i sued no one the committe was worried but I would not ever sue any one to much like being a Yanklike you say and that is my point mate. Why we have to sign the waver is my point we all now about due care ectect, and that with a good lawyer it wont stand up, But why is he making you sign the form then I hate signing anything so dont get me wrong on that 1 But were else do we have to sign I cant think I have raced at state titles in both Onroad and Offroad and never signed anything So again I dont wont to sue any one I just want to now why Tony is making you sign as he wont let you enter if you dont
Old 11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Bollard

Again I state, it is a condition of entry to the event that you sign the entry form, it does not matter that no one else has this in place, its the way it is at OCR, it really is simple its your choice to sign or not.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well back to racing now.
Is anyone going to run 1/8th EP?
I would realy like to race mine, so come guys, lets do it
Old 11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey

There are 4 local guys that are keen to race 1/8 EP, I might even throw my hand up as well, although Nitro is my weapon of choice.

I would consider running the class with lower numbers than 10, but the prizemoney would reduce accordingly.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Yeah big numbers make it fun, but I really dont care bout the cash, I just want to race the thing.
Do you think the class will get a run up there, even if the numbers are low, like 5 or 6 entries?
Old 11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Dal

Mate I dont want to say a definate yes to that as I want to keep the pressure on to try and make the class numbers. But bottom line is if you enter and come and we can make a reasonable field the class will run. There just has to be a cutoff point where due to time constraints and to put on a good show we need a certain amount of competitors in each class to make it viable.

As yet there has not been one 1/8 EP entry, and dont beleive we will get any until someone makes the effort and enters, numbers generate numbers
Old 11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Dal
Tech Master

OK, looks like its up to me.
If I enter, is there anyone up there that I could send my 2nd car and some tires etc to?
Just because I couldnt fit it all in the 23kg limit, with racing 2 classes.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Hey again

Yeh I know its a toughy, all I can do is put the class in front of you all, it really is up to you guys to support it.

Anyway in regards to your other question, yes you can freight your gear up to me, OCR is privately owned and is situated at my business premises where I also live, so your gear will be looked after, all I need to know is what is coming, and when and who's it is etc etc.

The above offer is valid for anyone who is attending!!!!
There is a Pro shop onsite at OCR also, so fuel, tyres, etc etc are all available onsite.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Dal

You dont have to be the first now, one of the locals has just entered 1/8 EP, so lets get ona roll and get a few more entries
Old 11-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Dal
Tech Master

OK thanks for the info, and thanks for the hospitality, will get organised soon.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the entry's Dallas, website is updated.

Hopefully now there are a couple of EP entered we might get on a roll!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

so who else is gunna put there name down for electric

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.